+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any idea why they are moving MoR?

pig
    Telaran

Default Any idea why they are moving MoR?

I am trying to figure out why they would move it down to 24 points from 12.

I pve mostly. So I liked having MoR to pair with cadence when out soloing with my assassin. It bums me out that I am losing this ability. Just wondering if they have stated why.

Telaran

Who knows. Bard already has virtually zero synergy with any other soul aside from maybe tanking.

No actual explanation as to why.

Yet another incredibly moronic decision from Trion. This worked so well with RS to add that bit of extra threat.

Just amazing...

Only logical reason I can find are that Trion hate rogues and a more valid reason is that they're nerfing rogues even more (see the first reason) and limiting a rogues solo play viablity, SIN/BD/Bard works pretty well when you're soloing stuff.

Haven't tried those meanie 22k+ elites as a ranger with the posibility to instantly resummon their boar but as SIN/BD/Bard I can solo most of the meaner elites without too much trouble.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Apparently Trion didn't want Bards Souls as Subs to be able to heal. Before you could do a 51/12/3 and heal, now the best is 42/24/0.
    So only main Bards for healers, and the complete removal of low level Bard healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    No actual explanation as to why.

Yet another incredibly moronic decision from Trion. This worked so well with RS to add that bit of extra threat.

Just amazing...
    Why are you going that deep into Bard for Tanking in the first place? Pittance Healing over raw Avoidance or Damage Reduction or Health?

Likely the MoR change is to nerf some of the self-healing viability some builds were using for solo play as well as augmenting AoE Healing in WFs and Raids. Dipping 12 points into Bard for free raid healing with zero cost aside from one second out of every 30 is a bit much, I'd gladly sacrifice DPS for free padding for the actual healers.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Banned

I dont see how 10 ticks of 100 are grounds for moving it up the tree. Just another way to make Rogues worthless. Should demand the skill to be buffed to 2x healing just because they are moving it up the tree like its an awsome skill....
    Last edited by Vindicit; 03-26-2011 at 10:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread