+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The melee rogue... I'd just like to know if we are wrong before the month is over

Quote Originally Posted by Darker Muse View Post
    Agreed there matey. A lot of wow rogues who expect stun lock 100%>0% fun all over again.
    I play a riftstalker/nightblade mix and am loving it.
    I don't recall anyone asking for stunlock kills.

Please keep the hyperbole to yourself.

I'd just like to be able to kill something. Even with inf as second soul I'm a 5 minute cooldown monkey if I want to have half a chance to survive killing someone. The instant a rogue pops out of stealth he is stunned/feared/rooted, so I pop my break CC, burn my immunity, pop anathema and after those GCDs are done I can get back to trying to kill the guy that is probably running away so I try and snare, then go back to doing damage at which point my immunity is probably mostly gone and I'm rooted/stunned/feared/squirreled and killed as I watch the guy I started fighting healed right through my heal debuff.

The only time I can kill anyone is if they are 1/2 dead or stupid enough to be so far away that no one else notices. If there are 2 people expect to die even with pretty our crappy CC.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

To those who don't understand people's comments about melee rogues and now possibly rogues in general, they're largely referring to raiding end game content. The boss needs to die before your tank dies or your healers run out of mana, or another mechanic goes into effect when the fight lasts too long.

There are numerous mechanics that deal damage to players in melee range of a boss. This wastes healer's mana if the damage dealt is not high enough to justify the damage taken. It's a liability to the raid and that's simply not fair to the guild.

Therefore, in the interest of progression, many guilds will not bring melee rogues not simply because their damage is subpar or they don't like the person or the person is not skilled, it's the maintenance they require for little return. Everyone in the raid is there to progress and everyone needs to contribute. Until Trion does some differently, this is the way it is.

If someone is saying their personal experience with rogue is wonderful, then that's wonderful. This animosity toward people who are dissatisfied is sad to see. People spent time gearing these characters for content that they won't see. It's not just the people playing the rogue character, it's also the other people who take the time to run content to help gear that character. They are disappointed too.

Some people will be so angry about this that they leave the game. Some will reroll. Some will be content to sit while the rest of the guild raids content, and join alt runs later on. Regardless of their personal choices, none of it affects you.

So please, show some respect for other customers who pay to play the game just like you.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Oh I forgot to mention that your guilds all seem to suck, too. Seriously, what kind of people exclude their friends from runs because they're not 'optimal'? I've been in a few dungeons and seen a few bosses and not once have I seen a sticker that says ">900 DPS or death". Does this come later or do I need new contacts?

Telaran

If they dont fix rogues there is just no reason to play one other than the fact that i like stealth. I always make sure my abilities are as high ranking as i should.
    I use
    1)expose weakness
    2)Jagged strike
    3) Puncture
    4) Impale

This is best dmg i can do in a short amt of time and its like a flea biting a warrior.Thats if i get lucky and not stunned to ****ing hell and back. After that thats pretty much me blowing my load,but ill rebuild my combo points and try and throw in a finisher in as well (final blow).This set up should destroy someone. It doesnt. Other assassins should be mad as hell. I know the class,i know the abilities. Its straight up the gimpest in Rift. I hate hearing"play Sab" I dont like sab,its boring and to me melee rogues should be the best dps in game,at least slightly better than warriors. Its ridiculous and ive posted before that i think they will fix the rogue,but jesus im getting tired of waiting.Makes me not want to play honestly.

I posted this in another thread. The guy that said he owns in pvp with assassin/nb is obviously either A) a warrior, or
    b) playing against downs patients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    The problem with Warriors is that there is no give and take.
    While other class have to decide, "Hrrmm....do I want more health and decreased damage? Or more damage and less survivability? Or sacrifice some for a stun/cc?",
    The Warriors just get to say, "ooohlookiehere! I'll take some more Damage here, some improved survivability here, and some extra aoe-CC and a few stuns here. Hell, lets throw in a charge and some Burst-AoE damage while we're at it. Maybe a self-heal too. Sounds good!"
    That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention that your guilds all seem to suck, too. Seriously, what kind of people exclude their friends from runs because they're not 'optimal'? I've been in a few dungeons and seen a few bosses and not once have I seen a sticker that says ">900 DPS or death". Does this come later or do I need new contacts?
    This comes in T2 and raid encounters. You will not, nor should you see anything like that in T1 experts because those are tuned for people in AP/CC/quest blue gear.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    I'm not getting all this QQ over melee rogues lol. I play a sin/rs and my buddy plays a nb/sin and we both dominate in pvp...I'm confused as to whats wrong with them
    Its PVE end game . I dont think the problem is whith PVP im fine with pvp . We dont fill any roll in end game medicore DPS plus getting smacked with Cleaves AOE's Ranged DPS does much more damage with no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    To those who don't understand people's comments about melee rogues and now possibly rogues in general, they're largely referring to raiding end game content. The boss needs to die before your tank dies or your healers run out of mana, or another mechanic goes into effect when the fight lasts too long.

There are numerous mechanics that deal damage to players in melee range of a boss. This wastes healer's mana if the damage dealt is not high enough to justify the damage taken. It's a liability to the raid and that's simply not fair to the guild.

Therefore, in the interest of progression, many guilds will not bring melee rogues not simply because their damage is subpar or they don't like the person or the person is not skilled, it's the maintenance they require for little return. Everyone in the raid is there to progress and everyone needs to contribute. Until Trion does some differently, this is the way it is.

If someone is saying their personal experience with rogue is wonderful, then that's wonderful. This animosity toward people who are dissatisfied is sad to see. People spent time gearing these characters for content that they won't see. It's not just the people playing the rogue character, it's also the other people who take the time to run content to help gear that character. They are disappointed too.

Some people will be so angry about this that they leave the game. Some will reroll. Some will be content to sit while the rest of the guild raids content, and join alt runs later on. Regardless of their personal choices, none of it affects you.

So please, show some respect for other customers who pay to play the game just like you.
    this is why i feel ive wasted 6 weeks of my time. I play a bard extremely well and i dont mind it but the felxibility of being DPS or utility was key. It shouldnt be 2 spec build for Rogues Sab or bard. Rightnow im rerolling to cleric this is bull ****

As a melee rogue I only have trouble taking out healers. Really Sins just need a heal debuff of some sort (or crit rate increase) and we'll be ok.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2