Here was my fight with a warrior:

Blitz
    Bull Rush 275
    Rising Waterfall 332
    Titan Strike 840
    Frenzied Strike 320
    Debilitating Strike 245
    Dead

I was stunned the whole time. Sorry, but I cant see playing a Rogue, when Im out Rogued by a warrior.

If every rogue dropped class and played Warrior, I can tell you theyd think really quickly about making some changes. As it stands now,
    --we get out damaged at Ranged by a warrior (even when we play a Ranger)
    --We get outhealed by a healer (which we should)
    --we get out DPSd by a Warrior
    --we get out stunned by a warrior

Rogues suck. Im not going to lie. This is my first time playing a Rogue and I made a poor choice. I thought it would be fun to play something different with so many varieties and it just isnt fun to me losing in 5 hits while Im stunned.

Soulwalker

So, I have never posted in the forums but seriously this post is beyond moronic. You are quitting rogue because of level 35 PvP. You are terribad and dumb. You list things that "we" rogues have to suffer through. Sorry to burst your bubble but you can't gauge rogue PvP unless you're 50.

Rogues don't suck. You suck.
    Last edited by cone0; 03-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.

I have to say I never really understood the rogue problems in pvp due to my lack of participation in the pvp warfronts. However, I currently have a 50 cleric, 46 mage, 25 warrior and a level 23 assassin rogue. I decided to join one with my warrior and was constantly one shot with a sab blast charge. Every time he used it, it was anywhere from 1100 to 1400 damage and the dude was only level 25. I am just now starting to hit maybe if I am very lucky 1300 crits on my mage.

I would definitely say something is broke . I almost wish I had the time to respec my rogue and have some fun too...lol

Plane Walker

You're going to laugh, but the rogue is a very rich class. You can't master it right away. I have spent so much plat on specing and re-specing and changing and tweeking that it's sickens me to think of it. First, get to 50. You're not a complete toon utnil you have all the points and abiltiies avaialble to you. Then you need to test. There are really good specs out there. You just have to figure them out. Then you have to practice them. Most are not sab bunny-hop-boom simple. Personally, I don't spell them out or advertise them b/c I fear the nerf bat, but look around the forums.

Not knowing what souls you're using or what you where doing when the Warrior beat you down - it really sounds like you're doing something _very_ wrong.

If you're getting out dpsed at 35 by a riftblade warrior spamming Flamespear, then wow - you really must be bad. I haven't had a problem against riftblades at all as my Marksman - as I have longer range than he does, in addition to a root - a knockback and +speed from most of my shots.

I'm guessing your playing a pve ranger spec or something, seeing as you died when a Warrior opened on you. Of course you're going to get killed in that spec, if a Warrior is allowed to reach you.

It seems to me like most of the people on this forum, are spoiled kids that either want to play classes that kills every other class easy, without skill involved or that they believe every single spec is viable, no matter where they put their points. This isn't World of Warcraft, you can't roll your face across your keyboard(read: Hunter/Icelance Mage/Feral Druid etc) in BG's and top Killing Blows.

I guess the soul system is too hard for you people to manage.

I use an assassin spec to dominate when I'm rolling around doing World PvP - I've killed people as high as 43 at lvl 40 - mages and warriors included, when using my skills correctly.

Please try to master your class, and play around with the souls to find a spec that actually works for YOU, instead of running to the forums every time you make a ******* of yourself in a BG.

Also, at which point did you use your trinket? Or perhaps you are running around without a PvP soul? -_-

- Raze
    Last edited by Ambientqt; 03-29-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Saying warrior doesnt outclass the rogue in everything but stealth is just wishful thinking. I am always perma-stunned and dead in two slashes. Its just a fact.

Now that the sab being useful has been found/nerfed the rouges main job is to be killed by the other classes. Hey, somebody has to loose right?

Warrior is just so boring to play but I think I have a solution. Play my rogue throughout my questing and exploring. When pvp is needed my rogue blows his ra-pe whistle, I log out, break out my warrior, do damage on par with the other useful classes and murder everything that moves. Once everything is safe, my rogue can come out and safely quest again.

Seems like everything is a-ok to me.
    Last edited by frostypepper; 03-29-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Im a lvl 50 rogue with a sin/infil/BD build. Before this one i tried going full sin with a NB/riftstalker build and before that ive tried over 15-20 other builds. The current one i simply love and will stick to it for quite a while fyi.

But to the OP, I actually was in a WF the other day with my full sin build (very little survival skills) mounted when a warrior charged me, stunned me and so on. Champion's titanstrike will get nerfed, I know. I had no CC removers at this point either. When the stuns were over, i litteraly had 5% hp left.

Now I know that i had barely any survivability and im not saying that i should have been able to kill the warrior even tho he charged me, im just saying that I dont think its fair in any case, any gear difference (I got prety ok gear btw) and so on, that any class should be able to take you down in a matter of 3 sec. People flaming sabs here, 3sec=3charges. still need to double that time in order to do your first attack wich cant oneshot ppl anyway. Not at 50. I do however think that sab needs a concideration and I do not find the upcoming changes bad.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cone0 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you can't gauge rogue PvP unless you're 50.

Rogues don't suck. You suck.
    What a load of codswallop!! I'm sick to death of hearing this crap about "you don't know till your 50"!!

Do you think the lvl 50 rogues out there know how bad their class it?

I have a warrior as well, hes boring but incredibly powerful and out damages my rogue by a long shot. Did I mention hes 10 levels lower than my rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Demvaril View Post
    What a load of codswallop!! I'm sick to death of hearing this crap about "you don't know till your 50"!!
    Whats fun is that at 50 champs can stunlock you the same way as someone did to the op at 35 xD, just double the damage he was getting. (if you have break free on CD, and thats 5 min cd lulz)
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-30-2011 at 07:16 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

U know that warriors are getting fixed/nerfed the upcoming patch right?
    U know that rogues dps are getting looked at by the devs right?

kbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Demvaril View Post
    Things don't change at 50. And will not change after this patch.

Warrior can still stunlock you pretty much from full health to negligible amount.

As a matter of fact, I'd say rogues peak in their PVP ability as a class in the 20-30 bracket, after that it's all downhill.

Plane Touched

It's too bad so many bad players get drawn in to the rogue and whichever class happens to be OP at the time coughwarriorcough. It gives the good rogues a bad name, and, saturates the game with them so that many good players never have a chance to show what they can do.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    It's too bad so many bad players get drawn in to the rogue and whichever class happens to be OP at the time coughwarriorcough. It gives the good rogues a bad name, and, saturates the game with them so that many good players never have a chance to show what they can do.
    Ah, **** it.
    Last edited by Gaslov; 03-30-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    What an idiotic response. The best played rogue can not compete with DPS produced by a mediocre played warrior. That's all they can do, not much to show.

Good day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast