+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wait, what happened? (Marksman)

Rift Master

Default Wait, what happened? (Marksman)

I played a Marksman/Ranger/Sin build to lvl 40 during Beta, and loved it! It was a very strong, fun class.

They made changes, i still rolled the same for live. It was still very strong and fun. All the way to lvl 40.

At lvl 40, it was like someone turned off the progression of the marksman abilities. As other classes began critting for over 2k, or hitting for 300+ on their base abilities, i was seeing my shots still hitting for 100-200, and being extremely excited for a deadeye crit ~1k.

And then came 50. After hitting prestige rank 3, i decided i just couldnt do it anymore. I gave in and put together a sabo build. What in the world? I knew sabos outperformed Marksmen, but i wasnt ready for this change.

So here i am, still wishing Marksman was a viable and competitive soul. It just is not. Is it fun? sure. Can you kill some melee classes with it? Yes. But compared to the level of dps of other classes and even the sabo soul in your own archtype, it simply would be foolish to continue playing one at the moment.

Here is to hoping Marksmen get some love down the road...

Plane Touched

Every rogues regardless what souls they are using wish they could be more competitive in both pve(raid) and pvp. Too bad, dev said rogues need to wait until the patch after 1.1 .

Rogues have unsubscribbed until 1.2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Rogues have unsubscribbed until 1.2 patch.
    Sad to say it but I did cancel my 6 month founder plan over this BS with rogues and Trion's inability to respond to it.
    So yes my account's frozen and hopefully Trion will show they can fix rogues before to long.

This is the only way I can show the developer's I'm serious and won't be putting up with no Ghostcrawler type crap from developers or lack of game balance.

Really is sad cause my only option was to reroll a mage if I wanted to do good ranged damage and great AoE damage.(not gonna happen... I wanted to play a ranger/marksman hunter style class)

PS:
    one the things that pissed me off but I went ahead and got the game anyway thinking they would undo it or fix it... was the nerf to marksman/rangers in beta right before the game went live
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-29-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

A rogue hitting 1k crit is awesome if somewhat rare, nice work! I hit my first 1k crit yesterday and about flipped in excitement (lvl 45 ranger).

I can almost guarantee if they ever make rogues slightly less than useless we will be so used to fighting so hard just to survive we will tear things up.

People will cry though, it'll get nerfed back into the stone age. I'll roll a warrior to get high damage range again, get bored with rolling my face on the keyboard and winning and stop playing.

On the plus side, when this all does happen I got a lvl 5 commando waiting for me in killingfloor!

Telaran

I totally feel the same way. After around lvl 40, I just waited and waited every second level to get a dmg boost for my abilities like the other classes got. I maybe saw a 50 dmg increase from lvl 40 to 50 including gear contribution. Now I have some epics and the rest lvl 50 blues. I still only do like 350-400 dps on a single target. Wasn't marksmen supposed to be the best ranged single target dps for rogue? Trion obviously failed on this one. I am stuck playing bard in experts and WFs until they do something, its the only way I feel useful.
    Kailyn - Rogue
    Riftstalker - Bladedancer - Infiltrator/Assassin
    Marksman - Assassin - Nightblade
    PvP: Marksman - Assassin - Infiltrator

Member of <Precision> on Imperium EU
    http://precision-guild.net/

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Holmen View Post
    I totally feel the same way. After around lvl 40, I just waited and waited every second level to get a dmg boost for my abilities like the other classes got. I maybe saw a 50 dmg increase from lvl 40 to 50 including gear contribution. Now I have some epics and the rest lvl 50 blues. I still only do like 350-400 dps on a single target. Wasn't marksmen supposed to be the best ranged single target dps for rogue? Trion obviously failed on this one. I am stuck playing bard in experts and WFs until they do something, its the only way I feel useful.
    You know i still am wondering why Sabos have more single target dps, more AE capabilities, everything instant, more utility (snares/stuns/roots/etc) than marksman. If marksman was sold as the best single target dps , i would be completely fine with that. Let my gimpy fan out suck, but give me something in the single target department.

Telaran

/signed
    Marksman are awfull

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    You know i still am wondering why Sabos have more single target dps, more AE capabilities, everything instant, more utility (snares/stuns/roots/etc) than marksman. If marksman was sold as the best single target dps , i would be completely fine with that. Let my gimpy fan out suck, but give me something in the single target department.
    Sabo is still boring and slow tho .. All you do is run around (if even that), throw granades and apply bombs, everything is so slow that it all looks like have a 1.5 sec cast time :/ ... And you look like an idiot bowling when you apply the (1,5 sec) charges too QQ .. Thb a lot of the time the grp killed the mob before I have time to detonate cause the detonation skill is the master slowness

lud
    Champion

I've only seen one marksman in an instance and his dps was bad, he swtched to sab after the first boss, he may have been just trying it out. To nerf marksman just before launch shows just how little they test the game.

/SIGNED

Trion PLEASE listen!! people have told you about this since release!!

also, it occured to me today - Marksman are the ONLY soul (yes the only one out of all the souls and all classes) that do not get some form of hour-long self buff!!!!!!

what is your idea for this soul? because right now it is terrible synergy with other souls, terrible CC's within in MM soul, no buffs, no damage...

so we can run around really fast, and tickle people, but even in open world thats not possible..we can do more damage if we stand in one spot, but that goes against the whole idea..i just dont get it!!!

i will continue to play MM, its the only soul i give a crap about playing...but FIX IT

I had my second highest crit recently a gigantic 980! Boy oh boy, if this keeps up by the time I hit lvl 50 I may be able to almost kill a single mob before my pet dies. Good thing I have that purple rifle with +8 attack power runes on everything or that 980 might have never happened.

I would like to have something that does ranged damage, perhaps a warrior. After the patch perhaps Ill roll a FOTM mage, yea!
    Last edited by frostypepper; 03-30-2011 at 07:19 AM.

marksman is too gear dependant, dont even bother trying it without a 36dps weapon, sabo doesnt need more than a 24-26dps weapon to outperform it at ranged... and that's still the case with 1.1.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

Marksman is truly beyond awful right now. Not only is it pretty boring to play (no utility, not even a snare, very few DPS abilities), but it also have truly horrible DPS. I noticed a while back that it was increasingly harder to find a group for expert dungeons as ranged rogue DPS, so I play bard now in dungeons (but ofcourse they are also nerfed, what a surprise).

Check the DPS testing done for mages, even their healing mage and buffer will outdamage marksman. Oh what a wonderful job Trion has done .-)

Soulwalker

Wink

Personally, think if you freeze your account because a bad period of time for your class in a game, your the winiest little kid I've ever seen... The fact that you have most likely played WoW! The game where you QQ your freaking face off until you get overpowered then get nerfed and QQ some more! Fun right? (just guessing!) The game is still brand new, and well, atleast you don't have to wait entire weeks at a time for things to get fixed on every other matter as well as classes. I am sticking with my Marksman/Ranger/Sin build for now because things will get better, you can't just rage quit a game like it's nothing (especially when you probably payed $60 along with your sub) when things dont go your way for, what? A week or so? Calm down and just give Trion time. They will adress it soon enough. That's my 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast