+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oppenents laughing at me in PVP as Assassin

Plane Walker

Default Oppenents laughing at me in PVP as Assassin

I was trying to kill some guy in Port Scion, I guess it was a Cleric, and my attacks were getting mitigated to almost nothing. He starts laughing at me and is like, "You know I can heal, right?" He also said some of my attacks were getting mitigated down to negative damage, meaning they were hitting for zero. ZERO.

I felt good later because I was able to 1v1 a mage with some chloro points. Feeling good about killing a single mage, that's the best I can do as an assassin.

So, anyone else have a similar experience as a melee rogue in PVP?

I know my gear isn't that great, I'm still using mostly quest gear and my weapons are the 3 blues you can get at 50 for straight-up favor, but really, zero damage. It's some kind of joke.

Telaran

Without really good pvp gear, you will have a hardtime killing anything other than other rogues. If your opponent is a mage or warrior with similar gear you will be brutally slaughtered/burned alive. A healer cleric will outheal you for 5 mins before going oom, and a dps cleric will heal just enough to pwn you aswell. We just have to wait for some love from trion. I really hope 1.2 is comming soon, adressing the main issues with rogues.
    Kailyn - Rogue
    Riftstalker - Bladedancer - Infiltrator/Assassin
    Marksman - Assassin - Nightblade
    PvP: Marksman - Assassin - Infiltrator

Member of <Precision> on Imperium EU
    http://precision-guild.net/

I'll start by saying, you can kill all classes, but you have to have a bit of luck, a bit of guile and you pretty much need to be a much better player than the target player in general. Sure you can beat a good player, but in that case, you need a lot of luck and a lot of guile.

It's this:

(Luck + Guile) / Target's Ability = Chance to win

...and I do say 'chance to win', even with a lot of luck/guile you may still lose if the target player has min/maxed luck and guile as well.

In essence:

Stop trying to kill clerics. They will laugh at you.

Rift n. r-ift (pl. rifts) A 'rift' is what opens up between you and your wife when the game is live.

PC Black :: CPU Yes :: GPU Two thingies :: SOUND Pretty good :: OVERCLOCK A nice mirror :: WINDOWS 14, all double glazed

Shadowlander

I'm beginning to think Rogues will end up being a support DPS class in raids. If we can deliver mass Melee numbers with high level of damage, while avoiding damage it might just be a new calling.

Rift Disciple

You're attacking the wrong people!

You're a rogue, the only other thing you can kill, is another rogue!

Clerics are a bad choice of target. As well as their usual survival and heals, their PvP soul gives them 15% crit chance reduction for a measly 5 points, so that pretty much ****s any chance a Sin has of killing them. It really needs to be moved higher up the Templar tree, that kind of survival for so little cost is ridiculous. It also opens up Detaunt for them, another irritating ability when you are 2v1 vs a healer.

I CCd a healer and killed his mate in Whitefall Steppes earlier. They were in our base, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't kill him.

So instead, I just kept him there so he couldn't heal his teammates, given the impact healers have in group PvP, was more than a fair trade.

Have a go as a NB, the healing debuff might help, but I haven't tried so no idea I'm afraid.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

Do you have a healing de-buff?
    Do you have anything to interrupt spell casting and or silence?
    Was he getting aoe healed by other people?
    What build are you using and what's your rotation?

I can kill healers when they are alone and a lot of the time if they are grouped. As long as they are not getting chain healed by multiple people. If you don't have any tools to kill healers you might want to change your build or follow an assist train.

