+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/MM + Bard

Soulwalker

Default Ranger/MM + Bard

Just trawling these forums....

Has anyone tried a Ranger or Marks soul paired with a bard? If so, how did you get on?

Cheers

Champion of Telara

I am lvl 41 currently and have played Ranger/Sin/Bard since lvl 18. I know you said MM but Sin/MM what ever you through in as your 3rd choice it doesn't matter as the build is all about Ranger/bard.

Its a crapy PvP build. It doesn't have high DPS nor is it a great group build as a pure Ranger or bard would be stronger but for soloing.... wow I think if it is not the best solo build it is a very close 2nd for any non cleric that is.

The main problem with MM/Ranger is they really play two different ways. As a MM you want to kite or move around and as a Ranger you want to beaf up your pet and let him take the beating.

Here is my setup right now.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...os0Vz.0VRz.Ack

Not saying my build is the best out there but for lvling I have no problems at all.

I'm Ranger/Bard/Rift. LVL 50. The bard buffs/debuffs seriously help me and my pet. I can take on 5-6 mobs my level with no problems. My pet and I have 100% health at the end of the fight most times. That's not AOE either. That's single targets, one at a time. The bard talents help immensly for me, and mesh well with my ranger tree.

I have no problems throwing my pet into a mass of mobs, and I care little about how many aggro. I'm that confident that I'll get through it no problem.

As far as DPS and whatnot. I've never had any complaints in that area in a group or raid. I don't have a parser, but my non critical numbers are:

Quick shot most of them hit for a bit over 300 non crit
    Head shot anywhere from 600-900 non crit, I have seen crits go as high as 1800 (but that was in a raid)
    Splinter shot hits for around 130 per tick.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Soulwalker

Aliah,
    Your "Ranger/Bard/Rift" toon, is the Ranger the main or the Bard?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Aamiriya View Post
    Aliah,
    Your "Ranger/Bard/Rift" toon, is the Ranger the main or the Bard?
    or just post build please cause i have been very curious about ranger bard....currently 35

Quote Originally Posted by xhaoz View Post
    or just post build please cause i have been very curious about ranger bard....currently 35

I'll get right on that. Soon as i get the page filled out I'll post it.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosefeather View Post
    Just trawling these forums....

Has anyone tried a Ranger or Marks soul paired with a bard? If so, how did you get on?

Cheers
    I am currently ranger+bard level 37.

Heavy into ranger and enough into bard to get the hot buff though in pvr I don't bother with it most the time. Healing is not very strong but can help top up health a bit and a quick way to build combos for a headshot finisher. Can help keep pet alive when tanking. Tanking 3-4 mobs isn't usually a problem. 0 escape abilities though if you get in trouble.

Rift Chaser

I leveled Ranger/MM/Bard as my primary build to 50. Easy, methodical, good kill rate, zero downtime, and you never die. I don't mean "never" the way RS/BD "never" dies. RS/BD never dies unless you do something stupid like pull ten mobs. Ranger/MM/Bard never dies unless you fall off a mountain trying to reach a cairn.

I had a 12pt Bard build for Motif of Regen. With the 1.1 patch, you will have to take Bard to 24 for that, which I don't suggest. Instead, go 9 points and walk away.

Orphan <Prophecy>

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    The main problem with MM/Ranger is they really play two different ways. As a MM you want to kite or move around and as a Ranger you want to beaf up your pet and let him take the beating.
    Ok so I have a question. I am new to rDps playing, as my other rogue in 'The Game that shall no be named' played like the assassin in this game.

If MM/Ranger is not supposed to pair, and you say MM is supposed to be a kiter. Why is there the MM Pedestal. I can see where we have the possibilities for mobility because of Hit and Run.

Can you or someone else explain a little more?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

+ Reply to Thread