+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The stay positive thread!

Telaran

Default The stay positive thread!

Only positive juju in this thread. There have been a bunch of posts with issues about rogues, but let's try and keep the silver lining going.

I love the fact that a good rogue tank can make Duke drastically easier, with his leet teleports making fantastic use of only one shambler patch.

Telaran

Who is Duke? Lol
    Kailyn - Rogue
    Riftstalker - Bladedancer - Infiltrator/Assassin
    Marksman - Assassin - Nightblade
    PvP: Marksman - Assassin - Infiltrator

Member of <Precision> on Imperium EU
    http://precision-guild.net/

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holmen View Post
    Who is Duke? Lol
    Duke Letareus, the first boss inside the Greenscale raid. You have to kill adds in order to drop a slowing patch, because he enrages and must be kited, and DPS has to do enough damage to remove the enrage. You either need 100% perfect kiting with one patch, or a second patch, but a riftstalker can bounce and blink and just do a great job, making things easier for the raid. Yay rogues!

Incoming nerf to Riftstalker for making something easy....can't have that, not working as intended.

Rift Disciple

would be nice to have some more ae abilities for the riftstalker, but yea... riftstalkers on most bosses is quite nice.

sorry to rain on your parade tho, but i'm not sure why there needs to be a 'stay positive' thread or anything... the game is still young.. most of the changes to classes are fixes anyway... i highly doubt that trion intended certain callings/sould combos were supposed to do 2x-3x the damage of other ones right? things are fine...
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    would be nice to have some more ae abilities for the riftstalker, but yea... riftstalkers on most bosses is quite nice.

sorry to rain on your parade tho, but i'm not sure why there needs to be a 'stay positive' thread or anything... the game is still young.. most of the changes to classes are fixes anyway... i highly doubt that trion intended certain callings/sould combos were supposed to do 2x-3x the damage of other ones right? things are fine...
    We need a stay positive thread so we see the bright sides to our class during a rough time balance-wise, and to help balance out the seas of QQ. And while I appreciate the replies, I do kindly request that people try and stay upbeat. A positive frame of mind can help things, and if you feel the need to complain, about half of the threads on the front page will do.

It's funny if I ever forget to go out of my bard spec and pull elites, such as outside CC and have to do a silly kite dance - damage, mez, run. Damage, mez, run. Damage, mez motifs, run. It's nice having a spammable CC on a support class; quite a few times during the gearing up periods keeping one add perma CC'd saved our group's bacon. I'd set it to my focus and just switch back and forth to keep it locked down.

Rift Chaser

All though I admire what you want to do, its the internet and you basically just baited the trolls with this thread...

That said I always try to maintain a positive outlook on everything (Rift and Rogues included). Rogues will get their day eventually!

EDIT: Also seems most of the people posting on here(the forums) think the game should be automagically balanced and perfect at release.
    Last edited by Noburu; 03-30-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    EDIT: Also seems most of the people posting on here(the forums) think the game should be automagically balanced and perfect at release.
    my point exactly... there is no need for a silver lining or anything... the game is just in its baby stages... its obvious trion is actively trying.

rome wasn't built in a day

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    my point exactly... there is no need for a silver lining or anything... the game is just in its baby stages... its obvious trion is actively trying.

rome wasn't built in a day
    So much naivete and ignorance when it comes to game development.

The game is not "in its baby stages." It's been in development for years and gone through 7 beta stages.

There are significant issues and apparent bugs that have persisted through beta testing despite player reports.

Yes, Trion is trying, and props to them for engaging their customer base and explaining changes, hinting at future changes, etc. But to say the game is "in its baby stages" as some excuse for long-standing issues is sheer naivete.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Plane Touched

I'm grateful that my presence in PvP can offer an outstanding ego boost and slight prestige padding to any warrior who happens to be in the vicini... wait. I'm not doing it right, am I?

I'm glad I can swing my weapons really fast and fan those enemy clerics spamhealing the aforementioned warriors, all while they effortlessly roll HoTs and completely mitigate all of my dam... ****. I suck at this.

Even though we don't have much of a niche in group PvP, I'm glad we do good DPS in dungeons and rai... eh.

**** it.
    Last edited by Maderas; 03-30-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaulter View Post
    Duke Letareus, the first boss inside the Greenscale raid. You have to kill adds in order to drop a slowing patch, because he enrages and must be kited, and DPS has to do enough damage to remove the enrage. You either need 100% perfect kiting with one patch, or a second patch, but a riftstalker can bounce and blink and just do a great job, making things easier for the raid. Yay rogues!
    Good job posting this.

Incoming nerf: All Riftstalker teleports useable only out-of-combat.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyat View Post
    Good job posting this.

Incoming nerf: All Riftstalker teleports useable only out-of-combat.
    Don't worry though, they will make sure and buff cleric dps before they nerf rogues again
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Rift Disciple

Anxious min-maxers will always be anxious min-maxers. If your game revolves around this, or you are associating heavily with anxious min-maxers then your game is going to be an anxious angst-ridden one, regardless of what your game is, and regardless of the current state of the game.

If your game is focused on it actually being a game rather than a vocation, if your real life is where your employ your driven energies, and if you are associating with people that want to have fun and a laugh then you'll have fun and a laugh.

Precious little of the hair pulling has anything to do with this game or any other game on the market. This is verifiable by checking the forums of ever single game currently available and seeing that all games have forums full of people pulling at their hair screaming about how the sky is falling in... It's to do with people trying to live through a game what they should be living out in their real lives.

I'm having great fun on my Rogue.

I loved UO... I loved EQ... I loved WoW... I loved EQ2... I loved AoC... I'm having a blast in Rift playing a Rogue.

All wonderful games, each with their own unique charm.

I have had a blast in all these games because I'm not expecting them to offer anything in my life other than an enjoyable distrction with other like minded individuals.

There's a story of two puppies and a room... short version... one puppy goes into the room and comes out saying "Don't go in there, its full of other dogs snarling and growling". The other puppy goes in and comes out saying "What do you mean, it was full of puppies all wagging their tails."... Both puppies had gone into a room full of mirrors.

The moral is, all things being equal, happy people are happy, and miserable people are miserable, and the game has precious little to do with either... Find happy people, avoid miserable people. You'll have more fun.
    Last edited by Carnagh; 03-30-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post
    So much naivete and ignorance when it comes to game development.

The game is not "in its baby stages." It's been in development for years and gone through 7 beta stages.

There are significant issues and apparent bugs that have persisted through beta testing despite player reports.

Yes, Trion is trying, and props to them for engaging their customer base and explaining changes, hinting at future changes, etc. But to say the game is "in its baby stages" as some excuse for long-standing issues is sheer naivete.
    oh sorry, i was unaware that they had hundreds of thousands of beta testers for those 7 stages.

(probably because they didnt)

a game with this many players doesn't launch 'mature' it evolves over time once its launched.. i guess this is your first mmo, its cool.

welcome to the world of mmos! hope you enjoy them.

+ Reply to Thread