If I understand some of the posts correctly, here are your solutions:

A. Change from Assassin to deep Nightblade so you have the healing debuff

B. If you face a healer taking an objective without assistance, do nothing because he is the wrong target

C. Wait for someone who can kill a healer and assist them so that it happens more quickly

Seriously though, I would like to see Rogues get a 50% healing debuff for only 17 points invested in a tree like Lingering Wounds. Isn't bleeding from Impale or Puncture by definition a lingering wound?
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post

B. If you face a healer taking an objective without assistance, do nothing because he is the wrong target

C. Wait for someone who can kill a healer and assist them so that it happens more quickly

Seriously though, I would like to see Rogues get a 50% healing debuff for only 17 points invested in a tree like Lingering Wounds. Isn't bleeding from Impale or Puncture by definition a lingering wound?
    Burst is needed to burn down healers for the most part or stopping their healing. What i really get out of this post is someone who might have poor gear chose the wrong target at the wrong time with the wrong build.

Assassins harassed me so much with their pop out of stealth stack dots on me <laugh at me> then re-stealth as i die. Now i have several abilities to deal with assassins...

That's not so say solo attacking them is a bad idea in group play, if they are healing themselves then their team isn't getting any, so tying one up can be handy, just don't expect to last very long.

Using CC on them if no one is attacking them, then assisting someone else for a kill works best I find, but then I have Rift Prison in my arsenal as well now, so it gives me an extra option.

Just would be nice if more ranged players would attack them instead of trying to kill 7-8k health tanks. If your Champion has a low IQ and insists on attacking the first thing he sees, it will likely result in your group wiping, they still take a while to kill even with a healing debuff.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Plane Touched

He just detaunted you. That's why your damage was so low.

Anyways, SIN is for world PvP. WF's in this game are like every game, very melee unfriendly.

You can go MM, have higher burst, and take less damage.

Most of the time in BGs I'm top or next to top damage/kills, while taking about 1/5th of the healing the other top DPS have.
    Last edited by daays; 03-30-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Telaran

Ya. Welcome to being a Rogue. You know that song: I can do anything? All the other classes are singing it about us.

Soulwalker

Honestly I have no problems killing a cleric 1v1 as an assasin and im specced 51 sin//15 infiltrator...i put bleeds up...stun hit hit hit...slip away...rinse and repeat..one of the poisons i do have causes spells to cast 25% longer from the infiltrator tree...plus i use vanish to interrupt their heals...again this is 1v1 and different from warfronts...For warfronts im usually a bard or i use 32 or 34 sin and 32 or 34 rifstalker...the burst damage from this spec is really ridiculous after u do any plane shift, ive dueled a couple of clerics of which are prestige atleast rank 3 or above and could not heal quick enough..only thing that sucks with us is that we die extremely fast in wf's lol...thats why i like slip away..also i think warriors are op buh i still kill them pretty easily with bleeds and if i have slip away lol...without that im screwed..they hit me 2-3 times im dead...its still pretty fun being a rogue but u should look into being a bard coz when your undergeared in wf's it helps the group alot

Bokuden

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Do you have a healing de-buff?
    Do you have anything to interrupt spell casting and or silence?
    Was he getting aoe healed by other people?
    What build are you using and what's your rotation?

I can kill healers when they are alone and a lot of the time if they are grouped. As long as they are not getting chain healed by multiple people. If you don't have any tools to kill healers you might want to change your build or follow an assist train.
    No. Not besides blinding powder. No. Using Sin/a little bladedancer/riftstalker. I could've used nightblade in the middle too and it would've had the same effect.

Your questions are irrelevant though. He was just standing there laughing at me. He didn't NEED any heals or even to heal himself. Much of my damage was being mitigated down to ZERO, and the rest of it was pathetic. His HP bar moved like 5%.

I think I hit him with all the usual assasin stuff, using shifts for the bonus damage. Basically everything I had.

The only thing I could've done differently was spec into ebon fury and had some more damage with spamming that one decent attack, I forget the name. But pretty sure I can't have that and slip away at the same time.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by daays View Post
    He just detaunted you. That's why your damage was so low.

Anyways, SIN is for world PvP. WF's in this game are like every game, very melee unfriendly.

You can go MM, have higher burst, and take less damage.

Most of the time in BGs I'm top or next to top damage/kills, while taking about 1/5th of the healing the other top DPS have.
    Well that's dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast