+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric to rogue alt...looking for advice

Soulwalker

Default Cleric to rogue alt...looking for advice

Hello everyone.

First let me apologize if some of this has been said/asked before. I have been scouring the pages looking for some information and have come up with snippets here and there but am having difficulty trying to put it all together.

My situation: I am a cleric looking to level up a rogue alt. In my quest to sift through all the information(and grumblings) I have gleamed a few reasonable but seemingly incomplete posts on leveling suggestions. Before I get flamed etc. I understand that one can pretty much spec into anything the want for the purposes of leveling and have some success. I personally have experimented with some builds with my baby rogue (only level 18) but am looking for a bit more direction. Currently I am running a bard/assassin/ranger build which is fantastic in a group/rift setting but painful to solo with.

If anyone would have any links, build ideas etc... to offer on effective solo, PVE leveling that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Rift Disciple

It's good to look at this like a pre-30 build and a post-30 build for solo leveling. Anything ranger early on is going to work for you. NB adds a lot of damage, so does assassin but i don't think you can go wrong. After lvl 30 start looking into 13 points Riftstalker for attack power, more HP's and rift scavenger. Put the rest into bladedancer and you'll be plowing through 4-5 higher level mobs at once with no downtime.

I think there's a blade dancer guide somewhere with all the reactive abilities in one macro.

PS - don't listen to the haters, the rogue class is very fun to play.

Ranger/bard can take you to 30 very easy, put 12 into bard and dump the rest in ranger, hit things with a bow, heal the pet with pet heal and cadence when necessary. Post 30 other builds are more effective. You can try 13RS/xx/xx for rift scavenging to heal you when mobs die.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks

Thank you so much for the quick and positive replies.

I will definitely give the ranger/x/x build pre 30 a try. I do have one question regarding the ranger soul though.
    I suppose the answer revolves around play style but looking at the soul I wonder which setup would be "the best" for lack of a better term.

1)Put points into beefing up the razorbeast and make that the focus of the build?
    2)Put points into improving ranged skills?
    3)A mix of both?

From my bard/assassin/ranger(0 points) build the hog does fine on a single mob, but does take a ton of damage if we get adds. Thankfully the bard provides healing to keep him up. Do the points that improve the Razorbeast make it outweigh the killing(dps) speed or would I be better focusing on downing mobs faster and risk losing the pet in a bad pull? I am not looking at taking on 7-8 (though it is a blast on my cleric ) just worried about 1 or 2 adds.

turn back while u still can

I Find it BD/Riftstalker/Bard to be very good after 35 for solo .

Telaran

Reroll before you have invested to much time. Currently rogues are the by far worst DPSers of all callings, and the buffs a bard bring does not compensate for the lack of about 750 in DPS (900 - 150).

If you like typing:
    "/5 LFG rogue DPS"
    100 times every night, then rogue is the class for you. Else just stay with cleric, they seem to be a very well rounded class.

+ Reply to Thread