+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motif of regen move

Plane Touched

Default Motif of regen move

Great, so after tanking with my rogue for two weeks and just having the biggest PITA time staying alive, I decided to reach in to bard to get Motif of Regen to give me the ability to regen LIKE OTHER TANKS CAN. 1.1 is moving it so far up the tree, it's no longer possible to get it without sacrificing tanking.

Is this the reason they did it? So that rogues can't regen health like other tanks?

I don't complain much about my rogue, I hate the 30 second stealth, but that was about it. Now they do this...I am just hanging it up. And for anyone that says healing a rogue is easier, BS. My cleric has an endless array of absorb shields and heals it's nuts. I can LITERALLY have an absorb shield up 90% of the time and heal in between. The horribly short rotation of the cleric allows me to heal almost constantly too.

What's even funnier, there is a youtube interview with one of the devs and he admits to having trouble healing a rogue tank. He says "Uhhh, well, we got him some gear and now he's easier to tank" but he moved on very quickly.
    Last edited by Troponin; 03-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure if i'm following. Motif of regen is like 120 a tick, which will virtually do nothing for your tanking, and you should not do motifs while tanking anyway.

Other tanks dont get any similar regen either for the record.

Rogue tanks are still very viable, and fun.

And you can get permastealth with 21 points in assassin.
    Aginor <Faith> - 50 Cleric

Plane Touched

Im glad they moved it up.

I don't want a bard class that only requires 15 points to get all the useful things.

Its called balance.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Krilox View Post
    I'm not sure if i'm following. Motif of regen is like 120 a tick, which will virtually do nothing for your tanking, and you should not do motifs while tanking anyway.

Other tanks dont get any similar regen either for the record.

Rogue tanks are still very viable, and fun.

And you can get permastealth with 21 points in assassin.
    Soooo, go cookie cutter, be unoriginal and continue to die? Got it. Go go go!

BTW, viable doesn't mean it's a good class, it just means, it has the very minimum required to pull it off. Warrior and Clerics are GOOD tanking classes, RS is JUST viable.

Going back to the better tank class...
    Last edited by Troponin; 03-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    Soooo, go cookie cutter, be unoriginal and continue to die? Got it. Go go go!

BTW, viable doesn't mean it's a good class, it just means, it has the very minimum required to pull it off. Warrior and Clerics are GOOD tanking classes, RS is JUST viable.

Going back to the better tank class...
    No, be stupid and match a bard with a riftstalker so you can twist motifs and die. Get it? gogogo.

Btw, i said very viable to be careful not to go to your extremes, RS is a good tanking class still.

Least you learned that assassins do actually get a permastealth, thats something, eh?

Soulwalker

It was excellent for my riftstalker/***/bard solo build, where I could killl the elites in Stillmoor for the daily, with ease... now I just have to figure out something else I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shantri View Post
    It was excellent for my riftstalker/***/bard solo build, where I could killl the elites in Stillmoor for the daily, with ease... now I just have to figure out something else I guess :P
    Bard/Sab/Whatever

Mez --> 5 charges -->BOOM Repeat.
    You don't need point in sab even.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Motiff of Regeneration isn't supposed to be a crutch you can rely on for healing, its just supposed to be something to help. Really don't see what you're complaining about. Tanks shouldn't spec bard anyway just for 1 singular motiff with not great results.
    Noth <Time>

Champion

No, be stupid and match a bard with a riftstalker so you can twist motifs and die. Get it? gogogo.

Btw, i said very viable to be careful not to go to your extremes, RS is a good tanking class still.

Least you learned that assassins do actually get a permastealth, thats something, eh?
    I tank just fine and my healers usually tell me I'm easier to hell then an equally geared warrior/cleric tank.

But I guess I'm just horrible.

Rift Disciple

I thought bard was one of the cookie cutter souls to pair with riftstalker?

10% health and 3% less chance to be hit sounds great to me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    I tank just fine and my healers usually tell me I'm easier to hell then an equally geared warrior/cleric tank.

But I guess I'm just horrible.
    Why are you quoting me though? I'm saying riftstalkers are good tanks, without sarcasm.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post

3% chance less to be CRIT

Which is utterly pointless when you're in toughness gear and things either crit you for how much they auto attack or sometimes do even less damage for whatever reason.

Why are you quoting me though? I'm saying riftstalkers are good tanks, without sarcasm.
    My bad I quoted the wrong guy when scrolling up and now it's not letting me edit my post.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post

It's preference. They are just finding bad arguments to slam me for taking bard. I took bard originally for those exact reason, but saw that motif of regen was right within my reach.

My argument here is this. Other classes have health regen abilities, RS do not. I take a tremendous amount more damage on my equally geared RS than I do my cleric. It's mostly because I can heal, use absorb shields and block. I am sure you will say "but RS dodges instead of blocking". I can counter that with two things. My cleric's parry is insanely high, and, blocking allows less spikey damage.

There was another class (Think bear tank) that had this exact problem. One moment they aren't taking much damage, then suddenly a rush of damage comes in. It was smoothed out, but, it was smoothed out by implementing an absorb shield every time they crit, acting like a block.
    Last edited by Troponin; 03-30-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Champion

It's preference. They are just finding bad arguments to slam me for taking bard. I took bard originally for those exact reason, but saw that motif of regen was right within my reach.

My argument here is this. Other classes have health regen abilities, RS do not. I take a tremendous amount more damage on my equally geared RS than I do my cleric. It's mostly because I can heal, use absorb shields and block. I am sure you will say "but RS dodges instead of blocking". I can counter that with two things. My cleric's parry is insanely high, and, blocking allows less spikey damage.
    No I'll counter it with this.

RS get a block it's called Rift Guard. It gives you up to like 35% damage mitigation. If you don't use this skill, you are squishy as **** but after you use it you are in fact the easiest tank to heal in the game.

Also, you can heal yourself, once again it's just harder to do with RS tanks (I.E. Look up Rift Scavenger). When I see you constantly saying that not taking bard is a "cookie cutter" build it makes me laugh by the way. Rogue tanks taking bard IS a cookie cutter build. Of course you wouldn't understand this because you have no idea how to tank with a rogue.

and I tank T2s right now so just cause you can't tank doesn't mean I can't.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Rift Disciple

Warriors do not have health regen abilities, except from healing on block and whatever. I'd never rely tanking based on evasion, that's why we have pure mitigation % abilities.

And noones slamming you, just pointing out that twisting motifs while tanking might not be beneficial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast