+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Patch notes for 1.1 : 3/30/2011 Looks reasonable for SABOS again.

Rift Disciple

Default Latest Patch notes for 1.1 : 3/30/2011 Looks reasonable for SABOS again.

Hello Fellow Rifties,

Took a quick glimse at the latest patch notes for 1.1 and it looks like SABO got a lot of their Charge Booster back and an extra 15% per level above 21. Someone correct me if I am not seeing this right.

Thanks in advance and thanks Trion!

G

Champion

No it isn't reasonable because it's taking weapon damage and you are now forced to give up a ****ton of points for lackluster gain.

I may try a 51 point sab some time for utility though but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueneveve View Post
    Hello Fellow Rifties,

Took a quick glimse at the latest patch notes for 1.1 and it looks like SABO got a lot of their Charge Booster back and an extra 15% per level above 21. Someone correct me if I am not seeing this right.

Thanks in advance and thanks Trion!

G
    where can I see these patch notes.

Give us a link

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post

Give us a link
    download the patch and read it from the launcher ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post

Give us a link

Sure thing sorry about that.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDT-4-00pm-GMT

G

Plane Touched

Check post above me
    Last edited by Planbee; 03-30-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Soulwalker

These are the saboteur changes (copied from the launcher)

SABOTEUR
    * Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Saboteur will receive a free soul point respec.
    * Shrapnel Charge: Fixed a bug where Shrapnel Charge would not fire if the main target was killed by the initial Detonate damage.
    * Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    * Improved Blast Charge: Fixed a bug where the armor penetration provided was higher than 25-50%.
    * Charge Booster: Redesigned. Using Detonate with 5 combo points will fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. This damage is increased by 15% for each point in Saboteur over 21.
    * The outcome and damage of each charge is now calculated individually. When you detonate 5 Blast Charges, you will see 5 damage numbers, each with its own chance to critically hit, rather than one large number.
    * When a Trap or Land Mine is triggered, the player who placed the trap or mine will not have their Stealth broken.
    * Undetonated Spike Charge and Blast Charge will not cause stealth to break when the charges expire.

Champion

If they made it apply to bombs as well then it might actually be worth something, while at the same time buffing bombs up that are right now horrible. Sadly they did not think of this and now Sabs have been effectively nerfed to the ground.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    No it isn't reasonable because it's taking weapon damage and you are now forced to give up a ****ton of points for lackluster gain.

I may try a 51 point sab some time for utility though but that's about it.
    Hello,

Could you educate me what you mean. Are you saying weapon damage is easier to mitigate? Just trying to understand.

Thanks in advance,

G

already tested it, with 26 pts in tree (5 over the 21pt limit) charge booster does 112 dmg average. with 51 points in tree it does 320 average.. not worth it, considering you lose the 20% crit dmg from assassin which by itself makes 51pt sabo less dps no matter how you look at it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Well for our PvE dps rotation we used a set of 5 separate charges that worked as if they were stacked to 5 with our previous charge booster and now that is ****ed. i agree that the blast charge pvp needed a nerf but they completely ruined our pve rotation and ruined the only viable rogue ranged dps spec. GG blizzard..

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gueneveve View Post

Hello,

Could you educate me what you mean. Are you saying weapon damage is easier to mitigate? Just trying to understand.

Thanks in advance,

G
    No this is what happens.

You get charge booster, then the charges add up 50% of your weapon damage. This will give me like +15 more damage to each charge. Then you keep adding up 15% more until finally you get like 150 to all charges. This is pretty low in comparison to how it used to work, and while we may still be viable for PvP reasons PvE our damage is lackluster and we are now forced to spend points into Sab tree for an extra damage boost to our CHARGES and not our bombs.

When you look at all the things you give up for 51 points in Sab you realize you lose far far far more damage then you could have gained from other specs.

A great way to help make us viable for PvE again is make it somehow effect bombs and traps. Rename it Saboteur Expertise or something. This will also not make us OP in PvP because it's hard to use our bombs and traps in it. It will simply make us more of an "Everything Class." We'll have Ok single target damage, OK AoE damage, OK Utility. This would help the rogues so much more.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    already tested it, with 26 pts in tree (5 over the 21pt limit) charge booster does 112 dmg average. with 51 points in tree it does 320 average.. not worth it, considering you lose the 20% crit dmg from assassin which by itself makes 51pt sabo less dps no matter how you look at it.
    tyvm for this

Telaran

He doesn't know what he means. He is just complaining because that is all some people can do.

44 points in Sab will give you +345% weapon damage on your 5-point detonates...and he's crying.

Soulwalker

Pretty much took an already ****ty class ( rogue ) and made us not be viable as any dps builds. Our main pvp nuke is gone and now all we have left is our mediocre tanking build. GG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast