+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seriously... WTF... Please Help Me PvPers!

Soulwalker

Exclamation Seriously... WTF... Please Help Me PvPers!

Skill Level: Former Gladiator Priest and Hunter in WoW. I just want to state this so you can get a glimpse that I am a (somewhat) competent PvPer and you can talk to me like one. As well as flame me, if you wish.

K first off let me say that I'm only level 27, and I'm still learning the game, so the following rage is me trying to figure out if this is going to get better in later levels or if I should just cancel my subscription now.

I've been playing Assassin... cuz it's the closest thing to what the MMO community has determined a rogue is. I'm 27, with great gear for my level, most of it bought with favor and reputation... so assuming its supposed to be geared towards pvp.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiMV.f0xo.MNkbtobok
    This is my spec.. or pretty close to it. It's probably not the best, but its got the essentials. I started using Blazing Strike instead of Final Blow because someone on the forums said it was more reliable, not sure if thats true for my level. And I was testing Flame Thrust for some range dmg.

Main issues:

-Can't touch anything that heals, even bards 1v1 sit there and outheal my dmg and eventually kill me.

-Warriors.. I do fairly well against warriors, simply cuz most of them are newb Champions and evasion rocks them. However... Flamespear... Flame Spear does 15-20% of my health every hit. And there is no way I can control the warrior long enough to kill him before he kills me. And Tanks... they just laugh at me.

-DoT's... like seriously wtf, everyone has an instant cast, or aoe dot that prevents me from restealthing, and they all do considerable amounts of dmg, and last forever... event he dots that do almost no dmg are a hassle cuz they last at least 18 secs and I can't even seek a new fight, and can't do much without an opener.

-I've had 2-3 different Clerics (healing clerics, not sure what the class name is) laugh at me via shouting in Codex because after blowing everything, they never dipped below 95% (yes, 95 percent). It's stupid because I'm not a bad pvper, and my score still reflects well despite the above annoyances, and I'm sure that there are plenty of whiners that have mentioned my name in warfront chat, and then I open on a cleric and theyre like "rofl this is the guy u were worried about? lawlawlawlawlawlawl"

So help me out here. Answer some of my hopeful Assassin questions: (and let my WoW references slide)

1. Sprint... do we ever get a sprint? I see one in the marksman tree... but it seems like such a waste of points.

2. Wound Poison: its obviously needed. Do we have one?

3. Crippling Poison: Yes, we have Malicious Strike (and I use it every opener) but it's kind of a nuisance to use when you're not doing ENOUGH dmg.

4. What class buffs are we looking forward to in 1.1?

5. What counter class debuffs are we looking forward to in 1.1?

Like I said.. I do alright... and I know PvP in imbalanced, especially in the first couple months... so give me something to look forward to please I do enjoy the game... I just want to continue enjoying it.
    Last edited by Rosho; 03-29-2011 at 09:31 PM.

It gets better if you don't blow a gasket at level 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdertrain
    That this post found it to page three is reprehensible. It's the best one I've seen since I started playing Rift. "find some balance in your life..." Some people could learn from that. Not only is it an awesomely hilarious post, but informative too. +10 internets.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rosho View Post
    Skill Level: Former Gladiator Priest and Hunter in WoW. I just want to state this so you can get a glimpse that I am a (somewhat) competent PvPer and you can talk to me like one. As well as flame me, if you wish.

K first off let me say that I'm only level 27, and I'm still learning the game, so the following rage is me trying to figure out if this is going to get better in later levels or if I should just cancel my subscription now.

I've been playing Assassin... cuz it's the closest thing to what the MMO community has determined a rogue is. I'm 27, with great gear for my level, most of it bought with favor and reputation... so assuming its supposed to be geared towards pvp.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiMV.f0xo.MNkbtobok
    This is my spec.. or pretty close to it. It's probably not the best, but its got the essentials. I started using Blazing Strike instead of Final Blow because someone on the forums said it was more reliable, not sure if thats true for my level. And I was testing Flame Thrust for some range dmg.

Main issues:

-Can't touch anything that heals, even bards 1v1 sit there and outheal my dmg and eventually kill me.

-Warriors.. I do fairly well against warriors, simply cuz most of them are newb Champions and evasion rocks them. However... Flamespear... Flame Spear does 15-20% of my health every hit. And there is no way I can control the warrior long enough to kill him before he kills me. And Tanks... they just laugh at me.

-DoT's... like seriously wtf, everyone has an instant cast, or aoe dot that prevents me from restealthing, and they all do considerable amounts of dmg, and last forever... event he dots that do almost no dmg are a hassle cuz they last at least 18 secs and I can't even seek a new fight, and can't do much without an opener.

