+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please compare Ranger Builds

Telaran

Default Please compare Ranger Builds

This is the build I'm using now:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0c.yGsfuekckVz

This is the build I'm thinking of using:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fuekcz0z.0VMcb

The con to the new build seems to be reduced pet damage and survivability, but weighing the gains in DPS.

This is my current attack macro:

cast Piercing Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Quick Shot

From what I've seen Shadow Fire doesn't seem to significantly increase DPS when combined with Rapid Fire Shot, especially with the two second cast, so planning on removing that form the macro. Otherwise, same basic macro for single target, use Rapid Fire Shot and Head Shot for buffing at 5 combo points, then Deadeye Shot for DPS. I also plan on replacing Quick Shot with Barb Shot.

For AoE groups, I generally spam Trick Shot, using the combo points for Rapid Fire Shot and Head Shot as well.

I know Virulent Poison works off range attacks and currently assume Lethal Poison does as well, but have not yet tested it.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Plane Touched

I find 10 points in NB for the combo point/finisher passive dps bonuses to be far more useful than anything assassin has to offer when in ranged spec.

I also don't see the benefit of going deep enough into ranger to get the raptor pet, since all I need is for the boar to hold the target while I drop pedestal and crit them down with MM.

Telaran

This is a PvE build for dungeons (forgot to mention) which is why I'm not going for the boar, but the raptor.

Thanks for the tip on the Nightblade. I was using Assassin for the serrated blades, but missed it doesn't affect range. Tried out Nightblade, and working much better.

Shield of Telara

if you are trying to be a ranged rogue and putting points in marks you only lower your DPS it has been tested and proven time and time and time again... the 51/15/0 ranger nightblade assassin build is the highest DPS ranged rogue that is not broken. Without 51 points in ranger your pet will die at the higher end content to a boss fart, and what every small dummy DPS might be gained by the 31 build will be lost because your pet won't live in most encounter and will drop your DPS by a ton...

keep trying to fool yourself that marks is in any useful in any aspect of the game... the PvP QQ from beta 7 made sure that that it was nerfed into uselessness

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xzaral View Post
    This is a PvE build for dungeons (forgot to mention) which is why I'm not going for the boar, but the raptor.

Thanks for the tip on the Nightblade. I was using Assassin for the serrated blades, but missed it doesn't affect range. Tried out Nightblade, and working much better.
    Serrated Blades did affect ranged weapons in the last beta, but it was removed at headstart/live.

What I'm finding in dungeons is the pet is more of a pain than anything, so I prefer the boar for CC. I know folks who prefer the raptor, but I'm loving the swift combo point setup and deadeye crits in MM personally.

Anyway, glad that NB was helpful.

+ Reply to Thread