+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogues how much is to much ( nerfs )

Default Rogues how much is to much ( nerfs )

What people seem to not understand is that rogues cant get very good dps at all ranged with any other class except sab, sab even beats melee combat!

So whats the real problem? our other souls seem to be nerfed so hard into the ground no matter what on a dps charts rogues will be laughable, whilst mages get a boost.

Sab nerf was needed yes it was broken, but can we get some nerfs taken off of our other souls yet?

Because dps wise I would definatly love to play something besides a sab

Plane Touched

Re-rolled Cleric, currently pwning rogues Love it when Sins jump me, i just heal their **** and dot them to death. Slip away without hidden veil is trash, enjoy sweet Sanction Heretic!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Re-rolled Cleric, currently pwning rogues Love it when Sins jump me, i just heal their **** and dot them to death. Slip away without hidden veil is trash, enjoy sweet Sanction Heretic!
    I only reroll if I atleast have t2 , cause I didnt get to 50 for nothing

Thumbs down of course they nerf rogue - it's the class i picked

damn pvp to h.ell

how am i going to solo now
    Let me know when there's an expansion and I'll be back.

im not just talking about pvp, im talking pve , I can see it now

"lfm for t2's all but rogues"

bump! /10char

Considering Mages are getting the ability for spellcasts to hit even when an enemy runs through them, I expect to get that for my ranged rogue as well. Ranger/Marksman appeals to me the most but with so many hard casts it feels clunky. Especially when my pet can't even keep aggro.

you wont get that ability your a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by zonezerozel View Post
    What people seem to not understand is that rogues cant get very good dps at all ranged with any other class except sab, sab even beats melee combat!

So whats the real problem? our other souls seem to be nerfed so hard into the ground no matter what on a dps charts rogues will be laughable, whilst mages get a boost.

Sab nerf was needed yes it was broken, but can we get some nerfs taken off of our other souls yet?

Because dps wise I would definatly love to play something besides a sab
    The rogue souls actually don't need a buff, they do plenty of damage. Warriors in general need a huge nerf to just about every soul to bring them in line with every other class. I've already reached my limit of tolerance, Trion obviously isn't trying to balance classes, I'll be trying it again in like a year, maybe they lose enough customers to start caring by then.
    Earth licks her dayburnt wounds - pouring out the sweetest dew, feeding our hungry eyes with images of fallen angels.
    Seven stones of silver, a crown for you and me. The lover's words of sin and pleasure the chains that let us see.
    The tree of good and evil, the snakes that crawl from path to path. All of them are with us here to whisper songs of lust and wrath.
    Farewell to daylight, hail to the hallowed night. Spread out your wings, the sun is dead and gone.

Im actually laughing at the people that were saying its just alpha notes and they prolly wont be added..
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BlestSol View Post
    Im actually laughing at the people that were saying its just alpha notes and they prolly wont be added..
    I'm laughing at all the people crying about nerfs and buffs. Thinking that Trion will not go through with them if they cry enough.

If it is already in the patch notes then obviously they feel it needs a change, which I would imagine they made the decision based on data they collected in house.

Just because your experience with X and Y does not match their data, doesn't mean a thing to them.

Trion will not and did not ask you for your opinions on damage now did they? No poll? HMMM, almost like they made the decision and plan on doing what they want with their game, crazy concept I know.

TLDR: If you don't like what you see in the patch notes, why the hell are you telling me? I don't care and neither does anyone else, especially TRION.

Champion of Telara Leggomyeggolas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlestSol View Post
    umm, they've already reverted/lessened several of the nerfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimits View Post
    I'm laughing at all the people crying about nerfs and buffs. Thinking that Trion will not go through with them if they cry enough.

If it is already in the patch notes then obviously they feel it needs a change, which I would imagine they made the decision based on data they collected in house.

Just because your experience with X and Y does not match their data, doesn't mean a thing to them.

Trion will not and did not ask you for your opinions on damage now did they? No poll? HMMM, almost like they made the decision and plan on doing what they want with their game, crazy concept I know.

TLDR: If you don't like what you see in the patch notes, why the hell are you telling me? I don't care and neither does anyone else, especially TRION.
    Whoa there buddy
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

Sadly melee rogues are lik ea paper ,clerics ,mages and of course warriors destroy them easy .Gj trion for making a class so useless

Plane Walker

Jesus you guys are a bunch of clueless morons. Here is a dev post I found on Riftjunkies .... I've been around Rift for a long time, and one thing I will say for the devs is that they listen and do everything they can to address game issues ASAP. Excuse some of the wierd symbols ... I just cut/pasted it from Riftjunkies.

Originally posted by Sweet (Source)

I just wanted to jump in and answer a few questions and concerns we’ve been seeing come up over past couple of days.

Saboteurs
    Firstly we’re going to roll-back the changes to Charge range; they’ll be back to the same levels as they are on Live at the moment. Regarding damage, put simply some Saboteurs specs are doing far too much damage in both PVP and PVE across multiple level ranges including 50. In part this was due to an armor penetration bug however a significant portion of it is also due to Charge Booster. We’re still not entirely happy with Charge Booster as is it exists on the Test shard and we’ll be updating it further to reward players who invest deeper into the Saboteur tree. We’re not trying to force people to have to spend 51 points in Saboteur we’re just trying to make it a more attractive option than what it currently is.

Why didn’t you nerf Warrior DPS?
    The issue with Warrior DPS in most cases was due to a bug in Combat Precision. We’ve since fixed the bug which has reduced most “broken” builds, bringing them more in line with other DPS souls. In the case of the Paragon it dropped them too far requiring us to buff them up a little. There were of course other tweaks as well for both PVE and PVP spread across a number of Souls.

Reavers
    The Reaver is a tank first and foremost specializing in AOE threat generation; they are not a DPS Soul. Right now the speed at which they can solo a large number of mobs is too fast especially when they come out of the encounter at full health. Our goal here is to reduce their speed and overall healing ability while not impacting their threat too heavily.

“Ranged Warriors”
    Flamespear, Path of the Wind and Path of the Raptor are having their cooldown times reduced from the 6 seconds that they are on Test right now to 4 seconds. We’re satisfied for now that these changes still give Warriors ranged attack options across a few different specs.
    We’ll also be doing an audit of dungeons to ensure there isn’t an overabundance of encounters that unduly punish melee characters so we can adjust them in upcoming patches. If you feel there are bosses that punish melee too much please let us know.

Bard, Chloromancer and Justicar group healing
    Area of effect healing from these classes right now is too powerful in larger raids, especially their passive & secondary healing effects. As such we want to reduce the amount of healing they can perform in those environments without greatly reducing their effectiveness in smaller groups and while soloing. We’ve been paying close attention to and working with some of our top raiders on the Test server and so far are happy with how the changes are working out.
    To clarify something else as well all of our AOE heals use Smart Healing i.e. they select the targets who need healing the most and heal those characters and pets first. This means you should never see a case where you heal someone at full health while there’s someone next to them who actually requires healing.

Mana Drains
    Mana drains right now are a too good and are allowing players to rapidly drain people in PVP, we’ll be increasing the time it takes to completely drain a targets mana for both Void Knights and Dominators.

Ground of Strength
    The stun portion of Ground of Strength is being moved over to be affected by the same diminishing returns used for stun abilities. Like everything else we’ll continue to monitor this ability.

Moving Forward
    Overall it’s been a fairly busy month for us and while you haven’t seen us post very much I can assure you that every day we’re looking at in-game bug reports and feedback as well as the forums. Post 1.1 we’ll be continuing to look at feedback, parses, logs and addressing issues as they come up.

Cheers,

Sweet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast