+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Assassin PvP macro

Default 51 Assassin PvP macro

I usually click my skills manually, and have never been a fan of macros making faceroll classes.
    But noticed how Serpent Strike worked wonders when macroed to my other skills since its an instant skill with no gcd.
    Things happen pretty fast in PvP, so the easier you can make it the better, i guess.

So i decided to play around with it some more and merged my Savage strike/Serpent Strike combo with Backstab.
    I now Backstab when behind someone and Savage when not.
    After huge success with it, i decided to weave Puncture into it aswell for combo building.

cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike

I use this after breaking stealth with Jagged Strike/Assassinate.
    Sure. You loose some control over your abilities, but can faceroll assassin combo skills with 1 key.

So my question is: Is this a good idea? Bad? Does anyone use anything similar?
    And can i put Foul Play in there somewhere, or would that be a bit over the top?
    "How many loaves have ye?" -Jesus

If you're adding abilities with cooldowns to a macro then make sure they are put on the action bar somewhere so you can monitor the CD. I personally put it on the third action bar so it's out of the way but you can easily give it a keybind with a crtl or shift mod.

I have one main Assassin PvP Macro bound to my E key so I can easily spam it with my left index finger:

#show Savage Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    (since you have a 51 build you can toss in Serpent Strike too)

The cooldowns there are Poison Malice and Puncture. I have Puncture bound to ctrl+E and Poison Malice bound to Z so I can hit them off rotation if needed.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by FM101 View Post
    I usually click my skills manually, and have never been a fan of macros making faceroll classes.
    But noticed how Serpent Strike worked wonders when macroed to my other skills since its an instant skill with no gcd.
    Things happen pretty fast in PvP, so the easier you can make it the better, i guess.

So i decided to play around with it some more and merged my Savage strike/Serpent Strike combo with Backstab.
    I now Backstab when behind someone and Savage when not.
    After huge success with it, i decided to weave Puncture into it aswell for combo building.

cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike

I use this after breaking stealth with Jagged Strike/Assassinate.
    Sure. You loose some control over your abilities, but can faceroll assassin combo skills with 1 key.

So my question is: Is this a good idea? Bad? Does anyone use anything similar?
    And can i put Foul Play in there somewhere, or would that be a bit over the top?
    So if you use that macro is does Puncture and if it's still on cool down it does savage strike instead? thats freakin sick .___.

I use something very similar for PvP. I wouldn't put Puncture in there if it was a PvE macro, because you don't want it to cast that at 4 CP's and I waste one. But for PvP you're right, things move fast. I also have points in Nightblade, so I have Fiery Spike thrown in at the end.

#show Puncture
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

So in other words, if I'm behind someone it Backstabs, if I'm in front it Strikes, and if they get out of melee range it Fiery Spikes so I can keep building up CP's till I get close enough again. As for Foul Play, I suppose you could combine all of your stuns and CC's, but I like using them differently in situations.
    "I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it."

Interesting how you make more than one ability work in current macro system?
    EU >> Cloudbourne >> Rogue >> Rank 6

don't tell me I found it
    Last edited by abix; 03-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    EU >> Cloudbourne >> Rogue >> Rank 6

The only reason it works is because you have a mix of abilities with cooldowns and abilities that require you be in one of three different spots - in front of a target, behind, or at range. Since Fiery Spike will work in melee range I put it last so that I only cast it when something gets away or I am trying to avoid aoe for a few secs.
    "I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it."

snc
    Rift Disciple

The game doesn't like when you put backstab and savage strikes on the same button just so you know. Many times you will press it and it will fire neither ability thus making you not spend energy very quickly. You should always manually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    The game doesn't like when you put backstab and savage strikes on the same button just so you know. Many times you will press it and it will fire neither ability thus making you not spend energy very quickly. You should always manually do it.
    I've never seen that happen. Only time it would is if you don't have energy.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

+ Reply to Thread