-I've had 2-3 different Clerics (healing clerics, not sure what the class name is) laugh at me via shouting in Codex because after blowing everything, they never dipped below 95% (yes, 95 percent). It's stupid because I'm not a bad pvper, and my score still reflects well despite the above annoyances, and I'm sure that there are plenty of whiners that have mentioned my name in warfront chat, and then I open on a cleric and theyre like "rofl this is the guy u were worried about? lawlawlawlawlawlawl"

So help me out here. Answer some of my hopeful Assassin questions: (and let my WoW references slide)

1. Sprint... do we ever get a sprint? I see one in the marksman tree... but it seems like such a waste of points.

3. Crippling Poison: Yes, we have Malicious Strike (and I use it every opener) but it's kind of a nuisance to use when you're not doing ENOUGH dmg.

5. What counter class debuffs are we looking forward to in 1.1?

Like I said.. I do alright... and I know PvP in imbalanced, especially in the first couple months... so give me something to look forward to please I do enjoy the game... I just want to continue enjoying it.
    DoTs: eventually you'll get an ability that allows you to come out of stealth in 15 seconds after you vanish and are still effected by dots. (Hidden Veil)

As you progress you will start to do worse and worse against warriors, especially champs, and riftblades start to blow. Most warriors are champ at 50 pvp atm.

You get a sprint deep Bladedancer, but other than that just the MM ability you spoke of.

Deep Nightblade is the only spec at 50 that gets a "Mortal Strike" debuff for healing (making it one of the most viable PvP specs atm, but not as an assassin.)

And as far as a slowing poison, No, we don't have one, but we have crippling strike, which as you say is annoying, but if you sub spec into NB you can also grab a ranged snare (twilight force)

Rogues can only really counter mages/clerics and other rogues atm, so enjoy being able to kill warriiors while you can

My advice to you, if you enjoy pvping at your level, is to go bard, who's heals are OP atm. Hurry before they get nerfed in 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
    It gets better if you don't blow a gasket at level 27.
    No, it don't

Soulwalker

if you want to be able to put down healers and have a stealth you pretty much have to be NB for its 50% heal debuff. It takes some getting used to but it is so much fun in WF's paired up with RS for some teleports. I still use assasination for world pvp though. Slip away will help you out a lot and so will the skill that allows stealth to not be broken by damage (can't think of the name. I also use RF in this spec because with 4 teleports you will never need a sprint. Just gotta get to a higher level and you'll feel better about it. Seriously though nightblade is awesome
    Last edited by Assasinator; 03-29-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Soulwalker

thank you for great replies... while I have your attention...

does top end dmg effect our spammable abilties? do we want slower weapons in our main hands generally?

[

There's a sprint in the Bladedancer tree. 11 points up. Other souls offer blink, shifting for maneuverability. (Riftstalker) It's a popular soul to mix in with pvp builds.

Fell blades in the Nightblade roots. It's deep though.. 32 points in. But almost a requirement if you actually want to kill healers.

Question here? Yes, it sucks.

Nothing really beneficial, just some nerfing of other stuff to make us not look quite as ****ty in comparison.

Aside from the overpowered spec's for some souls that are or will be adjusted, I don't think the devs are allowing any class to have a good answer for every other class. There are souls that will destroy certain other souls 9 times out of 10 (skill and gear being equal) and I kind of like that. Learn to pick your fights that match your spec. Assassin is frustrating in the smaller warfronts because they are zerg and AoE fests, but 1v1 or open world PvP you can and will do quite well when you get some more tools.

Soulwalker

thank you for great replies... while I have your attention...

does top end dmg effect our spammable abilties? do we want slower weapons in our main hands generally?
    Damaging abilities are normalized by the weapons dps. So use the highest dps weapon for harder hitting abilities. Weapon enchant procs, like poisons, are effected by weapon speed so I try to stick with some good daggers but if I find a sword with better dps I usually use it in MH.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Assasinator View Post
    Damaging abilities are normalized by the weapons dps. So use the highest dps weapon for harder hitting abilities. Weapon enchant procs, like poisons, are effected by weapon speed so I try to stick with some good daggers but if I find a sword with better dps I usually use it in MH.
    excellent. ty.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmachi View Post
    As you progress you will start to do worse and worse against warriors, especially champs, and riftblades start to blow. Most warriors are champ at 50 pvp atm.

Rogues can only really counter mages/clerics and other rogues atm, so enjoy being able to kill warriiors while you can.
    I don't agree with that at all. The only time a Champion is hard to kill is if he is being healed in which case, why aren't you attacking his healer?

Without healing support, they are a very easy kill, unless they are really good and know your class backwards.

Agree on Riftblades, at lower levels Flamespear is OP, however at 50 it doesn't do as much damage as a % of your health. And it's about to get a 6 sec CD added to it, so hang in there.

To beat a RB at 50 though, you need points in RS to stay on their chichen**** arses, in order to break out of Stonespear, which will be the death of you if can't. Once they open the distance they will kite you until dead. You can also use Slip Away once you have it to break the root, but be aware if they have point in Reaver they may have a dot on you.

Rift Surge is being nerfed as well, it's getting a 30 second CD attached to it, which is nice They will have to fight in melee range to do any real damage from 1.1. Should be funny watching them all respec to full tank as they obviously couldn't cut it as a real Warrior
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

+ Reply to Thread