+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Experienced Raiding Melee rogues- please respond here.

Plane Walker

Default Experienced Raiding Melee rogues- please respond here.

I'm concerned because I spent about a month leveling my rogue, enjoyed the game, and right when I'm 48 and about ready to start being able to Raid, these nerfs are announced and it seems there will be no competative spec to bring to Raids.

Bards will be nerfed. Our tank was heavily nerfed. MM was nerfed in Beta and Ranger dps is nothing to write home about. Sab is going to be completely destroyed.

So that leaves our melee specs.

Anyone here have any experience with raiding with a melee rogue?

If so, did you find the dps competative? Also, how were you able to deal with bosses constantly instant AOEing?

Thanks. May the rogue be with you.

Telaran

There are no melee raiding rogues.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
    Why is there no melee raiding rogues? Too much AoE dmg to em?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
    I'm concerned because I spent about a month leveling my rogue, enjoyed the game, and right when I'm 48 and about ready to start being able to Raid, these nerfs are announced and it seems there will be no competative spec to bring to Raids.

Bards will be nerfed. Our tank was heavily nerfed. MM was nerfed in Beta and Ranger dps is nothing to write home about. Sab is going to be completely destroyed.

So that leaves our melee specs.

Anyone here have any experience with raiding with a melee rogue?

If so, did you find the dps competative? Also, how were you able to deal with bosses constantly instant AOEing?

Thanks. May the rogue be with you.
    Melee rogues are not welcome in Raids. the Damage output does not compare to ranged rogues who have zero risk in close fighting the Bosses. Its an absloute shame that trion did this i dont understand this its completely useless soul in endgame . its some fun in PVP its easy to lvl with but all the melee souls are useless compared to Sab or ranger.

Shadowlander

thats because most that try are bads and end up dead on the floor due to AoE/Cleave damage

my instance spec (assasin/nightblade/ranger) seems to work in in the 5 mans that i actually get to DPS in. might do well in raids too.

i havent really finalised it yet, so not sure on some of the points after the onces i consider "musts"

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ i see as the minimum points spent. the rest going wherever. i was thinking heat retention, but not sure if i should have C&D with slip away, or adding poison malice as well. Kinda of want to have silent footsteps too, despite it not helping for dmage (just initial positioning)

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    thats because most that try are bads and end up dead on the floor due to AoE/Cleave damage

my instance spec (assasin/nightblade/ranger) seems to work in in the 5 mans that i actually get to DPS in. might do well in raids too.

i havent really finalised it yet, so not sure on some of the points after the onces i consider "musts"

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___ i see as the minimum points spent. the rest going wherever. i was thinking heat retention, but not sure if i should have C&D with slip away, or adding poison malice as well. Kinda of want to have silent footsteps too, despite it not helping for dmage (just initial positioning)
    Thats not the issue the issue is that Ranged DPS does more damage in endgame with little risk and no jousting in and out. I do fine in 5 mans but sabs do better its the same in raiding , Sab or ranger for DPS or Bard for support MM are fillers as its is.

rogues don't raid melee because warriors do it better... alot better

rogues were saboteur or bards for raiding

after the patch it will be interesting to see what changes with this...

maybe ranged(marks/ranger) rogues will get a chance now
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by NeVeRLiFt View Post
    rogues don't raid melee because warriors do it better... alot better

rogues were saboteur or bards for raiding

after the patch it will be interesting to see what changes with this...

maybe ranged(marks/ranger) rogues will get a chance now
    noting to clap about there still leave BA and AS completely ****ed.

Plane Walker

This is not encouraging.

I have cleared all of T1 and all of T2 with a Melee Rogue. Now that being said... there ARE some fights that you CANNOT Melee. That is why we have 4 Souls. Ranger can parse 600+ given the correct Spec and I am Skeptical as to the size of the Sab Nerf for PvE. I feel that we WILL still be viable, in both Ranged and Melee.

Melee Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rfx0bodbR.V0xM
    Parsing at 680 on the Boss Dummy. I have parsed as high as 900 on Bosses with full Buffs.

Ranged Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VV0V0c.0AM0x0b
    Parsing around 590 on Boss Dummy. Parsing around 730 on Bosses with full Buffs.
    Transcend - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0xchqb0kz.V0o - Emberlord - 33 Sin/ 27 RS/ 6 Ranger

Specs:
    PvP: 33 Assassin/ 27 Rift Stalker/ 6 Ranger
    PvE Melee: 32 Assassin/ 22 Blade Dancer/ 12 Nightblade
    PvE Support: 51 Bard/ 15 Night Blade/ 0 Rift Stalker
    PvE Ranged: 30 Saboteur / 20 Assassin / 16 Ranger

lud
    Champion

Yeh there is in gs the dps was melee rogue 670 dps(gs wep), mage had 850 and the warriors(gs wep) was lower then i thought it would be it was only 1270.
    I think it's fair as rogues have stealth.

Plane Walker

we actually take melee rogues with us. but mainly becous none of our rogues like the sab spec.

and i gues our rogues are quite competent as with a nb spec and a bd spec they still do competive dps. sure they are in the middle when they go all out. (so they do lack some behind and are just above the undergeared and slackers).

we will still run with 1 bard. i seriously don't see a reason to take 2. and the reason to take that 1 bard is going down fast. (they still got the movement speed buff and the all stat buff from motives)

all in all melee rogue needs some love. and again we just don't have a rogue that plays ranger or marksman dunno why but we just don't have many rogue's. it is even come down to a point that we have issue's recruiting rogues.

i'm the only rogue intrested in tanking. tough the others just laugh at me and keep pointing out that i don't get gear for it (it just doesn't drop) and for plaques my focus is on my dps spec as its my main spec.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    we actually take melee rogues with us. but mainly becous none of our rogues like the sab spec.

and i gues our rogues are quite competent as with a nb spec and a bd spec they still do competive dps. sure they are in the middle when they go all out. (so they do lack some behind and are just above the undergeared and slackers).

we will still run with 1 bard. i seriously don't see a reason to take 2. and the reason to take that 1 bard is going down fast. (they still got the movement speed buff and the all stat buff from motives)

all in all melee rogue needs some love. and again we just don't have a rogue that plays ranger or marksman dunno why but we just don't have many rogue's. it is even come down to a point that we have issue's recruiting rogues.

i'm the only rogue intrested in tanking. tough the others just laugh at me and keep pointing out that i don't get gear for it (it just doesn't drop) and for plaques my focus is on my dps spec as its my main spec.
    Good to hear your guild is giving away carring spots to rogues seeing a undergeared good warrior would out dps your geared rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkeries View Post
    Good to hear your guild is giving away carring spots to rogues seeing a undergeared good warrior would out dps your geared rogues.
    Not everybody plays this game from a min-max standpoint.
    But why waste a good troll, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkeries View Post
    Reguard;ess of the Delivery Worf his opinion holds alot of truth. just because your guild gives the spots out to Medicore DPS does not mean the number crunching and guilds that struggle with content will never give those spots out to Melee rogues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast