+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost and confused rogue at 50

Shadowlander

Default Lost and confused rogue at 50

So Iíve been lvl 50 for some time now and Iíve accepted the rogue situation, I mean the bad DPS, and I hope it will be fixed soon!

Here is my problem!... In instances I only get to play as bard or sabo :S Ö I like bard a lot but atm lower lvl ppl get to do that bit cause I have higher dps, so I go sabo and I hate it! Itís slow as hell, it takes ages to stack up all the bombs and the detonation button must be very slippery cause I spam that button like a maniac before the bombs goes off - QQ - I like speed god damn it! Thatís why I picked a rogue! Sabo is way to easy and boring, if there are multiple enemies I use AoE, if itís a boss I do armor reduction, dot and burst .. and always combined with timebomb and all the other insta cast **** and AoE DoT bomb ofc -.- Ö Iím sick of it!

Is it possible so make a ranged high dps build that would work for both PvP and PvE? Or do I have to use to different? Iím only Rank 1 so going for the Infiltrator (for 10% armor penetration) soul doesnít seem worth it atm, does it?

Also Iím currently using Bladedancer/assassin/Riftstalker for pve grind, I like it a lot but I would like to try something with really high dps and if possible a build that makes it possible for me to win in duels against my warrior, mage and cleric friends in 1v1, cause lets face it, melee rogues donít work that well in warfronts ( do they even work well in instances?)

As u can see Iím very lost atm .. I have no idea how to maximize my DPS so that I donít have to go sabo all the time

Btw I do appreciate posting rotations and macros with builds but I can figure it out if you donít so it, Iím not a total noob, I promise

Telaran

Rogue does not really fill any role. Everything we can do, someone else can do better. So of course people running instances will prefer other classes.

I had exactly the same experience as you. Its almost impossible to get into a group. Even as a fully specced bard its hard to get an invite (a chloro is a much better offhealer, and can switch to a 900 DPS mage when needed). And the +5% buffs you have a bard does nowhere near compensate for the 150 DPS you bring to the table for a 5 man group (do the math and you will see).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Entreri View Post
    Rogue does not really fill any role. Everything we can do, someone else can do better. So of course people running instances will prefer other classes.

I had exactly the same experience as you. Its almost impossible to get into a group. Even as a fully specced bard its hard to get an invite (a chloro is a much better offhealer, and can switch to a 900 DPS mage when needed). And the +5% buffs you have a bard does nowhere near compensate for the 150 DPS you bring to the table for a 5 man group (do the math and you will see).
    I so agree with you! .. I dont have any problem getting groups tho because I'm in a good guild and have made some in game friends on my way to 50 .. But as you say, atm I really dont feel like rogues have anything to do and now with all the nerfs and "balances" they did to both bard and sabo I'm totaly useless :/ .. I'm probably going to roll a mage now cause they got buffed to heaven (do trion only read the mage forum?).. More armor, more shields, more dmg WTF!!!!

+ Reply to Thread