+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I jumped this mage earlier..

Default So I jumped this mage earlier..

..And here's how it went down. Being the nub I am I open with silence, as he is slightly off his pad I cross my fingers for it to go through - it does not. So the mage nukes down whoever he's already targetting, turns around, throws a fireball in my face, stuns me, and launches another two to finish me off. He took me down in approximately 8 seconds or less and there's nothing I could have done to prevent this. (The Baneful Touch was supposed to be a scourge but I've been tinkering with keybinds lately, so, yeah.) In the end he spammed his wonderful macro going: "Why do you even try."

And to be honest I have no idea.

Now I'm not one to complain so instead I'll ask for advice - how do you go by killing these guys, is there even a way?

(And here's a bad screenshot of what happened, no combat chat as that didn't cross my mind at the time. And yeah, the mage had Mega Damage but I'd have been three hit either way, so that don't matter.) http://img835.imageshack.us/i/20110326194522.jpg/
    Last edited by Caliy; 03-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caliy View Post
    ..And here's how it went down. Being the nub I am I open with silence, as he is slightly off his pad I cross my fingers for it to go through - it does not. So the mage nukes down whoever he's already targetting, turns around, throws a fireball in my face, stuns me, and launches another two to finish me off. He took me down in approximately 8 seconds or less and there's nothing I could have done to prevent this. (The Baneful Touch was supposed to be a scourge but I've been tinkering with keybinds lately, so, yeah.) In the end he spammed his wonderful macro going: "Why do you even try."

And to be honest I have no idea.

Now I'm not one to complain so instead I'll ask for advice - how do you go by killing these guys, is there even a way?

(And here's a bad screenshot of what happened, no combat chat as that didn't cross my mind at the time. And yeah, the mage had Mega Damage but I'd have been three hit either way, so that don't matter.) http://img835.imageshack.us/i/20110326194522.jpg/
    currently you cant kill him =/
    if you want to be a good rogue you should know how to choose your target:
    mages? a big no no!
    cleric? not a chance man!
    warrior? are you ****ing kidding me?
    rogues? yea they are noobs you will have no problem with them.

seriously i think that rogue is only good at killing other rogues(well everyone is good at that =/ )

Plane Walker

pvp soul-infiltrator gives u cleanse soul and break free so u can get out of stun and try to ciome from behind stun from stealth first.
    Last edited by Honeymoon; 03-26-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Shield of Telara

Sounds like you totally ****ed up and used tactics that were ineffective as your opening game plan.

Explain why this is a failure of the calling and not of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    pvp soul-infiltrator gives u cleanse soul and break free so u can get out of stun.
    And then what? I can abuse LOS for another second or two till he actually manages to get a cast off? Come 1.1 that'll change aswell thankyouverymuch.

I'm assuming it was a Pyromancer, so I'll tell you how I killed one.

Open with para strike, waited for him to blink, hovered my finger around my own blink, as soon as he was gone i found him and blinked over. Stun, backstab backstab backstab - >Impale. He rooted him and ran off, waited for him to start casting, wait until its almost done, interrupt. Root broke so I started running at him, he rooted me again, so I waited AGAIN for him to start casting, waited as long as I could through his cast then BAM! Blinding powder. Keep in mind my bleeds are running their course and ticking away his hp. I knew blinding powder wouldn't last long so I waited for root to drop then slip away. Opened with jagged strike and then puncture then he stunned me. Bleeds killed him.

Complicated enough for ya?
    \

Rift Disciple

Sorry to say but ROFL if he is off his pad, STUNLOCK. seriously dont be bad it will force a blink, then just vanish or chase him down. Im a marksman so I just LoS during a strafe, pop cds come out with a 2k deadeye right off the bat and spam empowered shot and deadeye and its gg.

Plane Walker

cc with blinding powder from sin soul and stun with foul play from sin soul.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    Sounds like you totally ****ed up and used tactics that were ineffective as your opening game plan.

Hi there. I'd like for you to point out what could have been done differently on my part, and just for the record, a) running away or b) hiding in a corner are not valid options.

And from a pure theoretical point of view, let's say I had opened with a 20% damage increase - how do you reckon this fight would have turned out then.

My point being, whether I had executed every ****ing bit flawlessly the endgame would have been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post

Actually, we'd rather you discuss your failure at reading comprehension.
    The OP stated twice that he used bad tactics, and wants to learn some GOOD ones.
    So tell him what the good ones are.
    Last edited by Worf; 03-26-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    Actually, we'd rather you discuss your failure at reading comprehension.
    The OP stated twice that he used bad tactics, and wants to learn some GOOD ones.
    So tell him what the good ones are.
    Actually, I was just pointing out how imbalanced GoS is. I'm not holding my breath for any knowledge on how counter it, as there is none.

Plane Walker

thats why u need slip away nothing wrong with running away at a fail attemp lol. If u are into melee u need to use all ur dots so stealth open with jappgged strike and puncture and put points into physical truma they will just die from dots while u hit ur slip away stun her from stealth(paralizing strike) if needed.

Prophet of Telara

OP, you may want to try posting your build so that people can actually respond with useful information on good tactics.

1. Stealth
    2. Anni bomb
    3. carpetbomb
    4. blast chargex5
    5. PHASE BEHIND
    6. whirlwind kick like mother****in ryu
    7. ANNIBOMBANNIBOMBANNIBOMBDETONATE
    8. TEARS
    9. /y LOL YOU SLUHT
    Last edited by bakedspaghetti; 03-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    4LOKO, NOW IN LUNCHABLES

Rift Disciple

play an assassin
    8 sec stun ftw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast