+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whos running this show <Blizzard> ??

Thumbs down Whos running this show <Blizzard> ??

I posted this on a reply to another thread but im making my own simply because the upcoming patch changes to my favorite class, is just BULL.

Oh great , another game that listens to the cryers on the forums and ruins a class so its unplayable to even be competative in PVP or PVE.

This isnt balance or even tweeking the sabotour class. Its bad enough you already nerfed them befor the game came out, multiple times i might add.

Now your just going to ruin the class all together. I mean COME ON, do you realize how hard it is to get 5 charges off befor your DEAD or almost DEAD in PVP, and you havent even done 1 single point of DAMAGE yet, and just to get the max from your LONG SETUP time to get the 5 charges while trying to live through instant stuns, instant roots, instant dot application, instant knockbacks, and a crap load of other mess, oh and did i mention i believe our charges can be CLEANSED TO? oh that doesnt add setup time now does it? HOLY CRAP BALLS.

Dont give me that crap about rapid setup either, unless your going to make that one no cooloff for sabotours, like you do for heals on alot of other classes.

Just GETOFF the sabotours BACK and stop screwing up the class. If anything when you take something away, how about GIVE US something usefull instead of making the crap we do have, nerfed into uselessness and giving us NOTHING.

Thats it keep messing up and do your so called ADJUSTMENTS, until people are sick of having to change to play something that wasnt there favorite class and force them to play it. Then youll find yourselfs with empy zones and you can nerf all you want until the game fails and closes like many others do because of stupid decisions.

Plane Touched

This, ladies and gents, is the Nr 1 rule of playing an MMO: Your class is op, mine sucks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    I posted this on a reply to another thread but im making my own simply because the upcoming patch changes to my favorite class, is just BULL.

Oh great , another game that listens to the cryers on the forums and ruins a class so its unplayable to even be competative in PVP or PVE.

This isnt balance or even tweeking the sabotour class. Its bad enough you already nerfed them befor the game came out, multiple times i might add.

Now your just going to ruin the class all together. I mean COME ON, do you realize how hard it is to get 5 charges off befor your DEAD or almost DEAD in PVP, and you havent even done 1 single point of DAMAGE yet, and just to get the max from your LONG SETUP time to get the 5 charges while trying to live through instant stuns, instant roots, instant dot application, instant knockbacks, and a crap load of other mess, oh and did i mention i believe our charges can be CLEANSED TO? oh that doesnt add setup time now does it? HOLY CRAP BALLS.

Dont give me that crap about rapid setup either, unless your going to make that one no cooloff for sabotours, like you do for heals on alot of other classes.

Just GETOFF the sabotours BACK and stop screwing up the class. If anything when you take something away, how about GIVE US something usefull instead of making the crap we do have, nerfed into uselessness and giving us NOTHING.

Thats it keep messing up and do your so called ADJUSTMENTS, until people are sick of having to change to play something that wasnt there favorite class and force them to play it. Then youll find yourselfs with empy zones and you can nerf all you want until the game fails and closes like many others do because of stupid decisions.
    Sabs are way to OP. so much so i leveled one just to own people in pvp. I made a macro You got sabbed boy

did it for every kill, lets just say i spammed it 20-30 times a warfront. my team loved it cause i would piss the other team off so much i would have fanbois chasing me down every game just to kill me

btw i could one shot anyone almost

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujin View Post
    Sabs are way to OP. so much so i leveled one just to own people in pvp. I made a macro You got sabbed boy

did it for every kill, lets just say i spammed it 20-30 times a warfront. my team loved it cause i would piss the other team off so much i would have fanbois chasing me down every game just to kill me

Sabs are OP in the lower levels because most people don't know what is going on. End game at 50 sabs are pretty weak. Also...

Pre Patch Parses;
    Rogue Sabs (highest rogue dps): 750 dps
    Rogue Other callings: 550-650 dps
    Mages: 700 dps
    Warriors: 1.2k+ dps
    Clerics: 800 dps

Post Patch Parses are showing;
    Rogues: 550-650 dps
    Mages (necro/warlock): 900+ dps
    Warriors (paragon): 900+ dps
    Cleric: 800 dps
    Last edited by Kabooom; 03-26-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Default i agree

this is just like ghostcrawler does to any class the pvp masses cant beat! peep no longer learn to play there class they expect game heads to nerf the one who they cant beat!even if sab is op i see range one shot them and clerics who know what look for aka charge can hot them selves up thru our dmg so they wont die ever! as for warrior they getting nerf stick to! i wish there was way balance without nerfing anything like say bring all the less op classes up to lvl of op class maybe! just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujin View Post

Yeah its fun to get big numbers, but unless that persons already been damaged and lost like half there life, and thats counting your lvl versus there lvl and count also the fact if they are in plate or cloth, your not 1 shotting ANYONE in this game from the get go.

Setup time is something all sabos have and your not going to get around that unless you blow your rapid setup which is of corse on a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    this is just like ghostcrawler does to any class the pvp masses cant beat! peep no longer learn to play there class they expect game heads to nerf the one who they cant beat!even if sab is op i see range one shot them and clerics who know what look for aka charge can hot them selves up thru our dmg so they wont die ever! as for warrior they getting nerf stick to! i wish there was way balance without nerfing anything like say bring all the less op classes up to lvl of op class maybe! just a thought
    I agree. Why not just boost the souls you think are weak? i mean stop toning down and taking away and just give the cryers some power and maybe just MAYBE youll see MORE of the newly buffed souls being played.

You know, if you keep cutting on a tree, eventually the damn thing will just die. Like most of these games when they start down the balance, tweak, nerf road.
    Last edited by BlackLotus; 03-26-2011 at 07:36 AM.

So the range is changed back? hmmmm

I agree. Why not just boost the souls you think are weak? i mean stop toning down and taking away and just give the cryers some power and maybe just MAYBE youll see MORE of the newly buffed souls being played.

You know, if you keep cutting on a tree, eventually the damn thing will just die. Like most of these games when they start down the balance, tweak, nerf road.
    Because as much as PvPers hate it the classes also need to be a balanced around PvE. Trion has made it clear they are LOATH to start having different rulesets. As such they are going to look at the classes and what they can do. They are then going to look at the PvE encounters. They are then going to see what they can do to address an imbalance that does NOT require returning the PvE instances and raids because that's 1000 times more time consuming than adjusting a few souls. Usually this results in a class getting a nerfed UNLESS a specific class is simply clearly underpowered and FOTM class in PvP gets nerfed to bring balance between classes without messing with the balance of scripted PvE encounters. It's been like this since beta 1. When you don't know what Trion is going to do, it's the effect on PvE wihich will determine whether they nerf a class or buff several classes, even if the initial concern was raised in the context of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Because as much as PvPers hate it the classes also need to be a balanced around PvE. Trion has made it clear they are LOATH to start having different rulesets. As such they are going to look at the classes and what they can do. They are then going to look at the PvE encounters. They are then going to see what they can do to address an imbalance that does NOT require returning the PvE instances and raids because that's 1000 times more time consuming than adjusting a few souls. Usually this results in a class getting a nerfed UNLESS a specific class is simply clearly underpowered and FOTM class in PvP gets nerfed to bring balance between classes without messing with the balance of scripted PvE encounters. It's been like this since beta 1. When you don't know what Trion is going to do, it's the effect on PvE wihich will determine whether they nerf a class or buff several classes, even if the initial concern was raised in the context of PvP.
    You have lost your mind if you think these nerfs are from a PVE standpoint. The devs half the time from there own words clearly state that something is downgraded because of the PVP value of it and that it was just to powerful.

The point im trying to make is that i personally DONT THINK Sabo's are OP. I said it once already and i'll say it again. The setup time is long to get 5 charges off befor you do any damage to someone at all. I have yet to see anyone get one shotted from full health, and THAT in itself is the whole theory of being one shotted. It means your butt better have ALL your HP and if you die after 1 hit then ERGO youve just been PWNED.

These changes dont have a damn thing to do with PVE AT ALL. They are stemming from PVP battles and the fact that most of the time, as example in the BG's, they fail to notice the sabo applying bombs and the enemy group takes a cluster bomb to the face. After they see 3 or 4 of there people hit the floor since they was already low life, then they CRY oHHHH sabos way to OP.

They hear the big BOOM then in there thinking OMFG that was HUGE , 4 or 5 of our guys just croaked. COME ON gimmi a break.

I play a Sabo so i know how to work him , but then i made a warrior and a cleric. I PVP with all 3 of them and when i come upon a Sabo while im playing my cleric or warrior, well hell i know how to handle them and they die just the same.

Learn to play the class and then learn your OWN class, and stop crying OP and nerf all the damn time.

Soulwalker

I lol'd at this thread title. Are you really trying to insult Trion by comparing them to the company that has the most wildly successful MMO of all time? I'm sure Trion would love to run their game so "badly" that they have 12 million subscribers six years after launch.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooom View Post
    Sabs are OP in the lower levels because most people don't know what is going on. End game at 50 sabs are pretty weak. Also...

Pre Patch Parses;
    Rogue Sabs (highest rogue dps): 750 dps
    Rogue Other callings: 550-650 dps
    Warriors: 1.2k+ dps
    Clerics: 800 dps

Rogues: 550-650 dps
    Warriors (paragon): 900+ dps
    Cleric: 800 dps
    What it should be showing;
    Rogues: 800 dps
    Warriors (paragon): 550-650 dps
    Cleric: 550-650 dps

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    What it should be showing;
    Rogues: 800 dps
    Warriors (paragon): 550-650 dps
    Cleric: 550-650 dps
    This seems much more on. Most Sabs I know lost about 200 dps on alpha which drops them out of the 1k range and good NB and Sins definitely were doing over 650 dps once geared out even on live and I haven't noticed any nerfs to those classes unless they were stealthed into alpha.

Sword of Telara

Kabooom you are constantly throwing this DPS chart up without ever linking a source to it. And like others have asked, where are you getting these highly suspect numbers from?

I can make numbers out of thin air too and throw em around hoping they stick to a wall somewhere eventually and get perpetuated for no reason.

Lets start with...

Pre Patch Parses;
    Rogue Sabs (highest rogue dps): 1600 dps
    Rogue Other callings: 850 dps
    Warriors: 3billion dps
    Clerics: 600dps

Rogues: 5 dps
    Mages (necro/warlock): 1.8trillion dps
    Warriors (paragon): 1.89 trillion dps
    Cleric: 4dps

The obsurdity of my numbers comes not in the numbers themselves, but that like yours there's nothing backing them up.

Soulwalker

You have lost your mind if you think these nerfs are from a PVE standpoint. The devs half the time from there own words clearly state that something is downgraded because of the PVP value of it and that it was just to powerful.

The point im trying to make is that i personally DONT THINK Sabo's are OP. I said it once already and i'll say it again. The setup time is long to get 5 charges off befor you do any damage to someone at all. I have yet to see anyone get one shotted from full health, and THAT in itself is the whole theory of being one shotted. It means your butt better have ALL your HP and if you die after 1 hit then ERGO youve just been PWNED.

These changes dont have a damn thing to do with PVE AT ALL. They are stemming from PVP battles and the fact that most of the time, as example in the BG's, they fail to notice the sabo applying bombs and the enemy group takes a cluster bomb to the face. After they see 3 or 4 of there people hit the floor since they was already low life, then they CRY oHHHH sabos way to OP.

They hear the big BOOM then in there thinking OMFG that was HUGE , 4 or 5 of our guys just croaked. COME ON gimmi a break.

I play a Sabo so i know how to work him , but then i made a warrior and a cleric. I PVP with all 3 of them and when i come upon a Sabo while im playing my cleric or warrior, well hell i know how to handle them and they die just the same.

Learn to play the class and then learn your OWN class, and stop crying OP and nerf all the damn time.

In a PvP situation, especially codex, Applying those 5 charges in the mix of things isnt that difficult.
    They need a nerf plain and simple. I am only level 25 atm, but i am getting crits on me for over 1200 damage. At that level I only have around 1800ish HP...Can you honestly say there isnt anything wrong with that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast