+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassinate Ability

Soulwalker

Default Assassinate Ability

This is just useless. I seem to notice Paralyzing Strike crit FAR more than Assassinate, and even if that doesn't crit I get a stun. I don't know how many of you actually use this, but I find it to be worthless in PvE and PvP.

Why would you use Paralyzing Strike over Jagged Strike? Assassinate might not seem so shiny once you start getting other stealth openers, but I still use it offensively when I Slip Away to do additional damage to the enemy. I tend to open with Jagged Strike and do my typical rotation, then Slip Away and perform an Assassinate closer to the end of the fight. It ends up critically hitting for 1400-ish more often than not.

Its still pretty terrible, should do at least the damage of a final blow.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Absconditus View Post
    Why would you use Paralyzing Strike over Jagged Strike? Assassinate might not seem so shiny once you start getting other stealth openers, but I still use it offensively when I Slip Away to do additional damage to the enemy. I tend to open with Jagged Strike and do my typical rotation, then Slip Away and perform an Assassinate closer to the end of the fight. It ends up critically hitting for 1400-ish more often than not.
    ^

Jagged as opener. Opening with a paralyze is pointless in most cases, especially since you need to build your bleeds on them before your damage really leaves a dent.

If a quick stun is needed for healers or high-risk targets, jagged -> foul play -> puncture-> impale, works just as well. And if they are a healer, a slip away(should have 2 CP already) -> paralyzing strike -> final blow, is usually enough to finish them off on top of the bleeds ticking(if an assassinate would not kill them immediately).

---
    As far as the actual concern of the OP. It would be nice if it consistently did around the damage of a good final blow crit with maybe a small heal debuff. Throwing more damage at it I don't think is a good idea, but it needs something to make it worth using often.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-25-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Telaran

Jagged, Puncture, 5 point impale, slip away, stun, BS, BS, BS, BS (throw a serpent strike), final blow, Foul Play, more BS!

60% of the time, works every time!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusfreek View Post
    Jagged, Puncture, 5 point impale, slip away, stun, BS, BS, BS, BS (throw a serpent strike), final blow, Foul Play, more BS!

60% of the time, works every time!

mmmm is that sex panther your wearing?

+ Reply to Thread