Closed Thread

Thread: Yo dawg,

Default Yo dawg,

I heard you like playing a class that takes virtually no thought or effort, so I rolled you a Bard. Now you can spam cadence while you spam cadence.

Public Service Announcement:
    As an assassin, and I'm a bit OP (I think I am... am I? I don't know). But I have some sort of basic PvP rotation. It isn't just "Whoops, there's a(n) [insert any calling] attacking me, better hit cadence a few times!" I'm really hoping Trion has some balancing acts in the works for our leather-wearing healer pals, and I don't know where to find out more. Anyone know if/when patch notes will be viewable? I would roll a bard -- or sab, for that matter -- in the future, because they sound like really nice soul ideas, but I don't want to roll something if it's ridiculously overpowered because I don't stand to gain any skill by doing that.

Shadowlander

did u fail at killing a bard today?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre82 View Post
    did u fail at killing a bard today?
    Seems like it. I wonder if he's seen clerics yet...

I'm not angry that healers can heal. I'm irritated by how simple it is for some of them. Output should be based on difficulty. If all you need to do as a healer is smash one button, such healing should be less efficient as a result.
    Last edited by Lerp; 03-30-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerp View Post
    I'm not angry that healers can heal. I'm irritated by how simple it is for some of them. Output should be based on difficulty. If all you need to do as a healer is smash one button, such healing should be less efficient as a result.
    Tell that to Blizzard's resto druids

"The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It's one of the never-ending cycles in life." - Hatake Kakashi

urmmm.....most healers have one main heal that gets used the most.....Sentinels have Healing Invocation, Purifyers with Restorative Flame.....I'm sorry I cant see your point. If one heal is more effective in a situation, thats what gets used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerp View Post
    I heard you like playing a class that takes virtually no thought or effort, so I rolled you a Bard. Now you can spam cadence while you spam cadence.

Public Service Announcement:
    As an assassin, and I'm a bit OP (I think I am... am I? I don't know). But I have some sort of basic PvP rotation. It isn't just "Whoops, there's a(n) [insert any calling] attacking me, better hit cadence a few times!" I'm really hoping Trion has some balancing acts in the works for our leather-wearing healer pals, and I don't know where to find out more. Anyone know if/when patch notes will be viewable? I would roll a bard -- or sab, for that matter -- in the future, because they sound like really nice soul ideas, but I don't want to roll something if it's ridiculously overpowered because I don't stand to gain any skill by doing that.
    Haha well written.

But yeah, I wouldnt say Bard is "overpowered", but it is a "tough" class to kill in pvp for physical dmg dealers souls, liek you as Assassin.

I can reach up to like 45% melee mitigation with only guardian phase active, not any other armor buff.

Now add the dmg absorbed by Rift Guard...and we can see where your pain is coming from.

But thats it, Bard buffing is pretty MEH! in pvp imho. And his healing has been nerfed in this last patch to hit less targets.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-30-2011 at 04:15 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Plane Touched

Bards don't keep anybody alive at higher level, and especially not with Cadence. It's fluff healing. Clerics and (to a much lesser extent) Chloromancers do the real work.

But please, do continue to cannibalize your own calling and get one of our two remaining unique and semi viable souls nerfed into uselessness along with the all the rest. Maybe we can get Riftstalker tanks smacked with the bat too and come full circle.

PS - Assassin is bad for group PvP if you're vs. healers who aren't awful. Your damage blows compared to a warrior and you have no heal debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalay View Post
    urmmm.....most healers have one main heal that gets used the most.....Sentinels have Healing Invocation, Purifyers with Restorative Flame.....I'm sorry I cant see your point. If one heal is more effective in a situation, thats what gets used.
    Wow. I hope you're trolling. My grievance is that the same heal is used in most every situation. If the same concept were used for damage dealing -- which it sometimes is, frankly -- people would whine that dps takes no skill or thought. It's fine, I guess. You want to mindlessly hit two buttons in any scenario, I'd like to juggle more abilities. We can agree to disagree.

he is right, bards spam cadence, and they spam it a lot. Lots of classes spams a couple of buttons, But I think no other souls spam the same one as Bards do, but thats normal since thats how trion intented the class.

Lets talk about PvP, Im one of those bards who throw a debuff on the enemies...most of the bards im seeing do not even bother, and just cadence all day long!
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Maderas View Post
    But please, do continue to cannibalize your own calling and get one of our two remaining unique and semi viable souls nerfed into uselessness along with the all the rest. Maybe we can get Riftstalker tanks smacked with the bat too and come full circle.
    Erm... Apparently, a willingness to admit one's own flaws equates to cannibalizing a calling. You're absolutely right, I should deny what I perceive to be reality and insist that I be buffed, unbalancing the game for 3/4 of its players for my own self gain. I am the most important player, after all.

Plane Touched

So you're mad because you like to press alot of buttons on your keybord while other people like to press 1-2 buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by voidtek1969 View Post
    So you're mad because you like to press alot of buttons on your keybord while other people like to press 1-2 buttons?
    I'm mad that PvP in its current state encourages spamming 1-2 abilities. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to grasp.

Bik

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread