+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SoOoOoOo... now what?

Champion

Default SoOoOoOo... now what?

So I'm kinda curious as to what other rogues are going to do in PvP now that they nerfed Sabs to the ground. I would occasionally get on my sab and have some fun bursting people in PvP (Still might because I loved the class in beta but I have a feeling it's useless now). I never really abused the armor glitch either so my way of playing a Sab has been effectively destroyed and I found it fun but oh well.

What I'm gonna do is make a bunch of utility builds like a flag runner for whitefall steppes or a tank build for battle of port scion and just **** around with those until rogues are buffed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    So I'm kinda curious as to what other rogues are going to do in PvP now that they nerfed Sabs to the ground. I would occasionally get on my sab and have some fun bursting people in PvP (Still might because I loved the class in beta but I have a feeling it's useless now). I never really abused the armor glitch either so my way of playing a Sab has been effectively destroyed and I found it fun but oh well.

What I'm gonna do is make a bunch of utility builds like a flag runner for whitefall steppes or a tank build for battle of port scion and just **** around with those until rogues are buffed up.

I'm going to keep on ****** faces with my Nightblade, as I never even got the Sab soul out of spite of how broken it was.

There are other pvp viable specs out there.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    I'm going to keep on ****** faces with my Nightblade, as I never even got the Sab soul out of spite of how broken it was.

There are other pvp viable specs out there.
    This...

qq moar sabs.

Soulwalker

Going to keep playing as sin/nb

Plane Touched

Roll warrior?

Champion

I know you aren't allowed to not enjoy a melee class in PvP at all and anyone that plays Sabs is obviously a FotM person that did it cause they thought they were OP

Yup.

Btw I'll still have a blast on my tank specs and my utility builds in PvP and contribute far more then just killing people.

I know you aren't allowed to not enjoy a melee class in PvP at all and anyone that plays Sabs is obviously a FotM person that did it cause they thought they were OP

Yup.

Btw I'll still have a blast on my tank specs and my utility builds in PvP and contribute far more then just killing people.

No i wouldn't say all sabs played them because they were broken.

but most sure did

and they are the ones making the biggest stink about the changes.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Telaran

As long as the bard/riftstalker/inf build doesn't become popular (its basically an obnoxious tanky build with tons of CC and survivability that lacks damage but maxes out on opponent annoyance) I don't care what spec becomes our go-to spec.

Shadowlander

Keep running my Riftstalker/Bard. I always get so damn close to that stupid 10 Sourcestone achievement! ;-; Stupid battle always ends when I get to 8 or 9 or so. ;-; Besides, being nearby for kills seems to be the bigger basis for favour than damage dealt anyways.

Just sit back as a tank and soak in the favour! =3

I do sometimes run the Marksman, especially when Port Scion devolves into a Bridge orgy. Always fun, the AoEs for that...

Telaran

Yup.

Not everyone is as you say. I found all the viable lvl 50 pvp specs before i even hit level 50. I was using NB/Sin and NB/rift.

I'm very competitive in PvP and I need to feel useful. So I used the sab spec and could not be defeated 1v1. Not once, not even by a tank. I asked for a nerf however I also asked for a buff to the other souls which is why I'm unhappy.

Even though I used the sab spec, I'm not a "FOTM" person. Unless by FOTM person, you mean a person who actually cares about winning in PvP and will use whatever it takes to do so, then yeah i guess. Keep an open mind for these types of people

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Not everyone is as you say. I found all the viable lvl 50 pvp specs before i even hit level 50. I was using NB/Sin and NB/rift.

I'm very competitive in PvP and I need to feel useful. So I used the sab spec and could not be defeated 1v1. Not once, not even by a tank. I asked for a nerf however I also asked for a buff to the other souls which is why I'm unhappy.

Even though I used the sab spec, I'm not a "FOTM" person. Unless by FOTM person, you mean a person who actually cares about winning in PvP and will use whatever it takes to do so, then yeah i guess. Keep an open mind for these types of people
    Well it was sarcasm because I knew some guys were coming to come here and go "LolAnotherQQsab." but really I enjoy my strange builds more for PvP, I'd switch to sab if we needed more DPS but yeah. I also do not enjoy Melee builds that much really unless they are a tank build.

Btw I grouped with you once I'm that rogue tank you probably to want to kill now, Siehydra.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Telaran

I am going to play a saboteur after patch 1.1 goes live. Never played one.. Seems like fun

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kortak View Post
    I am going to play a saboteur after patch 1.1 goes live. Never played one.. Seems like fun
    They should still be fine in PvP. In PvE i'm not so sure, but maybe someone will find a rotation/build that will make them not seem as worthless as it looks.

Telaran

That said, can anyone suggest a soul combination that has a chance of defeating a pyromancer in a 1on1 situation?

Thing is, lots of mages are gonna go pyromancer now since its becomming even stronger, so I want to dedicate myself to ruin their day

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
    That said, can anyone suggest a soul combination that has a chance of defeating a pyromancer in a 1on1 situation?

Thing is, lots of mages are gonna go pyromancer now since its becomming even stronger, so I want to dedicate myself to ruin their day
    I would think the NB/Sin build but I've never used it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast