+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Trion Got It Backwards

Rift Disciple

Default Maybe Trion Got It Backwards

Let me preface this by saying I play a Warrior main (riftblade/reaver pre-1.1, RB/pally post) but I have been reading up on rogues because I plan to level one up as well. I do agree that the majority of rogue classes need a dps change. What i think Trion got backwards is which rogues to give what type of dps. To me, logically Rogues that are going to be in melee combat to DPS: assassins, nightblades, and bladedancers should be the classes with the immense front loaded burst damage that the Sab has now (its still pre 1.1). To me, it seems like they should have some sort of CC opener that doesn't unstealth them and then their stealth breakers should be a debuff such as 50% less healing taken, reduced movement speed, or run away and you take damage (i played a WE for a bit in WH) Then burst dps, some kid of X% damage increase buff for 10 or 20 seconds once they pop out of stealth. They SHOULD be able to kill the normal mage, rogue, and even clerics and crappy tanks. By front loading their damage, it allows them to kill their target efficiently, and if they don't, their low defenses causes them to get destroying if you survive their initial attack much like champs now.

Classes like rangers, marksmen, and Sabs should be more sustain and bleed dps. Hit them from afar, kite them around, maybe one has great physical AOE damage, give them good CC. etc.

Then you have rift stalkers who are the rogue tank with great avoidance talents and the bards which are your support buffing class.

It just seems to me that Trion switched how the rdps and mdps should act. I am pulling for rogues in 1.2 because right now, they are entirely too squishy for the damage they put out. Sure, open world 1v1 with the right spec and in the right circumstances, they are beastly, but i wont kid you, those pink energy bars are always my first target in warfront because I can roll through them so easily.

Hopefully, Trion will see that rogues are lagging behind the other dps classes and that mages deserve the overnerf that the warriors have been beaten down with thus far

Good luck!!!

Rift Disciple

This post has 100% all new content never seen before.

/joking aside...

They'll fix rogues soon enough, we need a large pve dps bump. In pvp we're fine

Ranged rogues still need help both pvp and pve !

Melee and ranged rogues need a buff. The game advertises itself as catering to various playstyles, but many souls are still rather clunky. After playing ranger type classes in other games, I intend to stick with my current character - but it is admittedly tempting to reroll when I see every other class dishing out insane damage and sometimes healing in addition.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post

/joking aside...

What soul is "fine" in PVP?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post

/joking aside...

I actually laughed at that last part.

Do you PvP?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSpicyWiener View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I play a Warrior main (riftblade/reaver pre-1.1, RB/pally post) but I have been reading up on rogues because I plan to level one up as well. I do agree that the majority of rogue classes need a dps change. What i think Trion got backwards is which rogues to give what type of dps. To me, logically Rogues that are going to be in melee combat to DPS: assassins, nightblades, and bladedancers should be the classes with the immense front loaded burst damage that the Sab has now (its still pre 1.1). To me, it seems like they should have some sort of CC opener that doesn't unstealth them and then their stealth breakers should be a debuff such as 50% less healing taken, reduced movement speed, or run away and you take damage (i played a WE for a bit in WH) Then burst dps, some kid of X% damage increase buff for 10 or 20 seconds once they pop out of stealth. They SHOULD be able to kill the normal mage, rogue, and even clerics and crappy tanks. By front loading their damage, it allows them to kill their target efficiently, and if they don't, their low defenses causes them to get destroying if you survive their initial attack much like champs now.

Classes like rangers, marksmen, and Sabs should be more sustain and bleed dps. Hit them from afar, kite them around, maybe one has great physical AOE damage, give them good CC. etc.

Then you have rift stalkers who are the rogue tank with great avoidance talents and the bards which are your support buffing class.

It just seems to me that Trion switched how the rdps and mdps should act. I am pulling for rogues in 1.2 because right now, they are entirely too squishy for the damage they put out. Sure, open world 1v1 with the right spec and in the right circumstances, they are beastly, but i wont kid you, those pink energy bars are always my first target in warfront because I can roll through them so easily.

Hopefully, Trion will see that rogues are lagging behind the other dps classes and that mages deserve the overnerf that the warriors have been beaten down with thus far

Good luck!!!

Sabs are not front loaded dmg at all. It is back loaded. 5 abilities to get job done all at once is back loaded. Front loaded is warrior with 3AP charge->Perfect Timing.->TS-100000 reactive firing at same time. That is front loaded. And other RDPS souls for rog suck really bad.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
    What soul is "fine" in PVP?
    Rog Sins. IF play Codex stealth in middle near statue you will get more Favor than anyone else because at all points if someone dies you are within range of getting the "kill" count.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I actually laughed at that last part.

Do you PvP?
    No he probably not, most rogue souls have to outplay the other guy in order to do good.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

lud
    Champion

In scion if you fight near the action you get destealthed too easily.
    If you fight away from the action you get way less favor.
    I don't think aoe that does 50 dmg and aoe that target jumps should touch the rogue.

The problem with Rogue TBH is two things.

1. Crappy burst damage.... <-------------------------------------
    2. Stealth being underpowered in WF due to the wide availability of AOE's, And the ability to 'Fork' Spells.

Soulwalker

I think the same thing happens in every single thread:

Half the people talk about how the classes are fine, they're level 22 out questing and having a grand ole time. They don't see any reason to fix rogues because they can kill their quest targets with ease. The other half of the people are discussing class imbalance at level 50, where the classes should be better balanced and the differences between classes can really present themselves.

It's a guaranteed facepalm reading these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchero View Post
    I think the same thing happens in every single thread:

Half the people talk about how the classes are fine, they're level 22 out questing and having a grand ole time. They don't see any reason to fix rogues because they can kill their quest targets with ease. The other half of the people are discussing class imbalance at level 50, where the classes should be better balanced and the differences between classes can really present themselves.

It's a guaranteed facepalm reading these threads.
    I just love how people post videos about 1v1 in warfronts, or ganking pvers and questers in Stillmorr, then other clueless people come saying "Zomg!11one nice job, rogue is fine!!".
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-30-2011 at 07:09 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

lol we are fine in pvp because there are so many of us and the best class for a rogue to kill is another rogue. yea i still win in killing blows in warfronts as a rogue, but 99% of my targets are rogues that are terribad and need a buff, i just do it better than them is all lol. and when im up against good rogues like fyrieious (sp?) i get 2 shotted cause im so squishy lol, i can kill some champs, but good ones simply spam path of the wind and never get in melee range of me. path of the wind will kill me in 4-5 casts (thank you trion for 4second cooldown, i love you so much!)

but against mages clerics and good warriors? we are NOT fine. it's a team game though so i still generally do ok... but ok is really not good enough.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Actually I play more pvp then anything else in this game and I'm lvl 50. I can kill any class solo with the right build and all my cool down up. Little hint - gear, build and timing mean a lot in pvp. Knowing what you're job in pvp matters. Having a healer can mean the difference of being effective or being dead.

Mm/nb can spam aoe heal debuff from range. Yes that's good in pvp.

Nb/rs or nb/inf have a lot of tricks to stay alive and harass the front lines.

Sounds like a few of you need to play some FPS games then come back and try again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast