+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: T2.5 BM/Champ Warrior 1.1-1.2k dps rerolls rogue !

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default T2.5 BM/Champ Warrior 1.1-1.2k dps rerolls rogue !

    Yeah you read it correctly. I've had it spamming 2 macro's whole raids man.
    Currently lvl 10, Ranger/MM/Sabo. Its fun.

    We can also 'tank' and do some serious support as Bard.

    So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

    We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !
    Any tips I should know about ? Thanks for the troll welcome in advance :<

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Your soul choices are going to make you quit in frustration. You've gone from godlike to the worm you just stood on.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Yeah you read it correctly. I've had it spamming 2 macro's whole raids man.
    Currently lvl 10, Ranger/MM/Sabo. Its fun.

    We can also 'tank' and do some serious support as Bard.

    So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

    We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !
    Any tips I should know about ? Thanks for the troll welcome in advance :<


    As of right now all rogue dps is in the toilet. Sab dps after next patch will be down by at least 30%. Get ready to put out maybe 600-700dps on a rogue, if your lucky. I still have fun on my assassin (but I am a hardcore rogue fan). My RS is fun in a couple WF's, and I just used sab to pve. I hear people have a lot of good times using a NB/RS/bd build, but I haven't tried it out yet.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Yeah you read it correctly. I've had it spamming 2 macro's whole raids man.
    Currently lvl 10, Ranger/MM/Sabo. Its fun.

    We can also 'tank' and do some serious support as Bard.

    So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

    We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !
    Any tips I should know about ? Thanks for the troll welcome in advance :<
    as sad as it is it will stay on only being fun. it will never become good. unless trion trows in some loving.

    as for fun specs sab is very fun to play around with. so is riftstalker.

    for pvp i just love bd as they basicly an anti melee soul (altough you still get pound in the ground by champions .. you do make it a close fight tough)

  5. #5
    Telaran Caliy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    1-49 is fun. At 50 it all goes downhill no matter what spec you choose.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Hmmm, well, I don't bother much yet about DPS currently. BM was clearly the FOTM with the release, not that I played the warrior for that though.

    MMORPG's got this wierd thing going on that there's always 1 OP 2 Semi 1 Bad class going in this case since we only got 4.

    Warrior will still be able to do nice DPS with the right setup, but not as easy anymore for sure. Neither does anyone know yet how well rogue scales in high end gear. Greenscale is a joke, and the real gear will drop in the new raid for sure.

    Of-course, the base is there and it doesn't look like rogue is currently the best, but I'm sure we will end up fine.

    The reason I reroll rogue is not because I want too top DPS, its because I don't see myself spamming the same old macro crap for my whole career in rift honestly.

    As I stated before, rogue can support / ranged / melee / tank all pritty decent. Warrior can just tank or go melee dps. If you aint a tank-geared, you wont need too bother. So your stuck in your fotm spec.

    While playing as a rogue, I will be able to play a support/ranged/melee in pritty much the same gear. Or so I hope :>

  7. #7
    Gox
    Gox is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Yeah you read it correctly. I've had it spamming 2 macro's whole raids man.
    Currently lvl 10, Ranger/MM/Sabo. Its fun.

    We can also 'tank' and do some serious support as Bard.

    So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

    We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !
    Any tips I should know about ? Thanks for the troll welcome in advance :<

    sorry if you are only spamming 1.4k crits you are NOT one of the better geared warriors in game.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Okay... Well I'm not comming to the rogue section too brag how much fotm dps my boring calling could do.

    And that's is on basicly each ability, not a 3CB finisher or so. I would be suprised to see better honestly. Maybe some guy who got extremly lucky on drops + full gsc stuff or so, then perhaps.

    Anyways, I'm loving my rogue so far :-D

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliy View Post
    1-49 is fun. At 50 it all goes downhill no matter what spec you choose.
    cannot stress this enough.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  10. #10
    Ascendant nand chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Hmmm, well, I don't bother much yet about DPS currently. BM was clearly the FOTM with the release, not that I played the warrior for that though.

    MMORPG's got this wierd thing going on that there's always 1 OP 2 Semi 1 Bad class going in this case since we only got 4.

    Warrior will still be able to do nice DPS with the right setup, but not as easy anymore for sure. Neither does anyone know yet how well rogue scales in high end gear. Greenscale is a joke, and the real gear will drop in the new raid for sure.

    Of-course, the base is there and it doesn't look like rogue is currently the best, but I'm sure we will end up fine.

    The reason I reroll rogue is not because I want too top DPS, its because I don't see myself spamming the same old macro crap for my whole career in rift honestly.

    As I stated before, rogue can support / ranged / melee / tank all pritty decent. Warrior can just tank or go melee dps. If you aint a tank-geared, you wont need too bother. So your stuck in your fotm spec.

    While playing as a rogue, I will be able to play a support/ranged/melee in pritty much the same gear. Or so I hope :>
    Bards support less than archon/chloro (and are more boring to play than 2 macro warriors). Rogues do far less ranged DPS than mages, far less melee DPS than beastmasters, can tank far less well than paladins and can't heal at all.

    While it's true that they basically are able to do everything, they can't do anything properly. It's better to figure out what you want to play (tank, melee DD, ranged DD, healer) and roll the right calling for it (warrior, warrior, mage or cleric).

    While rift attempts to move away from the 3-4 archetypes, it's basically presenting players with less choice than WoW.
    Last edited by nand chan; 03-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.

  11. #11
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Hmmm, well, I don't bother much yet about DPS currently. BM was clearly the FOTM with the release, not that I played the warrior for that though.

    MMORPG's got this wierd thing going on that there's always 1 OP 2 Semi 1 Bad class going in this case since we only got 4.

    Warrior will still be able to do nice DPS with the right setup, but not as easy anymore for sure. Neither does anyone know yet how well rogue scales in high end gear. Greenscale is a joke, and the real gear will drop in the new raid for sure.

    Of-course, the base is there and it doesn't look like rogue is currently the best, but I'm sure we will end up fine.

    The reason I reroll rogue is not because I want too top DPS, its because I don't see myself spamming the same old macro crap for my whole career in rift honestly.

    As I stated before, rogue can support / ranged / melee / tank all pritty decent. Warrior can just tank or go melee dps. If you aint a tank-geared, you wont need too bother. So your stuck in your fotm spec.

    While playing as a rogue, I will be able to play a support/ranged/melee in pritty much the same gear. Or so I hope :>
    What your going to find out very quickly, is that your only viable non-bard build, is getting nerfed in 1.1.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

  12. #12
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    cannot stress this enough.
    QFT /10char
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Ok so in 1.1 our only viable DPS soul will be nerfed, while a Rogue is actually a focused DPS class melee wise like the mage would be ranged.

    And you all believe it will stay like this if 85% of the rogues QQ ?

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    The only real question is whether mage or cleric is next up once you discover how bad rogues are.

  15. #15
    Telaran Caliy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post
    Ok so in 1.1 our only viable DPS soul will be nerfed, while a Rogue is actually a focused DPS class melee wise like the mage would be ranged.

    And you all believe it will stay like this if 85% of the rogues QQ ?
    Of course not. But when people don't see their concerns addressed in the first draft they go mental. I'm keeping my cool, though.

    The way I see it, melee rogues are pretty much the most balanced class out there. With need of slight damage boosts in certain areas, and healing reduction should be baseline as either Sin or NB with an addition to a short silence in the Sin tree.

    It's the other classes that need adjusting, and some of them badly. I do have to mention that the mage changes scares me though.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts