+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name one thing a rogue does in a raid that another class doesn't do better

Rift Chaser

Default Name one thing a rogue does in a raid that another class doesn't do better

After patch 1.1 goes live

I'm seriously asking here, I can't think of anything:

Buffs? - Mages have same buffs and dps more
    DPS? - Lulz
    CC? - Can't remember if anything can be cc'ed or not, but other classes can do it and they offer more dps
    Debuffs? - Mages, again
    AoE Heals - Mages/Clerics
    Tanking - Ah! Riftstalker tank on the Duke fight! Okay, I guess I just needed to talk this out to myself. That is one thing rogues do better.

A Riftstalker tank can kite the duke better than a warrior OR a cleric! With all the rift jumping they really don't need more than one slime. Of course, you need to find a rogue that has invested in tanking gear with toughness and hit on it. That should be easy though, things are balanced and rogues can get tanking gear just as easily as warriors can get dps gear.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Stand around spamming Rogue LFR?
    Nebakar 50 Guardian Rogue Sunrest
    Matael 3X Guardian Warrior Sunrest
    Matala 1X Defiant Mage Harrow

Quote Originally Posted by Matael View Post
    Now my day is made. Rogues can also jump up and down annoying everyone.

Rift Disciple

have patience to wait for the Rogue changes to come? It's not like they can do massive changes to all souls in the same patch.

Shadowlander

Default Don't give up yet

51 Bard / 7 Sabo / 8 ***
    Buffs: Bards provide 7 Buffs continuously that benefit several stats for each party member. This includes making your Damage and Heal spells bigger. If group is fine on heals I can do heavier DPS with my Sabo charges.
    DPS: Cadence Heals and does damage. For finishers we have a group heal, drect/AOE damage abilities.
    CC: With my spec I can sap several targets. I have a verse that will force several critters to follow me, works in PVP. Or I can use a verse to Mezz a player for 8 seconds. Also I can Mezz 8 players for 8 seconds.
    Debuffs: I have two debuffs that do Direct Damage and give a bonus to dame received against target for both physical and non-physical.
    AoE Heals: cadence generates damage and group heals, which in turn is increased by 2 other buffs. I also have a group heal for 500-700. In a pinch I can cast riff, virtuoso which allows me 15 cast at full finishers. So group heal for near wipes or I can burn a target down.

Did I mention in long fights i can play a Verse that rejoices party and raid members, restoring 50 Mana per second, 5 Power per second, 5 Energy per second, and 5 Charge per second. Lasts 15 seconds. Cool down 2 min
    Tanking: Warrior is best but a Riftstalker has so many abilities to move out of an area as a well adjust his fight to suit him.

I can also grab 5 enemies from around me and bring the in front of me.
    Break down, 3 heals, 5 damage, 2 debuffs, 7 active buffs, 4 CC and I think I've made my point

Well that's my two cents.

Stealth? Do I win?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Stealth? Do I win?
    I was really hoping I would get to say this.

Bard (as that is what I play):

Fully spec'd, our stat buffs are +12 better than other classes (52 versus 40). Full spec'd, our cost reduction buff is -3% better (-13% versus -10%). Our healing is mediocre, at best, and is not sufficient in a pinch (even with Virtuoso, if our target dies there goes at least 3 seconds of Virtuoso wasted). And our DPS is abysmal.

People like to tout with the new changes Raids will bring more than one Bard. I disagree. With the new changes, a second Bard will bring +12 to two stats, maybe some magic damage mitigation, abysmal DPS and worse healing than pre-1.1.

As for the other Rogue souls, someone else would be better discussing them.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    have patience to wait for the Rogue changes to come? It's not like they can do massive changes to all souls in the same patch.
    For a start yes they can, secondly they should have at least tried to to a couple of the rogue souls at least and finally they had the time to nerf us so why not a buff for other souls?

Plane Walker

SO you have done comparative and non bias analysis of the dps for all the warrior builds and all the rogues builds post patch 1.1 with at least a slightly above average skill level? For rogues only the sab spec is being affected. Mages were pitiful dps compared to sabs and warriors. Even my MM build could do slightly more DD than mages and they are gimped as hell. Learn how statistics and the real world work. This patch fixes alot of bugs with damage. Now that trion can get an actual baseline of damage the balance will happen much faster. Although one month is pretty good for a major patch and people need to realize that.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    SO you have done comparative and non bias analysis of the dps for all the warrior builds and all the rogues builds post patch 1.1 with at least a slightly above average skill level? For rogues only the sab spec is being affected. Mages were pitiful dps compared to sabs and warriors. Even my MM build could do slightly more DD than mages and they are gimped as hell. Learn how statistics and the real world work. This patch fixes alot of bugs with damage. Now that trion can get an actual baseline of damage the balance will happen much faster. Although one month is pretty good for a major patch and people need to realize that.
    what planet are you from? Do they play rift there? Mages pityfull dps??

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    You're running with some seriously gimped mages if you think their damage at 50 was not exceeding your MM. Testing on alpha has already been done, warriors are still top of the totem DPS pole, rogues are still at the very bottom.

This patch is a big ole " F U C K _ Y O U " message to the whole rogue class.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    You're running with some seriously gimped mages if you think their damage at 50 was not exceeding your MM. Testing on alpha has already been done, warriors are still top of the totem DPS pole, rogues are still at the very bottom.

This patch is a big ole " F U C K _ Y O U " message to the whole rogue class.
    they must of been bad then. But then again im just getting into T1 stuff but haven't seen these 1.2kDPS numbers in play. Maybe im in for a rude awakening. My mm by the way was putting up 401DPS. The mages were around 380 in AP on the first and final bosses. I didn't get a screen shot of the parse because its been shown its possible. There is a thread with a bunch of MM parses. Its called Proof of MM DPS.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tMG0g.x0x0V0Vh
    this is my build.

Although if they pulled back the charge booster change and the range, although that was a non issue, then i can't see the SAB DPS changing outside of them actually working properly. With classes working properly they can get the proper data needed to adjust the classes. A hand full of alpha testers parsing is not significant data. The test server is to make sure things are working properly before going live. The real data comes from the live servers.

Plane Touched

Name one thing a rogue does in a raid that another class doesn't do better.
    Complain.

Obligatory extra 10 characters

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Matael View Post
    Yea, I am getting a real pro at that. Even as a bard its hard to find a group (a 900 DPS mage or warrior is usually much better, or a 500 DPS chloro that heals 2 times the bard does while doing those 500 DPS).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast