+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summation of Rogue Nerfs that might not seem to be nerfs...

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Summation of Rogue Nerfs that might not seem to be nerfs...

* Occasionally NPCs would be unable to attack stealthed players. Not anymore! - Results in us losing even the joy of stealthing through the world unharrassed.

* Increased the amount of Armor on Cloth items. - Harder to kill mages

* PvP Combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast they will still land if a target moves behind you while casting is in progress. - LoS still works thankfully.

* Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities. - Mages more dangerous (the only class we could unstealth and reliably kill)

* Fury of the Fae: Now a pet-cast buff that increases the group/raid's Attack Power and Spell Power for 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. Shares stacking with Bard's Motif of Bravery. - Bard loses more utility.

* Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items: - Negative for everyone, but with new values will take 8 days of Tier 2 to get 1 piece of Tier 2 armor

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    * Fury of the Fae: Now a pet-cast buff that increases the group/raid's Attack Power and Spell Power for 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. Shares stacking with Bard's Motif of Bravery. - Bard loses more utility.

I don't get why Bards keep on being pushed into a corner. I've always regarded them as nothing more then a buffer class with some healing for a bread and butter play style but they need a serious buff to it so they aren't kicked to the side for a buffer class that can also heal better! Or better yet just get a balanced group with each person have their own buffs to make up for the bard!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Plane Touched

* Occasionally NPCs would be unable to attack stealthed players. Not anymore! - Results in us losing even the joy of stealthing through the world unharrassed.

* Increased the amount of Armor on Cloth items. - Harder to kill mages

* PvP Combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast they will still land if a target moves behind you while casting is in progress. - LoS still works thankfully.

* Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities. - Mages more dangerous (the only class we could unstealth and reliably kill)

* Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items: - Negative for everyone, but with new values will take 8 days of Tier 2 to get 1 piece of Tier 2 armor

I play a rouge, and you are sounding silly.

LOS exploit because of pass-through is lame.
    Stealth shouldn't be the be-all-end-all of escape.
    Increased armor on casters will still be less than leather no worries.
    30 sec buff verse 1 hour buff.

RIFT Guide Writer

Why should i have to get behind to use backstab if he doesnt have to face me to hit me?

(LoS isnt nerfed, you can still LoS a mage)

And mages with increased armor and damage just became super dangerous.

Name me one thing our class does better than another class? (besides stealth)

Plane Touched

Why should i have to get behind to use backstab if he doesnt have to face me to hit me?

This.

Casters have been dealing with this for years, and they STILL manage to rip the face off of others.

Hell, the NUMBER ONE combo in WoW for arena was Priest, Mage, rogue....let me repeat those first two... priest, mage. I guess WoW just had better players....

Plane Touched

I said walkthough expliot got nerfed. You want the mage to fail 100% because you got close ? it took like 1 sec to get close and probably from stealth?

And mages with increased armor and damage just became super dangerous
    I could eaisly kill any mage (as a bard). Hope they got a tad better. The armor I think is more PVE than PVP. So over-react much?

Name me one thing our class does better than another class? (besides stealth)
    Rouges can stun lock better.
    Regenerating Energy
    More life
    Better armor
    Speed
    Buff

so many souls, hard to have a definite better list.

Rouges can't be mana drained, and can move and use most of their spells (melee or ranged) while mages generally have mana and cast times.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    This.

Casters have been dealing with this for years, and they STILL manage to rip the face off of others.

Hell, the NUMBER ONE combo in WoW for arena was Priest, Mage, rogue....let me repeat those first two... priest, mage. I guess WoW just had better players....
    Is WoW your only MMORPG experience?

Rift is very similar in this Arcade style of Battlegrounds. But if you played a better MMO, you would have noticed that casters can't even CAST spells if someone sneezes next to them (DAOC).

RIFT Guide Writer

So my backstab and rear attack abilitiy buffs should fail because he can spin his mouse fast? Same concept.

And that list you made, we do those things, but we do NOT do them better than another class.

You get plagues from completing daily quests for experts. 10 for T1 and 20 for T2... So less dungeon grinding, yay!
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Miestro View Post
    Rouges can stun lock better.
    Regenerating Energy
    More life
    Better armor
    Speed
    Buff
    Stunlock better than a warrior? no chance.

Regenerating energy, same speed as a warriors.

More armour/life than warriors?

Speed? how many cc breaks do we have? and how many CC abilites do mages/wars have with independent cooldowns.

Buff, better than an archon or paladin? no chance.

if you werent reading btw, it said 'class' not mage.

even our role as utility is being deminished.

Plane Touched

So my backstab and rear attack abilitiy buffs should fail because he can spin his mouse fast? Same concept.

And that list you made, we do those things, but we do NOT do them better than another class.

you want to be able to not have to work for positionals? when positionals usually mean more damage or better skills than others?

Its not like the Mage has to cast with you running away. No he needs to cast just to get a spell off. You have normal spells you can get off, not to mention, why you even crying Macro the backstab. If you are in position it will go off, otherwise it will cast a normal attack.

Sheesh, you want everything handed to you. There is a huge difference between runtrough exploits and having skill to do a positional. Not the same at all.

Would you like it if every melee attack had a 1 sec cast time and the mage could walk though you and you would miss?

RIFT Guide Writer

James gets it

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbiff View Post
    Stunlock better than a warrior? no chance.

Regenerating energy, same speed as a warriors.

More armour/life than warriors?

Speed? how many cc breaks do we have? and how many CC abilites do mages/wars have with independent cooldowns.

Buff, better than an archon or paladin? no chance.

if you werent reading btw, it said 'class' not mage.

even our role as utility is being deminished.

Well i was trying to stay on topic about rogue vs Mage.
    Last edited by Miestro; 03-30-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Plane Touched

Honest mistake.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 03-30-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Removed previously deleted quote

Plane Touched

you want to be able to not have to work for positionals? when positionals usually mean more damage or better skills than others?
    What a very CAREFUL sentence.

USUALLY more damage.... well, is the situation USUAL here, Mr. Word-Game-Man?

Giving rogues high backstab damage would break PvE, as you should know.

Rogue backstab damage is still below that of burst Saboteur!

Nothing compared to warrior!

So NO, Rogue backstab damage is NOT superior damage! There is a solution to this, but I imagine they can think of it for themselves or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast