+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pets - Query about use of each

Soulwalker

Default Ranger Pets - Query about use of each

As a question to those who use all of the pets I'm curious as to what the reasoning is behind each.

I'm currently level 28 and am Bard/Riftstalker/Ranger ...and when I got enough points into Ranger for the Wolf I was fairly excited. However upon summoning it I see that based on the stats it seems that having the razorboar is still far more valuable.

Boar has 300 more hp and 800 more armor...and all the other stats are essentially the same between the two. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Jctop; 03-26-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Soulwalker

The boar is a tanking pet, hence the higher hp and armor aswell as the threat generating attacks, whereas the wolf/dire wolf are both dps pets. Both have their uses.

dont forget the blood raptor which more dps pounding pet if u willing put pt into it

Soulwalker

That is what I was figuring...I don't however see much difference in the attacking abilities as far as damage is concerned...does the wolf and raptor just not generate as much threat and/or attack faster?

from what i can tell they not ment to push any threat there basiclly for raiding where u have tank to get threat so pet and u just dps!

Soulwalker

Interesting. Having played pet classes in several other MMO's I just found it odd that while obvious the boar is meant to be the tank pet...I had figured that the other pets would have different stats allocated to distinguish and augment their preferential use as straight dps pets.

well true like wow the boar/bear type pet tanks and the wolf/raptor pet dps they have diferent skills but i havent found reason to choose either much except i spec the raptor being a 31 pt getter would have advantage! wish it was like wow where u tamed what u wanted to use!mean like one gives a buff other does somethign esle for other sitation!

found out somethign useful as stated before boar is for tnaking raptor is dps pve pet and wolf i found out is for dmg pvp cuz healing reduction debuff he uses!

Soulwalker

Boar pets are for tanking, with the taunts and HP.

Wolf pet is like, utility raid/group/pvp pet, with attack power debuff, and heal debuff later.

Raptor is plain DPS.

Both wolf and raptor make the target bleed through their auto actions which is nice for the +15% pet damage.

+ Reply to Thread