+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Bummed About 1.1 Thread

Default The Bummed About 1.1 Thread

I'm feeling bummed. Not hovering-over-the-Cancel-button bummed, but bummed nonetheless.

Will they bring Rogues up to par? Yes. Someday. But that day is probably several months away at minimum. We're in for a long wait, in e-time.

I did my last round of PVE today on my T2-geared Sab. It felt nice seeing how much I contributed to the efficiency of our groups...something I don't expect to feel again on my Rogue for quite some time.

What really bums me out is that I feel more like a Rogue when I'm playing my Warrior now--critting up a storm, terrorizing PVP, topping DPS parses, palpably feeling my impact in a group...it's just so much more rewarding, for less effort and stress than playing a Rogue requires.

I don't have to worry about perfect skill rotations or DoT clipping or optimal use of cooldowns on my Warrior, just which macro I should push: the active or reactive ability one.

Please fix Rogues soon, Trion. I didn't want to be a Rogue in plate, but it seems I have to be if I want to have a satisfying melee DPS experience.

Meh.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post
    I'm feeling bummed. Not hovering-over-the-Cancel-button bummed, but bummed nonetheless.

Will they bring Rogues up to par? Yes. Someday. But that day is probably several months away at minimum. We're in for a long wait, in e-time.

I did my last round of PVE today on my T2-geared Sab. It felt nice seeing how much I contributed to the efficiency of our groups...something I don't expect to feel again on my Rogue for quite some time.

What really bums me out is that I feel more like a Rogue when I'm playing my Warrior now--critting up a storm, terrorizing PVP, topping DPS parses, palpably feeling my impact in a group...it's just so much more rewarding, for less effort and stress than playing a Rogue requires.

I don't have to worry about perfect skill rotations or DoT clipping or optimal use of cooldowns on my Warrior, just which macro I should push: the active or reactive ability one.

Please fix Rogues soon, Trion. I didn't want to be a Rogue in plate, but it seems I have to be if I want to have a satisfying melee DPS experience.

Meh.
    Yeah I'm worried for PvE rogues in a guild stuck on the Prince fight. With all the dps that is needed they may find themselves on the "other wait list" for some time.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

I'm bummed simply because I dont want to have to reroll and I want to be viable. The rogue calling has tanking, support, melee dps and ranged dps souls. Why should i have to reroll? I have four characters in one.

My guild is only pushing T2 content on a low-population server so perhaps the raw dps checks haven't occurred yet, but I'm paying the same $10 per month as warriors and mages; why don't I get to enjoy the character concept I've chosen to play?

I understand balance takes time and effort but balancing HALF the callings? C'mon, Trion had to have known this would go over like a lead balloon. Who wants to be told 'we know you're subpar now, but just wait awhile and we'll see what happens'?

I guess I'll stick around and play bard or just suck it up as MM (the soul concept I bought the game to play) or Sab postpatch but i fully expect there are people who have cancelled over this, that should be indicative of how important it is for players to feel that their characters are viable.
    Last edited by Gerrard Ennui; 03-30-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Rift Disciple

atm im giong to try out a warrior and only gank on my rogue untill next ballance patch.

Why you ask simple my guild told every rogue to reroll or sit on the sideline as bard and maby get a invite once a month if there lacking players. cant blame them why would they want to carry rogues true T2 and almost T3 content for free gear?

Telaran

You are a sad, sad man.

(yes, I do play a rogue)

Soulwalker

its 1.1 even for warriors...

Rift Disciple

im saving myself some time by not applying for dungeons any more.

its freed up my time to level my professions, at least we're good at something.

Plane Touched

Yeah...my guild switched sides because of getting roflstomped in PvP all the time, so I had to abandon my warlock and decided to try a new class. I chose rogue, which I really regret now because their damage in warfronts is NOT good.

Last night, after playing my rogue for a while and doing sub-par damage all night, I hopped over to the warlock to see if I just wasn't playing well or something, and after not remembering even how to play the warlock properly, I STILL did top damage in the entire warfront, without even trying.

