+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Rogues Worthless Now in PVE?

Default Are Rogues Worthless Now in PVE?

Bards are not main healers
    Rogues are not doing viable dps, we were as Sab, but now that's been taken from us.
    I've tried going assassin, nightblade, and sab... and we just don't have the viable dps
    anymore.

Being a jack of all trades is not a good thing in gaming. You need to bring something
    to the table that others cannot do better, or you become unviable.

We are not a main healer, we are simple utility with some stabilizing heals that are
    rather negligible.

Are rogues being alienated by Trion? Are we still viable for any role past 1.1?
    Last edited by Kittysafe; 03-30-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Rift Chaser

Negative..

Well, I'm convinced

Actually, I'm trying out 42 NB, 18 Assassin, 6 Ranger
    and doing close to 1k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    Well, I'm convinced

Actually, I'm trying out 42 NB, 18 Assassin, 6 Ranger
    and doing close to 1k dps.
    Enjoy your aggro and stop redirecting it to the warrior beside you on the dps meter. Sorry if I am blameing the wrong rogue spec...just so sick of rogues dumping their aggro on DPS warriors like we don't create enough on our own.

You are blaming the wrong rogue spec. You're thinking of Sab.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    Enjoy your aggro and stop redirecting it to the warrior beside you on the dps meter. Sorry if I am blameing the wrong rogue spec...just so sick of rogues dumping their aggro on DPS warriors like we don't create enough on our own.
    You should probably consider not being an *** to sabs.

It's the only reason i can think that they would cast that on a dps instead of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernia View Post
    You should probably consider not being an *** to sabs.

It's the only reason i can think that they would cast that on a dps instead of the tank.
    There is 1 more reason...every warrior they get killed is 1 spot they move closer to the top of the DPS chart and that is the only thing some of them care about.

Shadowlander

I really have to disagree with you. Now I am not saying some souls don't need a dps bump but giving bard the brush off is silly imo.

People that get obsessed DPS numbers tend to do this and seriously under sell support classes. Next raid take 5% off the top of everyone's dps and add it to the bards. That is just one of the debuffs not even counting buffs and the healing that is far from as pointless as you seem to think.

I am at work so I honestly don't want to go into a bunch of math but just remember, that dps meter you are looking at? Not all that dps is truly yours even if it says you. DPS classes need to realize how much of that comes from support.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    There is 1 more reason...every warrior they get killed is 1 spot they move closer to the top of the DPS chart and that is the only thing some of them care about.
    Don't forget your Tin foil hat.

We are very good tanks (contrary to what some people say)!

It feels like Trion are using rogues as a base line dps and are now trying to get the other callings back in line with rogues. Been so many bugs with the other souls that had to be fixed first though, as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stome View Post
    I really have to disagree with you. Now I am not saying some souls don't need a dps bump but giving bard the brush off is silly imo.

People that get obsessed DPS numbers tend to do this and seriously under sell support classes. Next raid take 5% off the top of everyone's dps and add it to the bards. That is just one of the debuffs not even counting buffs and the healing that is far from as pointless as you seem to think.

I am at work so I honestly don't want to go into a bunch of math but just remember, that dps meter you are looking at? Not all that dps is truly yours even if it says you. DPS classes need to realize how much of that comes from support.
    It's not silly at all.

Bards cannot main heal T1 or T2 dungeons.
    Our buffs are replaceable.
    Our dps is lower with better gear.

The only viable specs I'm finding are pure melee and this game hates melee.
    And I do not want to go ranger/mm so get that idea out of your head right now.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stome View Post

Finaly someone who is thinking what i am, so sick of ppl not thinking what all the bards motifs bring to the table, the fact i can throw out 10<>12 restro codas when needed, the o so sexy verse of joy pluss our anthems and fanfares and lets not forget the codas of cowardice and distress. Seriously ppl the bard "nurf" is to bring them in line so one bard cant effect an entire raid, its how it should of been in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by icetronix View Post
    Finaly someone who is thinking what i am, so sick of ppl not thinking what all the bards motifs bring to the table, the fact i can throw out 10<>12 restro codas when needed, the o so sexy verse of joy pluss our anthems and fanfares and lets not forget the codas of cowardice and distress. Seriously ppl the bard "nurf" is to bring them in line so one bard cant effect an entire raid, its how it should of been in the beginning.
    Your mistake was in thinking people don't consider what bards bring to the table... we know this, we play them every day...

Shadowlander

There is far more to it then main heal, Tank, or dps, and no not all bard buffs are replaceable. If you don't like bard that's fine its not for everyone but you are trying way to hard to push you opinion as fact when its not.

I can completely get behind not wanting to play a specific role. Just because the game lets you switch does not mean everyone should have to. But to trash a soul with nothing but baseless opinions because you don't like it does nothing to help your case. It really just makes you sound ignorant.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kittysafe View Post
    Your mistake was in thinking people don't consider what bards bring to the table... we know this, we play them every day...
    And yet you consider them useless post 1.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast