+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards and Greater Essences

Rift Disciple

Default Bards and Greater Essences

So usually rogues are Physical damage masters and the choice of a greater essence is pretty clear. However the bard isnt physical but uses physical stats to improve its abilities. So do bards want to choose greater essences that are based on physical abilities or spell abilities.. or even healing abilities?

Soulwalker

Bumping this.

I have been testing now past days to see what actually works, and so far the one that makes your healing abilties add a healing thingie more on targets works splending and proccs like a mf. love it.

but nothing else procs.

I know what I want. but there are quite litterary no trinkets (almost) or other greater essences that works for bards :P

by this, the attacks a bard do are no Physical, nor are they Spell. I did however find out that if standing in melee range sometimes auto attacks procc the "your physical damaging abilities" essences. but its only when you are meleeing them.

so adding my question is also:

Cadence, coda of wrath and fury etc, what is the damage caused? the abilities say "weapon + " damage. so hinting they are physical, yet at the same time not? help?

Soulwalker

Just use 1x Greater and 1x Lesser in the 2nd greater slot, then get yourself a Sacred Heirloom of Eth.
    You can now actually do some healing.

Telaran

Get a shoe as was said. Drops in DSM amazing for bards. Probably the best thing you can get. The next thing you want is the chance on healing to proc the HOT greater planar. That thing is very awesome and the epic one will be amazing. Finally, right now a lesser is probably your best bet but starting in 1.1 which is next week sometime, there will be a greater purchasable for 50 epic source stones. This greater increases the healing on your coda of resto by 70. It averages out to be more than the stats you get from the lesser if you use coda quite regularly.

I'm going to be making a central bard thread between tonight and tomorrow. Try and consolidate thoughts and ideas and correct anything I say if I'm wrong in there.
    Christwo, Rogue
    <stay small NERDS>, Best bard in the world
    The way the best bards play.
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4...ayriftbard.jpg
    After my recent River of Souls conquest, I have made a record of my great success.

Cadence, Coda of Wrath / Fury, Riff and Power Chord are all Non-Physical damaging attacks - If you want proof, go in game, attack a dummy with those spells a few times, remember what the abilities were hitting for, do so again, but with the non-physical debuff, notice the increase in all the abilities damage, you can try again with the physical dmg debuff, but it does nothing for us, unless we are auto-attacking . Hopefully I've helped in anyway possible
    also, can confirm that physical hitting essences are next to worthless for us - still to test on spell, but if what others here have said than we've got a lot to chose from don't we!?
    Last edited by Waananii; 03-26-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Telaran

Posted a bard information summary on what I know here

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Bard-Thread%29

If you know anything else / what to contribute please do! It will be nice to have all the known information in one place.
    Christwo, Rogue
    <stay small NERDS>, Best bard in the world
    The way the best bards play.
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4...ayriftbard.jpg
    After my recent River of Souls conquest, I have made a record of my great success.

+ Reply to Thread