+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Bug] Dropping stealth "randomly" from quest triggers

Default [Bug] Dropping stealth "randomly" from quest triggers

I've seen a few posts about the random dropping stealth bug (went back 6 pages but couldnt find any now from the patch 1.1 complaints )

Anyhow I accidently discovered something that breaks my stealth for no reason in Shimmersand, quest: "Behind their eyes, a storm" where you free mind controlled traders. You have to take them to 50%, use an item and then they run off to despawn some 20m from you.

Now if I stealth after I've used the item on them but befpre the mob despawns I will drop out of stealth. Every time! No dots or any debuff on me. If I wait for them to despawn I can stealth without dropping out of it. This is 100% reproducible.

My theory is that there are a bug with quest objectives that makes you drop stealth because of some trigger. Otherwise I see no reason for you to drop stealth because of a despawning NPC.

Made a ticket about it but I thought I'd share and see if there's any other quests that makes stealth behave like this?

Found the same behaviour in another quest in Shimmersand: Universal Controller

I've seen that as well, I just assumed that was normal. But it does 'bug me.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Automark View Post
    I've seen that as well, I just assumed that was normal. But it does 'bug me.
    I wouldnt call it normal, dropping stealth because a quest NPC despawns? No, it's an oversight or a bug imho.

It happens if you get rift loot too. It used to annoy the crap out of me when I had to leave a rift that I opened because of elites or defiants, only to have my stealth drop when someone closed the rift later and my rift loot popped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Hopefully this doesn't apply to all quests, including zone quests...
    [Insert witty comment here, followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    It happens if you get rift loot too. It used to annoy the crap out of me when I had to leave a rift that I opened because of elites or defiants, only to have my stealth drop when someone closed the rift later and my rift loot popped up.
    the man speaks the truth

Rift Chaser

Happens when you go up a rep level too ;)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    It happens if you get rift loot too.
    It's not the loot, it's when you gain Planar Charge, which is what the orb-like things that drop on everybody are. I've had it where all I did was open a tear as I was going by and then a while later somebody closed the rift, the orb dropped and I popped out of stealth.
    Last edited by drakhon; 03-27-2011 at 12:14 AM.

So basically there are alot of game triggers that counts as some sort of non-stealth action that in turn breaks our stealth.

Ran into another NPC-despawn destealthing in Stillmoor with a quest where you "cured" Defiant werewolves so they could take revenge.

Anyone know if this has been fixed yet? I havent had a chance to test it again.

Still alot of threads about people dropping stealth so I dont think this bug has been fixed yet.

+ Reply to Thread