But anyway, if you know anything about statistics and Six Sigma analysis and what not, then you know you have to have a good baseline if you want to make a measurable change. Trion clearly stated that there were unintended things in place for the really OP classes and specs, and so their first focus was to take that junk out and establish a true baseline from which they can really measure overall performance. 1.1 will allow them to do that, and if we truly do suck, it will be easy to measure. From there, they will very quickly see if there is a big difference between our damage and other classes' damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    if you know anything about statistics and Six Sigma analysis and what not, then you know you have to have a good baseline if you want to make a measurable change. Trion clearly stated that there were unintended things in place for the really OP classes and specs, and so their first focus was to take that junk out and establish a true baseline from which they can really measure overall performance. 1.1 will allow them to do that, and if we truly do suck, it will be easy to measure. From there, they will very quickly see if there is a big difference between our damage and other classes' damage.
    I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard Ennui View Post
    I hope you're right.
    They have a month in my book. And that's to do more than just balance Rogue.
    Last edited by am0nr3; 03-30-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Librarian View Post
    Yeah I'm worried for PvE rogues in a guild stuck on the Prince fight. With all the dps that is needed they may find themselves on the "other wait list" for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkeries View Post
    atm im giong to try out a warrior and only gank on my rogue untill next ballance patch.

Why you ask simple my guild told every rogue to reroll or sit on the sideline as bard and maby get a invite once a month if there lacking players. cant blame them why would they want to carry rogues true T2 and almost T3 content for free gear?
    Did I miss something? Do we know for a fact that after this update warriors and sabs are still going to be top DPS? Are warriors still faceroll and sabs are worse then MM?

How can you play with people like this. Yeah, there are always going to be fights that need as much dps as you can get, but if this is how your guild treats its players then shame on them. I never played with a guild like that before in both EQ and Vanguard. I was able to get to all the end game content no problem. Even my current guild in Rift realizes how these balance issues work and would never tell people they can't raid. At most we make sure they are equipped with the highest DPS build for there class when needed. I bet in the time spent leveling another class to 50 the patches will be on there way if/when needed. Although there seems to be an over abundance of people who don't work/school/RL so there is always an exception.

I played in an Organization Drow (Harcore) guild before and they were the biggest bunch of sheep ever. I had a job change and they told me I could no longer be in the guild because I would miss a raid day. People actually went as far to say I shouldn't of changed jobs if I cared about playing with them. F**cking losers.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post

The game has been live for 1 month and they've already adjusted both warriors and mages. They've said that rogues are next on the list. Yet somehow, in your mind, that means that rogue changes are AT LEAST several months away?

I've got an idea. How about as a community, we stop all the QQing and try to act like adults for once? If there are issues, whether they be bugs or things we think aren't good enough, or things we'd like to change, by all means post them. But post them in a mature manner, rather than the usual ranting and raving (not saying you were ranting...your post was very mature, actually). Trion is listening. Let's not bite the hand that feeds us by acting like spoiled children who need everything NOW.

Play the game, do your best and have fun. If the problems are keeping you from having fun, try something else or just stop playing/cancel until the necessary changes are made. It's a game. It shouldn't cause people so much angst. If you are getting that upset about it, walk away and do something else.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Absalon View Post
    The game has been live for 1 month and they've already adjusted both warriors and mages. They've said that rogues are next on the list. Yet somehow, in your mind, that means that rogue changes are AT LEAST several months away?

I've got an idea. How about as a community, we stop all the QQing and try to act like adults for once? If there are issues, whether they be bugs or things we think aren't good enough, or things we'd like to change, by all means post them. But post them in a mature manner, rather than the usual ranting and raving (not saying you were ranting...your post was very mature, actually). Trion is listening. Let's not bite the hand that feeds us by acting like spoiled children who need everything NOW.

Play the game, do your best and have fun. If the problems are keeping you from having fun, try something else or just stop playing/cancel until the necessary changes are made. It's a game. It shouldn't cause people so much angst. If you are getting that upset about it, walk away and do something else.
    Like in my post said, some people just seem to have no life outside of these games. Some nerds are touchy and sensitive folk. They think they know everything and present stuff like there logic is flawless. Its almost as if they create a pseudo relationship with the game and the makers. As if they think threatening to leave (dump them) will get Trion change to what they want.

Don't get me wrong, I get easily addicted to games, but RL will always trump any game addiction. Plus I am also of the mindset that if its not fun then don't play. Trion does owe me anything. I bought this game knowing full well it could be great or crap. So far its great.

+ Reply to Thread