+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bard,mortif's system obsolete!

Soulwalker

Default Bard,mortif's system obsolete!

The mortif system is obsolete.Mortif 30 seg is Broken. 1 min is fine but 2 min is perfect.

Solution (for me):

Base: mortifs 30 seg
    Bardic Inspiration +30 seg, +2 seg in mortif duration for +1 point in soul Bard
    Resonace = mortif duration

Solution :

Base: mortifs 15 seg
    Bardic Inspiration +15 seg, +1 seg in mortif duration for +1 point in soul Bard

Solution :

Base: mortifs 30 seg or 1 min
    Bardic Inspiration +30 seg or +1 min

Soulwalker

yea 30 seconds is ******ed, most annoying thing in the world

I like it, for those of us who played EQ your buff lasted 10 secs or so. You were constantly typing 12233112233112233 for ever and ever.

Soulwalker

Bard is fine, it makes you actually have to pay attention to your buff durations. And refreshing them is not hard. People need to stop wanting the game made easier and just learn to play it for how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevael View Post
    Bard is fine, it makes you actually have to pay attention to your buff durations. And refreshing them is not hard. People need to stop wanting the game made easier and just learn to play it for how it is.
    It's not really a matter of easier as much as less tedious.

lud
    Champion

boring class needs a rework

Soulwalker

45 seconds - 1 min would be better. In FFXI bard buffs lasted I think (it's been a while) 2 minutes? granted this is a much different style of game and your not managing different songs on different party members, but a slight duration would make it less tedious

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    45 seconds - 1 min would be better. In FFXI bard buffs lasted I think (it's been a while) 2 minutes? granted this is a much different style of game and your not managing different songs on different party members, but a slight duration would make it less tedious
    Considering you had to sing twice as many songs to debuff and rebuff two different camps, it's pretty much the same story as in Rift. You were almost always singing.

Really people? Complaining about having to rebuff every 30 seconds? It's fine. It doesn't need to be fixed. You should only have to rebuff 4-6 times during a boss fight if DPS is good. Is that really that tedious?

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    boring class needs a rework
    "I don't like pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, for buffs and not seeing big numbers. I want to press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as a Saboteur and see stuff explode"

Basically (sorry to single you out), you don't like how a support class plays, maybe you shouldn't be playing a support class. If you have issues with how regularly you hit buttons, you should play more of a reactive role, such a tanking or healing.

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

Telaran

There are better ways to keep the bard's abilities from becoming monotonous. I like the following (suggested in this and other threads):

1) Give Power Chord the ability to refresh Motifs (maybe pushing it higher up the tree)

2) Give us a variety of combo point abilities so that Cadence isn't being spammed 100% of the time
    a) Mana/Energy varient of Cadence (does similar damage but instead of health it gives mana/energy)
    b) Another buff style builder like the one RiftStalker has where every stack gives some type of bonus up to 3 stacks or so - so each stack of this combo builder gives 1%/2%/3% more damage to the group
    c) Higher damage combo point builder (for when neither health, mana/energy, or damage buff are needed)

3) Some type of buff/debuff finisher that's useful on trash - most trash dies too quick to make our two debuff finishers useful.

While I like the idea of combining our songs and motifs together to give different abilities depending on the order,duration, etc, it would involve a complete rewrite of the bard system. I doubt the devs would do that.
    Last edited by Mekias; 03-25-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekias View Post
    a) Mana/Energy varient of Cadence (does similar damage but instead of health it gives mana/energy)
    you mean verse of joy?

or you mean a spammable cadence version of verse of joy which would make your energy supply beyond endless. there isn't much energy management that bards have to do, but being able to bring back energy that way with no cooldown would be kind of ridiculous. Just saying.

Shield of Telara

I would LOVE absolutely love to see Bard more in the EQ and FFXI vein.

This has nothing to do with the motif duration but more the role we play in a party/raid.

In previous incarnations Bards were heavy buffers/debuffers. In Rift we have almost no debuffing capabilities (a couple +dmg finishers and the short duration mez are laughable and not of much consequence in most cases). I would love to see Debuff oriented Motifs. Such that it gives a larger number of abilities to jugle rather than spamming 12345 over and over and hitting verse of joy every 2 minutes.

Bard in FFXI was a game breaker. It could make all the difference in the world as to whether you succeded or failed in a fight.

Archon buffs last for 5 minutes.

or you mean a spammable cadence version of verse of joy which would make your energy supply beyond endless. there isn't much energy management that bards have to do, but being able to bring back energy that way with no cooldown would be kind of ridiculous. Just saying.
    It would actually be a decent idea. First off it would set bards apart from archons and give them a good reason to be in a group. It would allow us to do something useful when no healing is required. It would be a very nice DPS boost for rogues/warriors in your group... and a small one of mages. That would make up for the pathetic DPS we do in comparison to an archon.

Telaran

Ideally they could let us combine two motifs together in one buff, and let us build preset Motfi combinations.

Shield of Telara

Adding things like debuffs to the bard would make us so much more rounded. And help us keep a spot in raids even after the incoming healing nerf.

-attack speed on bosses, -atk power, -def, these sorts of things would give us great utility. It would put us a lot more in line with the Mage support class {Archon} and the sorts of buffs/debuffs they offer. They dont have to be overlapping, I mean come up with something fresh or let them stack with Archon, but I think it would really be a great boost to the soul.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 03-25-2011 at 11:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast