+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2.5 BM/Champ Warrior 1.1-1.2k dps rerolls rogue !

Telaran

Default T2.5 BM/Champ Warrior 1.1-1.2k dps rerolls rogue !

Yeah you read it correctly. I've had it spamming 2 macro's whole raids man.
    Currently lvl 10, Ranger/MM/Sabo. Its fun.

We can also 'tank' and do some serious support as Bard.

So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !
    Any tips I should know about ? Thanks for the troll welcome in advance :<

Plane Touched

Your soul choices are going to make you quit in frustration. You've gone from godlike to the worm you just stood on.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dresnia View Post

So stop complaining/tempting a warrior.. I prolly got one of the better geared warriors ingame spamming 1.4k crits non stop.. It's just dull honestly.

We all play a mmo for real, but without fun the lifestyle is just boring :-( So here I am !

As of right now all rogue dps is in the toilet. Sab dps after next patch will be down by at least 30%. Get ready to put out maybe 600-700dps on a rogue, if your lucky. I still have fun on my assassin (but I am a hardcore rogue fan). My RS is fun in a couple WF's, and I just used sab to pve. I hear people have a lot of good times using a NB/RS/bd build, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Plane Walker

as sad as it is it will stay on only being fun. it will never become good. unless trion trows in some loving.

as for fun specs sab is very fun to play around with. so is riftstalker.

for pvp i just love bd as they basicly an anti melee soul (altough you still get pound in the ground by champions .. you do make it a close fight tough)

1-49 is fun. At 50 it all goes downhill no matter what spec you choose.

Telaran

Hmmm, well, I don't bother much yet about DPS currently. BM was clearly the FOTM with the release, not that I played the warrior for that though.

MMORPG's got this wierd thing going on that there's always 1 OP 2 Semi 1 Bad class going in this case since we only got 4.

Warrior will still be able to do nice DPS with the right setup, but not as easy anymore for sure. Neither does anyone know yet how well rogue scales in high end gear. Greenscale is a joke, and the real gear will drop in the new raid for sure.

Of-course, the base is there and it doesn't look like rogue is currently the best, but I'm sure we will end up fine.

The reason I reroll rogue is not because I want too top DPS, its because I don't see myself spamming the same old macro crap for my whole career in rift honestly.

As I stated before, rogue can support / ranged / melee / tank all pritty decent. Warrior can just tank or go melee dps. If you aint a tank-geared, you wont need too bother. So your stuck in your fotm spec.

While playing as a rogue, I will be able to play a support/ranged/melee in pritty much the same gear. Or so I hope :>

Gox
    Champion

sorry if you are only spamming 1.4k crits you are NOT one of the better geared warriors in game.

Telaran

Okay... Well I'm not comming to the rogue section too brag how much fotm dps my boring calling could do.

And that's is on basicly each ability, not a 3CB finisher or so. I would be suprised to see better honestly. Maybe some guy who got extremly lucky on drops + full gsc stuff or so, then perhaps.

Anyways, I'm loving my rogue so far :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Caliy View Post
    1-49 is fun. At 50 it all goes downhill no matter what spec you choose.
    cannot stress this enough.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Hmmm, well, I don't bother much yet about DPS currently. BM was clearly the FOTM with the release, not that I played the warrior for that though.

MMORPG's got this wierd thing going on that there's always 1 OP 2 Semi 1 Bad class going in this case since we only got 4.

Warrior will still be able to do nice DPS with the right setup, but not as easy anymore for sure. Neither does anyone know yet how well rogue scales in high end gear. Greenscale is a joke, and the real gear will drop in the new raid for sure.

Of-course, the base is there and it doesn't look like rogue is currently the best, but I'm sure we will end up fine.

The reason I reroll rogue is not because I want too top DPS, its because I don't see myself spamming the same old macro crap for my whole career in rift honestly.

As I stated before, rogue can support / ranged / melee / tank all pritty decent. Warrior can just tank or go melee dps. If you aint a tank-geared, you wont need too bother. So your stuck in your fotm spec.

While playing as a rogue, I will be able to play a support/ranged/melee in pritty much the same gear. Or so I hope :>
    Bards support less than archon/chloro (and are more boring to play than 2 macro warriors). Rogues do far less ranged DPS than mages, far less melee DPS than beastmasters, can tank far less well than paladins and can't heal at all.

While it's true that they basically are able to do everything, they can't do anything properly. It's better to figure out what you want to play (tank, melee DD, ranged DD, healer) and roll the right calling for it (warrior, warrior, mage or cleric).

While rift attempts to move away from the 3-4 archetypes, it's basically presenting players with less choice than WoW.
    Last edited by nand chan; 03-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.

dmv

What your going to find out very quickly, is that your only viable non-bard build, is getting nerfed in 1.1.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    cannot stress this enough.
    QFT /10char
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Telaran

Ok so in 1.1 our only viable DPS soul will be nerfed, while a Rogue is actually a focused DPS class melee wise like the mage would be ranged.

And you all believe it will stay like this if 85% of the rogues QQ ?

Ascendant

The only real question is whether mage or cleric is next up once you discover how bad rogues are.

Ok so in 1.1 our only viable DPS soul will be nerfed, while a Rogue is actually a focused DPS class melee wise like the mage would be ranged.

And you all believe it will stay like this if 85% of the rogues QQ ?
    Of course not. But when people don't see their concerns addressed in the first draft they go mental. I'm keeping my cool, though.

The way I see it, melee rogues are pretty much the most balanced class out there. With need of slight damage boosts in certain areas, and healing reduction should be baseline as either Sin or NB with an addition to a short silence in the Sin tree.

It's the other classes that need adjusting, and some of them badly. I do have to mention that the mage changes scares me though.

+ Reply to Thread