+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there hope?

Soulwalker

Unhappy Is there hope?

I've been level 50 for going on two weeks now. I meet the requirements for T1/T2 dungeons and rift raids. The only problem? I can never get a group for anything!

I have a bard build for support and both a MM and Sab build for DPS, so I can fulfill both roles. I ask my guild if anyone wants to do experts and I usually get ignored or the usual "Full group. Try again later". Then I ask in the level 50 and LFG channels with no responses. I even whisper people who are looking for expert dungeon groups saying that I would join them, but I never get a response.

Even while I was leveling up, I barely ever found a group. Now I sit in Sanctum for almost two hours every night trying to find a group. Is it that there are such a small amount of players not doing experts yet or is it that rogues get no love? I've been thinking about rerolling, but until I see all of the upcoming class changes, I can't make an informed decision. I don't want to be stuck playing another class that doesn't get invited to groups because other people think we're useless.

Are there any other rogues out there that feel my pain?

Shadowlander

i'm not quite where you are, being only 48, but i have kinda seen it a little. i havent had too much issue, but thats because i have a tank spec as well (which is my main spec, tbh).

from what i have heard, guardian pop is smaller then defiant pop on all servers, so that gives us fewer people to group with. the usual stigma of less tanks/healers then DPS like in all MMO's, and there's your run shortage problem : /

if your on Ashstone and on during oceanic primetime (GMT +10 8pm) i may need to hit you up once i get geared to tank em.

Soulwalker

I'm on Byriel, unfortunately.

Not trying to change the subject, but this is why I'm in support of a dungeon finder.

Shadowlander

Get with a solid guild that is populated, and you will find runs. Also don't be afraid to start a group yourself, and use /who and just whisper anyone in the levelrange of the calling you're looking for.

I played WoW prior to the dungeon finder, and I never had trouble finding a group, because if one wasn't forming, I just made my own.

Having a good guild is doubly helpful, since you can grab guildies into your runs and fill it out (or fill it up) with guildies very quickly. Don't be afraid to ask guildies for help, even if its like "hey, when you guys are done with that run, care to run one with me? I've been looking for 2 hours and haven't gotten a group yet". If they are halfway decent they should help you out, I know I would.

Also, when you do get in groups, add people to friends who are good players, then you can peruse your friends list for solid pugs in the future, and get higher quality groups that are more likely to succeed.

If you are going to form a group, just post in your level chat (Level 50 or whatever range you are in) and Meridian/Sanctum (where most people hang out between groups after level 20 or so). Then type /who. On that screen select the level range you're looking for, and the calling you're looking for, and just go down the list whispering anyone who isn't in a party or AFK and who seems like they might want to run (if they are in a warfront, probably not, etc), you will get a lot of Nos, but you will almost certainly get a few yesses as well. I normally try to find a Tank first, since people will be more inclined to join a group that already has a tank, ditto for healer. I can't tell you how many whispers I get when I post something like "LF1M DSM, Just DPS", compared to when I post "LF3M DSM, Tank + Heals + DPS".

Best of luck finding a good pug!

+ Reply to Thread