+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changes needed to Rogue souls (That are reasonable)

Rift Chaser

Default Changes needed to Rogue souls (That are reasonable)

The changes needed to rogue souls to make them viable in both PvP and PvE are actually small and easy to implement. I hope a Dev will take a look at this.

Assassin: Increase the base damage of Backstab. It should hit for more since it requires positioning before it can be used.

Bard: Ok, I get the limit on amount of people healed. Raids should need to take more than one Bard. So just increase the base amount of the heals to compensate for the limit on amount of people healed. This will also make Bards more than just a buff machine in 5 person dungeons.

Bladedancer: Let Reprisal and Disengage proc off of crits as well as dodge/parry

Marksman: Increase base damage of Deadeye Shot. It should hit for a lot more considering the 1.5 second cast time. Or, just leave the damage as is and make it instant cast.

Nightblade: Weapon Flare should build combo points on the primary target.

Ranger: Just needs a slight base damage increase on all damaging abilities.

Riftstalker: Change boosted recovery back to 30% healing increase, but make it only activate when Guardian Phase is enabled. Also move it higher up the skill tree.

Saboteuer: Leave charge booster as a passive skill, but keep the bug fix. The last charge put on target is the one that gets the "extra" charge (as opposed to every single charge getting an extra). Keep the change where every charge is calculated individually for crit. Do not make any other changes.

There, rogues are fixed now
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Librarian View Post
    Saboteuer: Leave charge booster as a passive skill, but keep the bug fix.
    What bug fix?
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Plane Touched

I am starting to find that RS tanks lack a certain something. The damage they take seems pretty average to my cleric, but the problem is, my cleric can heal herself. I then looked at warrior tanks, and realized, hey, they can heal themselves too!

RS def needs something a loing the lines of an increase to amount healed for, or need a health regen ability. I had a level 36 cleric healing me in IT as a level 21 RS. I kept all shields up, armor buff, and would plane shift every time it was available. We even had a bard in the group, and I was still taking a tremendous amount of damage. Something just isn't right.
    Last edited by Troponin; 03-25-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    What bug fix?
    You aren't supposed to be able to use 5 different charges, and get an extra charge on each, essentially getting 10 charges.
    You ARE supposed to get 1 extra charge, so a maximum of 6 instead of 5.
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Soulwalker

Strike Back, Reprisal, Turn of Tide, Contra Tempo, Disengage should have a talent we can use to be able to use them in groups. Maybe give the tank a buff that enables us to use the ability whenever the tank dodges/parries. Can even make a 51point that enables us to give the tank a little dodge/parry buff.

Champion of Telara

You aren't supposed to be able to use 5 different charges, and get an extra charge on each, essentially getting 10 charges.
    According to who?

Quote Originally Posted by mfeeecpe View Post
    Strike Back, Reprisal, Turn of Tide, Contra Tempo, Disengage should have a talent we can use to be able to use them in groups. Maybe give the tank a buff that enables us to use the ability whenever the tank dodges/parries. Can even make a 51point that enables us to give the tank a little dodge/parry buff.
    Dance Partner
    Requires 44 points in Bladedancer

You perform a Rhythmic Motion, linking a party or raid member as your dance partner. Whenever the linked target Dodges or Parries, your reactive abilities that require you to Dodge or Parry activate as if you had Dodged or Parried. Grants the linked target a 2% increased chance to Dodge or Parry. Only one target may be linked at a time. Lasts 1 hour.
    Last edited by Zerromi; 03-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Soulwalker

Dmg over time spells shouldn't undo stealth.

Every rogue soul should be able to stealth (bard questionable)

Slip away should keep rogues stealthed after the the spell is finished.

Every line should have either a silence or stun (either by a style or spell)

Other souls need to be brought in line with Assassin, NB.

I'm not gonna complain about DPS, I think its fine as it is. If i unstealth on somebody and they aren't a tank, they are either going to die, or run away.

My main problem lies in survivability obviously, I wanna be able to pop attack people and then actually make a clean escape. The stealth in this game as it stands now is essentially broken.

You ARE supposed to get 1 extra charge, so a maximum of 6 instead of 5.
    Pretty sure the bug was the armor pen bug. With improved blast charge and the infiltrator talent, I guess it was ignoring more armor than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by XLGrandma View Post
    Dmg over time spells shouldn't undo stealth.
    No. This would be too much.

Plane Walker

The changes needed to rogue souls to make them viable in both PvP and PvE are actually small and easy to implement. I hope a Dev will take a look at this.

Assassin: Increase the base damage of Backstab. It should hit for more since it requires positioning before it can be used.
    how about making poisons scale with ap ? would help aswel don't you think ?

Bard: Ok, I get the limit on amount of people healed. Raids should need to take more than one Bard. So just increase the base amount of the heals to compensate for the limit on amount of people healed. This will also make Bards more than just a buff machine in 5 person dungeons.
    euh and why would you take another bard and not a chloro who obviously heals more ? bard buffs still don't stack they just overrite eachother. if you put them on the same lvl as a chloro then something is wrong. i'd rather suggest upping his dmg to the same lvl of a chloro.

Bladedancer: Let Reprisal and Disengage proc off of crits as well as dodge/parry
    if you do that the next op dmg spec is bd

Marksman: Increase base damage of Deadeye Shot. It should hit for a lot more considering the 1.5 second cast time. Or, just leave the damage as is and make it instant cast.
    makign it instant cast would indeed help.

Nightblade: Weapon Flare should build combo points on the primary target.
    so wrong on so many levels that would make 95% of rogue specs run around this ability.

Ranger: Just needs a slight base damage increase on all damaging abilities.
    maybe slightely or maybe making the raptor survive somethign he dies before you look at him.

Riftstalker: Change boosted recovery back to 30% healing increase, but make it only activate when Guardian Phase is enabled. Also move it higher up the skill tree.
    then you still leave open some other mayor points at riftstalker. there is a whole forum post based on this and those changes are more benefitial without making it op like this 1

Saboteuer: Leave charge booster as a passive skill, but keep the bug fix. The last charge put on target is the one that gets the "extra" charge (as opposed to every single charge getting an extra). Keep the change where every charge is calculated individually for crit. Do not make any other changes.
    this i agree

There, rogues are fixed now
    i'd wish but no.
    Last edited by bahizret; 03-25-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    if you do that the next op dmg spec is bd
    That wouldn't even come close to making BD OP since both Reprisal and Disengage have cooldowns. The only difference is that they would work when we aren't being attacked, but even then, I don't think that would end up being a significant difference. Reprisal would give us more DPS is raid/group situations, but Disengage really wouldn't do much for us as most mobs would probably be immune.

Rift Chaser

According to who?
    Since that one talent alone is responsible for increasing the dps of sabos by about 250, it's obviously not working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post

so wrong on so many levels that would make 95% of rogue specs run around this ability.

The ranger's spec'd Trick Shot ability is AOE, and builds CP's on the targeted target, sometimes, more than one CP for each shot fired, letting you spam Trick Shot in a group of targets, and then using a finisher on that target every 3-4 shots.

No reason Weapon Flare couldn't be the same.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-25-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Champion of Telara

Since that one talent alone is responsible for increasing the dps of sabos by about 250, it's obviously not working as intended.
    According to who?
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Rift Chaser

According to who?
    Anyone, including myself, who parsed damage w/o that selected in the soul tree. You can test for yourself if you'd like.

Rift Disciple

The tooltip for Charge Booster has been clear about it's effect from day fricking one. One extra charge on each type of stack. Your claim of 250 DPS difference is the difference between Sabos pre-1.1 and sabo's on alpha, and the change isn't that much, either. There was a proper parse done, first post of page 7 HERE. The net difference is a drop of 100 DPS; from 750 to 650, as the 750 DPS Sabo parses have all been utilizing melee.

The bug fix was armor penetration of Blast Charge. There was another bug fix (which doesn't affect DPS) of insuring our AE charges would go off when the initial detonate killed the target with the charges.

The old way that Charge Booster worked, was about a constant 10% boost to our DPS. It also made our "secondary effects" from debuffing charges actually viable. The new way that charge booster works is a 50% damage boost, but it's only available 10% of the time. And it no longer affects any of our debuffs, as the original charge booster did- destroying the variance in rotation that we USED to have. To clarify- two of any charge other than Blast charge is VERY close to the damage of one blast charge. While we were blowing up stacks of 5 different charges, we were gaining the secondary effects, but only a slight DPS boost, primarily from the fact that there were two blast charges in the stack for the price of one.

The change is utterly broken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast