+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone find a spec worth doing after the death of sabo?

Soulwalker

Default Anyone find a spec worth doing after the death of sabo?

Ok, So me and some rogues in my guild have been trying spec after spec to make up for the death of Sabos tomorrow. And we can not find one that does more than 680. It was a MM/Rng/Sin build. Currently our best rogue sabo is doing about 450 dps on alpha when in live he does 900 to 1000 pluss dps. Mages will def be up there past where sabos are and so will wars .. so are rogues pretty much just going to be tanking and barding it up after this patch ...?

Quote Originally Posted by killaconcept View Post
    Ok, So me and some rogues in my guild have been trying spec after spec to make up for the death of Sabos tomorrow. And we can not find one that does more than 680. It was a MM/Rng/Sin build. Currently our best rogue sabo is doing about 450 dps on alpha when in live he does 900 to 1000 pluss dps. Mages will def be up there past where sabos are and so will wars .. so are rogues pretty much just going to be tanking and barding it up after this patch ...?
    Not unless Trion wakes up and smells the coffe.... hey Trion! it's time to make the donuts!!
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

if they do change charge booster saboteur will literally be 5x blast charge pop charge booster (presuming there keeping it with 50% dmg buff) and detonate and nearly instakill someone for a 4-5k crit then running off for a minute and waiting for CD, (much like the shadow warrior from warhammer online.)

There will be no reason to use 1 of each charge simply because you will only do 5 charges of damage as opposed to 10.

Shield of Telara

Balanced =/= Death of.
    I really doubt you'll find marksman/ranger dps more appealing then sabs post patch, unless you really dislike the sab playstyle and just play it for the damage. (Which is totally fine..since well its damage is high lol)

Roll warrior. If you're rogue, unsub until patch 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
    Balanced =/= Death of.
    I really doubt you'll find marksman/ranger dps more appealing then sabs post patch, unless you really dislike the sab playstyle and just play it for the damage. (Which is totally fine..since well its damage was high lol)
    I fixed it for you ;).
    Dont forget to check out my poems/lyrics: Saboteur Poem / Saboteur Lyrics.
    Ps. English is not my native language.

Rift Disciple

i guess it depends on what gear you have, but if you have t2 gear theres no reason you can't hit over 600-700dps with most specs unless you are completely mucked up on rotations or have some completely strange spec..

the damage nerf to saboteurs damage was needed (i play a saboteur), the range however, i strongly disagree with for pve... if they were bothered by it in pvp it should have a flag, if you are flagged for pvp its max 20 yards, if you aren't its 30 yards... thats how they should be fixing things like that.

if only a select few calling/soul combos are putting out huge dps its obviously not something that is intended, it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure that out.

the game is only a month old, if you are that pathetic and so mad that mad that you unsub to a game because of a few changes that are intended to try to help balance a new game, you need to take your computer and smash it, because you'll most likely die of a stroke young if you dont.

this patch will help get a little closer to what trion most likely feels that the 'average' dps intended is, and if rogues are falling behind, they will most likely do more tweaking (which im sure they will be doing anyway). if certain callings/soul combos are still doing 2x-3x the damage of other similar ones (comparing a melee rogue to a melee dps warrior or cleric for example) then i'm guessing they will keep tweaking until they are all fairly comparable.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

Quote Originally Posted by crater View Post
    i guess it depends on what gear you have, but if you have t2 gear theres no reason you can't hit over 600-700dps with most specs unless you are completely mucked up on rotations or have some completely strange spec..

the damage nerf to saboteurs damage was needed (i play a saboteur), the range however, i strongly disagree with for pve... if they were bothered by it in pvp it should have a flag, if you are flagged for pvp its max 20 yards, if you aren't its 30 yards... thats how they should be fixing things like that.

if only a select few calling/soul combos are putting out huge dps its obviously not something that is intended, it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure that out.

the game is only a month old, if you are that pathetic and so mad that mad that you unsub to a game because of a few changes that are intended to try to help balance a new game, you need to take your computer and smash it, because you'll most likely die of a stroke young if you dont.

this patch will help get a little closer to what trion most likely feels that the 'average' dps intended is, and if rogues are falling behind, they will most likely do more tweaking (which im sure they will be doing anyway). if certain callings/soul combos are still doing 2x-3x the damage of other similar ones (comparing a melee rogue to a melee dps warrior or cleric for example) then i'm guessing they will keep tweaking until they are all fairly comparable.
    no ranger or marks spec can pull 700dps the spec's barely pull 550-650dps(depending on spec used) give or take and thats being generous.

in full T1 gear with 4 pieces of T2 and using the T2 36dps bow

seen clerics, warriors, saboteurs(for the moment anyway) and mages do 700-900dps single target and pull more damage on AoE also
    and most the time they're not even in as good of gear as I am...
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

Telaran

As ranger on a dummy I'm pulling 525 right now with mostly pre-t1 blues and a t1 blue bow. How exactly does it not jump up to 600+ by the end of t2 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    As ranger on a dummy I'm pulling 525 right now with mostly pre-t1 blues and a t1 blue bow. How exactly does it not jump up to 600+ by the end of t2 gear?
    It does not scale and it hit's for such little damage.
    Just wait and get geared out and parse it, you will see.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt View Post
    It does not scale and it hit's for such little damage.
    Just wait and get geared out and parse it, you will see.
    Couldn't some of the scaling issues be adjusted for by going 49rng/17sin for the crit damage? That would make it scale better with dex and crit.

Right now that build and 15nb/51rng/0sin are within a couple DPS of each other for me on a dummy, I run the 49/17 setup to give my group the 5% crit damage buff since my normal T1 farming group doesn't have someone else to bring it.

Rift Master

Nightblade is the truth.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.iItMhqxMss.m

Rotations are clean, decent burst with Ebon Fury, its more then 4 buttons since your weaving Weapon Flare, Fiery Chains, Puncture, Twilight Force, and Dusk Strike.

I've hit 850 + dps in t2s, my gear is also pretty good couple of t1 pieces, but mostly Greenscale / t2 pieces.

Stat wise

I'm at 457 Ap 690 crit 206 hit using the Whisperwood Edge and the Blackheart Blade.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 03-30-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Telaran

Nightblade is definitely the spec to go for the patch, although I don't like your build for it. I use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iItMhqg0os.Vo.

Weaving in weapon flare seems like a DPS loss even with the talent, and 2 of your biggest CP generators get boosted higher (keep in mind they also do 30% more damage under 30% on bosses) by taking Eventide. Weapon Enchantments don't scale with gear, so I'm not a fan of dumping points into them. I moved those points elsewhere as well.

Oh, and 15% dex is nowhere near as much DPS as a 5% crit talent by the way. In my gear I only gain 2% crit and like 50ap, neither of which is worth taking. The 5% crit from ranger would be more DPS, and you could drop an extra point into the tree to get predatory instincts to cover the AP loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsz View Post
    Couldn't some of the scaling issues be adjusted for by going 49rng/17sin for the crit damage? That would make it scale better with dex and crit.

Right now that build and 15nb/51rng/0sin are within a couple DPS of each other for me on a dummy, I run the 49/17 setup to give my group the 5% crit damage buff since my normal T1 farming group doesn't have someone else to bring it.
    the highest dps right now before the patch goes live is 18marks/31ranger/17assassin
    after the patch goes live and fixes the armor penetration bug think you will drop the 18 marks and take 18 nightblade instead

Plane Touched

Where did Trion say rogues are getting buffed in 1.2? I keep hearing this but I can't find it on the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast