+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instead of complaining about the rogue 'nerfs'...

Default Instead of complaining about the rogue 'nerfs'...

Why not do some testing, comparison and study on rogues and come up with some constructive recommendations on how their damage output might slightly be buffed so that they remain viable?

Quote Originally Posted by jjshew View Post
    Why not do some testing, comparison and study on rogues and come up with some constructive recommendations on how their damage output might slightly be buffed so that they remain viable?
    heres a thought.

all these rouges that say they are gonna quit and whine and crap. they wont quit.

they are addicts who just want their fix.

they arnt going anywhere.

but i do agree if you **** an OP class like sabo, you might need to tweek a few things with other rouge classes to even stuff out a little bit.

Champion

I'm a sab and I've said for weeks a big nerf would need to come. It was pathetic to watch all the sabs in denial that it was giong to happen.

My position is Trion doesn't just need to bring Sabs down a notch. The real goal is to balance the souls so that every soul can be a primary soul in a give role. If another soul is only getting used 2% of the time while the sab soul is used 12% of the time then it will take more than just a small nerf to change. People will try to hold on to their sab souls so in order to encourage players into these other souls for a while perhaps the sab needs to be the weakest soul. And I'm saying this as a sab.

Eventually if it is weak then the hard core sabs who really love that mechanic will learn to play better. Others will select alternate souls the result is maybe you have the lesser used soul now at 5% and the Sab at 7%. The notion that now everyone will be a mage or the sabs will dissappear is ridiculous.

On top of all this I think each month trion should mix up the soul strengths. Perhaps next month the Bard gets a nice buff, but the next buff they get nerfed and another soul is 'featured'. Worlds are dynamic. People are dynamic. Skill sets are dynamic. Souls should also be dynamic and what works one month maybe isn't exactly the best build the next. Perhaps this month mages are enjoying a great buff from the gods but next month clerics get extra buffs.

I think the way to keep Rift exciting is to always have the souls providing various strengths and weaknesses. if they keep it the same week after week, month after month...eventually people settle on specific soul and the number crunchers find a 'best' spec. By constantly keeping it changing and dynamic then people are strongly encouraged to try alternate builds. You don't the problem of 3 or 4 major souls and the rest are rarely used.

At the end of each month Trion can take the least used souls in each calling and buff them in a variety of ways. The most used soul gets the biggest nerfs. People can then decide to stick it out or they start moving into the other souls. I think Trion is doing a bit of that here. If small % is using a soul, it makes sense it needs buffing. If large % are putting into a specific soul, it needs nerfing.

All this crying about nerfs and Trion is just fear and people who want a static game that they hope once gets balanced never changes. I personally would like to see radically altered souls so that each month people feel like they almost get a new game as they comb through their available skills and see what dmgs, cooldowns, cast time, distance, aoe, etc. has been changed.
    Last edited by DuaneDog; 03-25-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneDog View Post
    I'm a sab and I've said for weeks a big nerf would need to come. It was pathetic to watch all the sabs in denial that it was giong to happen.

My position is Trion doesn't just need to bring Sabs down a notch. The real goal is to balance the souls so that every soul can be a primary soul in a give role. If another soul is only getting used 2% of the time while the sab soul is used 12% of the time then it will take more than just a small nerf to change. People will try to hold on to their sab souls so in order to encourage players into these other souls for a while perhaps the sab needs to be the weakest soul. And I'm saying this as a sab.

Eventually if it is weak then the hard core sabs who really love that mechanic will learn to play better. Others will select alternate souls the result is maybe you have the lesser used soul now at 5% and the Sab at 7%. The notion that now everyone will be a mage or the sabs will dissappear is ridiculous.

On top of all this I think each month trion should mix up the soul strengths. Perhaps next month the Bard gets a nice buff, but the next buff they get nerfed and another soul is 'featured'. Worlds are dynamic. People are dynamic. Skill sets are dynamic. Souls should also be dynamic and what works one month maybe isn't exactly the best build the next. Perhaps this month mages are enjoying a great buff from the gods but next month clerics get extra buffs.

I think the way to keep Rift exciting is to always have the souls providing various strengths and weaknesses. if they keep it the same week after week, month after month...eventually people settle on specific soul and the number crunchers find a 'best' spec. By constantly keeping it changing and dynamic then people are strongly encouraged to try alternate builds. You don't the problem of 3 or 4 major souls and the rest are rarely used.

At the end of each month Trion can take the least used souls in each calling and buff them in a variety of ways. The most used soul gets the biggest nerfs. People can then decide to stick it out or they start moving into the other souls. I think Trion is doing a bit of that here. If small % is using a soul, it makes sense it needs buffing. If large % are putting into a specific soul, it needs nerfing.

All this crying about nerfs and Trion is just fear and people who want a static game that they hope once gets balanced never changes. I personally would like to see radically altered souls so that each month people feel like they almost get a new game as they comb through their available skills and see what dmgs, cooldowns, cast time, distance, aoe, etc. has been changed.
    With the nature of PvP as it currently stands, it's burst or die. You don't run up to a warrior and plink plink plink on their armor hoping to accomplish anything. That cleric that you're thinking of unleashing the stabbity on? He's going to laugh at you. No really. Your only chance is if he laughs so hard he forgets to heal. And shield. Sabs are going from "tic...tic....BOOM!!" to "tic...tic...fart", only now new and improved with 33% less range!

(note to self: edit out comment about the new Charge Booster being the rough equivalent to Perfect Timing only with 60 seconds longer on the CD.)

Oops.

Sez

Instead of making a new post about a beaten horse, why not check and find out that people already have?

Plane Walker

Plane Walker

wow you really havn't bothered looking at much posts. there is alot of suggestions floating around and theory crafting.

Telaran

44 nb / 22 sin / 0 sabo melee build, 'nough said.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmai View Post
    44 nb / 22 sin / 0 sabo melee build, 'nough said.
    51 NB 15 Rift

Trolling in PVP Like a pro!

+ Reply to Thread