+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jagged Strike & Impale Damage

Soulwalker

Default Jagged Strike & Impale Damage

What type of numbers are people seeing on both of these bleeds?

They are ever second right?
    Levo - 50 Rogue - Nyx PvP
    51 Assassin / 10 Nightblade / 5 Infiltrator

~150 / 207 depends on the crit. The best part is that with the talent you get an increase of 50% + crit chance. So getting a crit every tick is very likely. If you play a planes shifter for another +15% you can pretty much count on it criting for every tick.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Shield of Telara

These are basically the 2 bread and butter dmg abilities of Sin. They are actually producing good numbers. Its the fact that everything else is bummy that is the major issue, lol.

Soulwalker

So is Physical Trauma recommended for PvP? or would a fight last long enough to make it viable?

I am guessing that all bleeds stack? Jagged Strike, Impale, and Serrated Blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    So is Physical Trauma recommended for PvP? or would a fight last long enough to make it viable?

I am guessing that all bleeds stack? Jagged Strike, Impale, and Serrated Blades?
    Yes to both, I've killed people after I died because the dots kept ticking. Combine it with exposed weakness you can do some nice damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Shield of Telara

yes they stack. only problem with sin in pvp is you blow your openers and if he can heal through your bleeds you are absolutely ****ed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post

If you are going to spec heavily into a sin build, bleeds WILL be the bulk of your damage, so not slotting Physical Trauma in PvP or in PvE, simply, just isn't an option.

Edit: Yes, all three of those bleeds stack.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-25-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    If you are going to spec heavily into a sin build, bleeds WILL be the bulk of your damage, so not slotting Physical Trauma in PvP or in PvE, simply, just isn't an option.

Edit: Yes, all three of those bleeds stack.
    Its not hard to keep them up without it, but having it gives you the option to slip away after applying all your nasties and watch them bleed out.

Soulwalker

Perfect!

So doing the math I could do 2000-3000 damage with a Jagged Strike over 18 seconds?

150 * 18 = 2700 +-

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    yes they stack. only problem with sin in pvp is you blow your openers and if he can heal through your bleeds you are absolutely ****ed, lol.
    Yes I and thats fine with me.

Thank You all for the help.

Shield of Telara

Ya I honestly prefer NB for pvp simply because they are a bit burstier. But Sin is very good and when spec'd with proper PvP skills can do great in PvP.

Anybody you hear whining is probably unclear on the best way to PvP with them.

Telaran

Combining Jagged Strike and Impale with Nightblade abilities yields excelent results.

With fel blades 50% reduced healing and lethal posion for 5% extra crit chance

Bleed them, ebon fury -> dusk strike spam -> scourge of darkness -> more dusk strike spam -> final blows

Twilight force to keep them in range since it has no cooldown while ebon fury is active and does good damage.

If they have a mana bar use slip away -> smother to silence them for 6 seconds and finish them off, other clases you can reopen with paralizing strike or another jagged strike or dark malady if you want the 20% extra damage.

If they get out of range or try to run away you still have flame thrust finisher and dusk till dawn.

Twilight shelter for 8 seconds of 80% reduced damage to you if the fight gets real close.

Awesome damage combination at the cost of survivability tho, nothing beats riftstalker for surviving

Soulwalker

This is the build I am looking end game

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0xchq0Mkz.V0o

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Napkin View Post
    Combining Jagged Strike and Impale with Nightblade abilities yields excelent results.

With fel blades 50% reduced healing and lethal posion for 5% extra crit chance

Bleed them, ebon fury -> dusk strike spam -> scourge of darkness -> more dusk strike spam -> final blows

Twilight force to keep them in range since it has no cooldown while ebon fury is active and does good damage.

If they have a mana bar use slip away -> smother to silence them for 6 seconds and finish them off, other clases you can reopen with paralizing strike or another jagged strike or dark malady if you want the 20% extra damage.

If they get out of range or try to run away you still have flame thrust finisher and dusk till dawn.

Twilight shelter for 8 seconds of 80% reduced damage to you if the fight gets real close.

Awesome damage combination at the cost of survivability tho, nothing beats riftstalker for surviving

Yea I know I wish we could have more points.

Silence and the Reduced Healing is required to take out Clerics.

I stick to Rogues and Mages. I will just incapacitate / rift prison / blind / foul play the clerics and kill there partner.
    And if all hell breaks looks I Slip Away!

Telaran

Pretty solid build.

I would take improved final blow instead of improved savage strike, I find that savage strike crits quite well without the talent.

I would also get hasted time in riftstalker insteal of some ranger talents, riftstalker already has a lot of tools to close the gap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast