+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bards and Spell Power.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default Bards and Spell Power.

    Has anyone tested a full Cloth set to see if the Spell Power and Int increases our Life damage spells?

    Seeing as Life is classed as a Spell damage, I would assume that Spell Power and Int would increase the overall damage, so would it be liable to run a full Cloth set in PvE?

  2. #2
    Telaran Waananii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    No. Our damage AND heals is increased by AP, Motif of Regen might be affected by SP... possibly
    If you want, run a DPS / Heal parse with no buffs, run one with the Wis / Int buff, and again with the Str / Dex buff. If the Wis / Int increases our damage significantly more than that of the Str / Dex than it may be beneficial to use cloth, but I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Waananii; 03-25-2011 at 09:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple abix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    99

    Default

    You have base physical damage and only this can be improved
    EU >> Cloudbourne >> Rogue >> Rank 6

  4. #4
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abix View Post
    You have base physical damage and only this can be improved
    This is what I dno't understand.

    We have passive abilities from certain soul tree's that increase non-physical damage which effects Bard skills, but you're saying that physical base damage is all we have?

    So basically no one has any real solid info on what really effects a bards skills?

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    This is what I dno't understand.

    We have passive abilities from certain soul tree's that increase non-physical damage which effects Bard skills, but you're saying that physical base damage is all we have?

    So basically no one has any real solid info on what really effects a bards skills?
    We're rogues, Physical Crit and "Attack Power" affect our abilities, all of our abilities. The same goes for Warriors as well. Some abilities may do fire, life, or death damage, but Physical Crit and Attack Power affect them all.

    Spell power and Spell Critical hit are only for Clerics and Mages.

    That's it, that's the way it works.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 03-26-2011 at 02:06 AM.

    Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    We're rogues, Physical Crit and "Attack Power" affect our abilities, all of our abilities. The same goes for Warriors as well. Some abilities may do fire, life, or death damage, but Physical Crit and Attack Power affect them all.

    Spell power and Spell Critical hit are only for Clerics and Mages.

    That's it, that's the way it works.
    This. It seems like an inconsistency BUT while cadance, fury etc are non-physical damage, and are buffed by the NB ability that increases non-physical damage, they use AP and physical crit chance. Why because bards are rogues and dex/str are their primary stats. The dev waved a wand and made it so. To accomplish a similar thing for melee dps cleric they gave them a passive buff that turns spell crit and power into phys crit and power.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts