+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What you gonna do for range spec after patch with sab out?

Rift Disciple

Default What you gonna do for range spec after patch with sab out?

Lets here some thoughts on what we going to do with ranged specs MM maybe? i had a build pulling 680-700 with t2 gears bow... Not sure though like to hear some thought i know nightblade is good...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    Lets here some thoughts on what we going to do with ranged specs MM maybe? i had a build pulling 680-700 with t2 gears bow... Not sure though like to hear some thought i know nightblade is good...
    What MM build was pulling anything over 550? I'd love to see a parse of anything getting CLOSE to 700 heavy in MM.

Telaran

ummmm still sab imo.. they reduced the nerf didnt they so its just a range thing?? also ive tested so many range specs in t1/t2 gear and they are all trash, even after nerf sab will either be on par or still above the other range specs and w the simple rotation, it will make best dps on expert bosses with the ease of keeping the rotation going.

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    they reduced the nerf didnt they so its just a range thing??
    Charge Booster is still being changed, which will result in lower damage. That said, Sab still seems to compete with other ranged Rogue souls for the best of what a ranged Rogue can offer from what I've read.
    Srilan <Memento Mori> - 50 Bahmi Mage - US-Shadefallen
    Ziva <Memento Mori> - 50 Eth Rogue - US-Shadefallen

Shadowlander

Yes I have noticed the same things. Even with the sab nerf it seems better then all of the other ones. I am up in the air if I am going to continue with Lexie's build which rocks or what.

Rift Disciple

Hi it was
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hxoV0AudR.V0xz
    many cd's use hellfire blade + leathal swift shots rapid fire every min
    with cd empowred shots + deadeyes
    then other finsher is hasted when rapid is up
    my buddy had the meter said was 670-760 im hit capped too on boss dummy
    but im lookin for something better or ill just keep this...

Rift Disciple

which is lexis build for sab?

Telaran

ahh i heard charge booster was staying passive. guess i was wrong and that still really sucks.. sab will still be the best option for experts and w the reduction to dps while other dps classes are getting buffs is really going to make things hard on us.. and now that end game groups are chosing to have a chloro 2ndary healing instead of a bard, we dont bring anything to the table. we can always tank, but imo rogue tanking needs a complete overhaul, i understand the rotation but it leaves us so exposed early, guarded steel needs to be a perma buff or something, trying to tank certain t2 fights is near impossible imo.. for example the last boss in t2DD (dragon) when he lifts, you run out/dodge the floor traps. by the time your running back in to aggro boss again, not only have you taken dmg and whole party is hurting to recover, but also your absolutly required buffs are falling, if not already fallen.. things like this make it so very hard.

Rift Disciple

Btw i tested many ranger builds too there all poop 500 dps 600 dps single target self buffed btw..

Telaran

Hi it was
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...hxoV0AudR.V0xz
    many cd's use hellfire blade + leathal swift shots rapid fire every min
    with cd empowred shots + deadeyes
    then other finsher is hasted when rapid is up
    my buddy had the meter said was 670-760 im hit capped too on boss dummy
    but im lookin for something better or ill just keep this...
    easy said on a dummy but w/ all the expert bosses requiring such mobility, that build will fall off the charts.

Rift Disciple

tony our rogue tank dd just fine duel ur healer before get all buffs up gg use vent to conidate cds properly..=p

Quote Originally Posted by tony32p View Post
    ahh i heard charge booster was staying passive. guess i was wrong and that still really sucks.. sab will still be the best option for experts and w the reduction to dps while other dps classes are getting buffs is really going to make things hard on us.. and now that end game groups are chosing to have a chloro 2ndary healing instead of a bard, we dont bring anything to the table. we can always tank, but imo rogue tanking needs a complete overhaul, i understand the rotation but it leaves us so exposed early, guarded steel needs to be a perma buff or something, trying to tank certain t2 fights is near impossible imo.. for example the last boss in t2DD (dragon) when he lifts, you run out/dodge the floor traps. by the time your running back in to aggro boss again, not only have you taken dmg and whole party is hurting to recover, but also your absolutly required buffs are falling, if not already fallen.. things like this make it so very hard.
    it's passive but only adds about 100 dmg per detonate which doesnt add up much at all, less than white attacks if you melee... ill probably rock a 21sin/27sab/18nb build come patch.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Tony says u lose much mobility well when i test i move sir =) i dont test like most people stand in one spot but oh well we tested in xpert it ... guess im just better then you.. much love sir

Champion

tony our rogue tank dd just fine duel ur healer before get all buffs up gg use vent to conidate cds properly..=p
    Better yet use ranged spells, get Rift guard up before you start even getting hit (Possibly running backwards with a planeshift if you have to), rest of the boss fight is easy cake cause RSes have the highest damage mitagation in the game and the highest single target Agro.

Always spam ranged attacks as well when you're out of range for melee, Rift Guard can be applied at about 20-30 meters (never read it just know it's almost the same range as quick shot)

Edit: I know there are other buffs I just make sure first and foremost Rift guard is up because that's 35% mitagation right there.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 03-30-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Telaran

admit my tank gear is not fully what it should be. but its much easier on a equally geared war tank imo(every encounter). i dont see any situation where the rogue tank really shines. It seems like there should be some hights to a rogue tank but whem im tanking as a war every single thing i do is not only easier for myself, but easier on the healer. I hear of a few rogue tanks doing t2's and doing great, I love the news, I may need some practise is all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast