+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to reroll...

Rift Disciple

Default Time to reroll...

Those of us with parsers know how horrible melee rogue DPS is. As a rogue we had two viable souls that put out DPS or served as a half way decent support class, Sab and Bard. Here is what we know, MM and Ranger don't do enough DPS, I'm lucky if I can get my parser to tell me I'm over 600 DPS as a ranged spec OTHER than Sabo. Assassin and all of the other melee rogue classes are a joke. Out of stealth the DPS is decent, not great, but decent. However, once your bleeds wear off, the DPS tanks to about 500-550, and from there you are lucky if you can plateau around those numbers.

So lets look at PVP. Can we put up a good fight against Warriors? No. Can we put up a good fight against any sort of healer? No. We USED to be able to catch a sloppy mage every now and again in PVP and burn it down real quick, all you had to do is keep out of his LOS. However, with 1.1, melee rogues are even more screwed now, now that LOS does not matter AFTER the spell has been cast. Oh! And they do more damage now too... Great.

Trion, simply put. fix this. I agree with your changes to the Sabo spec, fine, sure. I'll play your evil games. But on a scale of 1 to a water logged Japan, these changes are the nuclear meltdown icing on our earthquake ravaged cake.

Soulwalker

I can agree with this...

ive been getting used to how our damage output is not so good... but not being able to LoS after the spellcast is.... kinda lame....

Rift Disciple

You know. I can understand if they want to make it so we can't 1 shot people in PVP, I get that. But to all together take our ONLY viable PVE spec away (Unless a group is so bad they choose to want 2 saps in a dungeon) is a load of ****ake mushrooms.

yea it's bad enough not being able to get groups for t1 even when t2 geared as a rogue unless you form it with friends/guildies.. it will only get worse after today! back to pvp i go i guess... at least in pvp i get 200 prestige for failure
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread