+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slip Away

Default Slip Away

The recent post by Sweet states that the Trion team feels that Slip Away doesn't work due to queued skills.

It's actually "broken" because since every soul has a DoT/Bleed of some sort. Once you hit Slip Away you're stealthed and immune to damage for 3 seconds... but DoTs/Bleeds last for much longer and the first tick after the 3 second immunity is the culprit.

Slip Away just needs to dispell all damaging effects as well as place the Rogue into stealth/immunity.

I thought this was very blatantly obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    The recent post by Sweet states that the Trion team feels that Slip Away doesn't work due to queued skills.

It's actually "broken" because since every soul has a DoT/Bleed of some sort. Once you hit Slip Away you're stealthed and immune to damage for 3 seconds... but DoTs/Bleeds last for much longer and the first tick after the 3 second immunity is the culprit.

Slip Away just needs to dispell all damaging effects as well as place the Rogue into stealth/immunity.

Imho, it seems like if there were no bleeds to break slip away it would just make assassins immortal. However, with my rogue I put 10 points into Infiltrator for the buff that removes all harmful magical effects (I.E. DoTs). Just pop that and then slip away and your out for good. If your under level 50 then... uhh...
    Divix
    <Like Hell Were Dead> -- PVP/Griefing Guild - Not recruiting!

Rogue
    _________
    Nightblade
    Assassin
    Bard

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post

Slip away should not remove DoTs. It's not nor meant to be a guaranteed get-out-of-jail card. Throwing a DoT on a stealther is a primary strategy to combat them.

And no, this isn't the cause. Slip away many times doesn't put you into stealth at all(ie breaks instantly), that's the problem, not slip away breaking on damage, as it should.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Rift Disciple too_legit_to_rift's Avatar

I would gladly settle for a slip away that actually just let you turn stealth 100% of the time.

I have no issues with dots ticking after the three second timer, because that is what veil is for, however what bothers me is *attempting* to use slip away only to be standing there quite visible with the 3 second damage immunity buff still on you.

Plane Touched

Are there people who are putting 31 points into assassin and not getting hidden veil?

Unless you mean NB/sins, and it's obviously intended.
    Last edited by Bakara; 03-25-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by too_legit_to_rift View Post
    I would gladly settle for a slip away that actually just let you turn stealth 100% of the time.

I have no issues with dots ticking after the three second timer, because that is what veil is for, however what bothers me is *attempting* to use slip away only to be standing there quite visible with the 3 second damage immunity buff still on you.
    That's because you were hitting the target with auto attack almost instantly after slip away was used. They've already addressed that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Divix View Post
    Imho, it seems like if there were no bleeds to break slip away it would just make assassins immortal. However, with my rogue I put 10 points into Infiltrator for the buff that removes all harmful magical effects (I.E. DoTs). Just pop that and then slip away and your out for good. If your under level 50 then... uhh...
    If you silence an Assassin, no Slip Away.

Check this post: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...41#post1865541

This is what they said...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    What we think is happening here most of the time is if you have an ability queued up via the short or long ability queues it will fire off after slip away which then of course breaks you out of stealth. We do of course want to fix this and in the meantime you can try a macro like:

#show Slip Away
    targetexact <charactername>
    cast Slip Away

for example if I was playing as Sweet I would use

#show Slip Away
    targetexact Sweet
    cast Slip Away

You can even try throwing in a "targetlasttarget" at the end if you really want to.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    Slip away should not remove DoTs. It's not nor meant to be a guaranteed get-out-of-jail card. Throwing a DoT on a stealther is a primary strategy to combat them.

And no, this isn't the cause. Slip away many times doesn't put you into stealth at all(ie breaks instantly), that's the problem, not slip away breaking on damage, as it should.
    This. As a rogue who really wants assassin to be competitive in PvP, making Slip Away remove DoTs word be horrible. You should have to use your brain when activating your abilities.

+ Reply to Thread