+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteurs : what if...?

Soulwalker

Default Saboteurs : what if...?

Hi,

To begin with, sorry for the possible bad english. It's not my native language, so I might make a few mistakes.

I've just read the patch notes concerning the Saboteur, and it occured to me that there might be a reason for the range nerf.

what if the saboteur's soul was to be used with the nightblade soul only ?
    The rotation might be something like : apply charges until 5 combos points, use Flame Thrust (thus not using combo points, but leaving the charge alone), use fiery spike and twilight force to build 5 combo points again, and then use detonate.
    Rince and repeat.

It's just my two cents, and i feel there is some synergy out there.

Thanks for reading, and please don't flame me guys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Carakangaran View Post
    Hi,

To begin with, sorry for the possible bad english. It's not my native language, so I might make a few mistakes.

I've just read the patch notes concerning the Saboteur, and it occured to me that there might be a reason for the range nerf.

what if the saboteur's soul was to be used with the nightblade soul only ?
    The rotation might be something like : apply charges until 5 combos points, use Flame Thrust (thus not using combo points, but leaving the charge alone), use fiery spike and twilight force to build 5 combo points again, and then use detonate.
    Rince and repeat.

It's just my two cents, and i feel there is some synergy out there.

Thanks for reading, and please don't flame me guys.
    Consider you've technicaly taken 11 seconds to apply 5 charges and detonate.... and reputedly the idea with all the souls is NOT to 'force' someone into one, though that is effectively what these changes do.

Plane Walker

if your going to play that way then why even bother going sab ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillstewie View Post
    Consider you've technicaly taken 11 seconds to apply 5 charges and detonate.... and reputedly the idea with all the souls is NOT to 'force' someone into one, though that is effectively what these changes do.
    I know you're right about the time taken to apply the charges -and that's what bother me.

But, to be honnest i think the saboteur's soul is one unique piece of gameplay, and i'm really looking for a way to keep it competitive, even if my ideas might seem stupid.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Carakangaran View Post
    I know you're right about the time taken to apply the charges -and that's what bother me.

But, to be honnest i think the saboteur's soul is one unique piece of gameplay, and i'm really looking for a way to keep it competitive, even if my ideas might seem stupid.
    ...not stupid.

I do find it...amusing that my ranger/sab/nb build gives me more damage using headshot to use combo points than detonate. Looking at it, and with the changes it's almost like they really did not want/intend for Sab's to be used as a primary soul and really intended it as a secondary or teritary soul.

+ Reply to Thread