+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Question for Assassin's] Savage Strike VS Backstab

MGZ
    Soulwalker

Question [Question for Assassin's] Savage Strike VS Backstab

So I've been wondering about Savage Strike versus Backstab. Both cost 30 Energy to use, difference is Savage strike can be use on targets facing you and back stab can only be used behind, and it seems like backstab does more damage then savage strike. My question is wouldn't it be better to use Backstab as a main ability to rack up combo points instead of Savage Strike because how I look at, when your going to DPS you will always be attacking from behind, so position isn't really an issue.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MGZ View Post
    So I've been wondering about Savage Strike versus Backstab. Both cost 30 Energy to use, difference is Savage strike can be use on targets facing you and back stab can only be used behind, and it seems like backstab does more damage then savage strike. My question is wouldn't it be better to use Backstab as a main ability to rack up combo points instead of Savage Strike because how I look at, when your going to DPS you will always be attacking from behind, so position isn't really an issue.
    No. Stick with savage.

Backstab is pretty much a crap ability. My savage strike consistantly does 50-100 damage more than it on crits. My backstabs crit for about 475ish ... my savage strike crits for 550ish.

Personally, I would prefer to see backstab's damage increased substantially, and a cooldown added to make it more of a big-hitter ability. Either that or keep damage as it is and add a silence or disrupt of some kind to it.

Plane Walker

Just get both

Do a macro like this:

cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike

This allows you to use backstab if you behind target, else you use savage.

I didn't do any math but backstab just felt weaker to me, mobs seem to drop faster with savage. I think I get more white damage with savage too, seem to be more off-hand and AA hits.

Well, backstab is supposed to be way stronger, the problem is that attack power is utter garbage all around.

Telaran

backstab scaling is broken.
    that's just it , when it's fixed it will do much more dmg

Soulwalker

I use the macro so it uses backstab if I'm behind them, savage if I'm not.

quick question about the macro though. Is there any way to make it so the error 'you must be standing behind them' doesn't show up since backstab is the first in the first in the cast order?

Soulwalker

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Allideth View Post
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    Remember the #show backstab

+ Reply to Thread