+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabo range nerf unjustified.

Telaran

Default Sabo range nerf unjustified.

Most will agree that there was a problem with the saboteur's burst damage capabilities and the way that crit damage is calculated, which has all been addressed in the latest patch, but there is a problem with the range reduction.

Balance should be taken one step at a time, aka nerfing the damage alone, which was a problem with the classes range, or nerfing the classes range, which was a problem with the classes damage output. It often happens in MMO's that the devs destroy a classes value by overbalancing things, when all that is needed is a tweak in one problem area, rather than a blanket nerf, which will cause the class to under perform. The saboteur is a purely ranged class, with no melee capabilities as opposed to other classes with 20m range, and should be kept as such.

As someone who has 2 of my 4 roles as Sab... it is completely justified. The only change that was bad was the charge booster since the change increase pvp burst and reduces pve sustained damage.
    Last edited by Drekor; 03-25-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    As someone who has 2 of my 4 roles as Sab... it is completely justified. The only change that was bad was the charge booster since the change increase pvp burst and reduces pve sustained damage.
    as 14 sabs......see what I did there.

The 'range' nerf is not necessary or justified in conjunction with the other changes. There are more/better reasons to restore the range than there are to restore charge booster that would result in less problems/complaints from sab's and their targets.

I disapprove of the range nerf. But it's less of an issue than some make it out to be
    I went Assassin/Sab for PvP. I don't like to be forced to melee in PvP (mostly cause I suck at it), but the ranged nerf only does one thing...
    Makes stupid people think they can melee that Sab that's blowing em up. When they try, I slow them, stab them in the face, stun them, run out of range and detonate
    If range means THAT much to you, take a melee secondary soul. Stop whining already
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

+ Reply to Thread