+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Saboteurs : what if...?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Saboteurs : what if...?

    Hi,

    To begin with, sorry for the possible bad english. It's not my native language, so I might make a few mistakes.

    I've just read the patch notes concerning the Saboteur, and it occured to me that there might be a reason for the range nerf.

    what if the saboteur's soul was to be used with the nightblade soul only ?
    The rotation might be something like : apply charges until 5 combos points, use Flame Thrust (thus not using combo points, but leaving the charge alone), use fiery spike and twilight force to build 5 combo points again, and then use detonate.
    Rince and repeat.

    It's just my two cents, and i feel there is some synergy out there.

    Thanks for reading, and please don't flame me guys.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carakangaran View Post
    Hi,

    To begin with, sorry for the possible bad english. It's not my native language, so I might make a few mistakes.

    I've just read the patch notes concerning the Saboteur, and it occured to me that there might be a reason for the range nerf.

    what if the saboteur's soul was to be used with the nightblade soul only ?
    The rotation might be something like : apply charges until 5 combos points, use Flame Thrust (thus not using combo points, but leaving the charge alone), use fiery spike and twilight force to build 5 combo points again, and then use detonate.
    Rince and repeat.

    It's just my two cents, and i feel there is some synergy out there.

    Thanks for reading, and please don't flame me guys.
    Consider you've technicaly taken 11 seconds to apply 5 charges and detonate.... and reputedly the idea with all the souls is NOT to 'force' someone into one, though that is effectively what these changes do.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    458

    Default

    if your going to play that way then why even bother going sab ?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    Consider you've technicaly taken 11 seconds to apply 5 charges and detonate.... and reputedly the idea with all the souls is NOT to 'force' someone into one, though that is effectively what these changes do.
    I know you're right about the time taken to apply the charges -and that's what bother me.

    But, to be honnest i think the saboteur's soul is one unique piece of gameplay, and i'm really looking for a way to keep it competitive, even if my ideas might seem stupid.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carakangaran View Post
    I know you're right about the time taken to apply the charges -and that's what bother me.

    But, to be honnest i think the saboteur's soul is one unique piece of gameplay, and i'm really looking for a way to keep it competitive, even if my ideas might seem stupid.
    ...not stupid.

    I do find it...amusing that my ranger/sab/nb build gives me more damage using headshot to use combo points than detonate. Looking at it, and with the changes it's almost like they really did not want/intend for Sab's to be used as a primary soul and really intended it as a secondary or teritary soul.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts