+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rangers, get in here!

Plane Walker

Default Rangers, get in here!

I respecced last night to a ranger/mm/sin build. So far it is a blast and for soloing its a machine (have yet to try it in a dungeon). I know the greater razorbeast is our tank pet, but what exactly is the differences between the greater dire wolf and the blood raptor? Also, why is it my greater razor beast and greater dire wolf are level 50 pets, but my 31 point talent blood raptor is only level 36? Is this a tooltip error? Or are ranger simply not supposed to take our 31 point talent past level 36? As a level 50, fighting level 50 mobs, won't my level 36 raptor miss a ton, do little damage, die quickly, etc?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    I respecced last night to a ranger/mm/sin build. So far it is a blast and for soloing its a machine (have yet to try it in a dungeon). I know the greater razorbeast is our tank pet, but what exactly is the differences between the greater dire wolf and the blood raptor? Also, why is it my greater razor beast and greater dire wolf are level 50 pets, but my 31 point talent blood raptor is only level 36? Is this a tooltip error? Or are ranger simply not supposed to take our 31 point talent past level 36? As a level 50, fighting level 50 mobs, won't my level 36 raptor miss a ton, do little damage, die quickly, etc?

Thanks!
    Um, buy the next ranks in the skill from your Rogue Trainer, all 3 pets get to level 50.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Um, buy the next ranks in the skill from your Rogue Trainer, all 3 pets get to level 50.
    I purchased all the ranks. The pet is still level 36.

Use the Greater versions of Wolf and Razorbeast.

Hit "P" and scroll.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post
    Use the Greater versions of Wolf and Razorbeast.

Hit "P" and scroll.
    What is the difference between the wolf and raptor? When would you use one over the other?

What is the difference between the wolf and raptor? When would you use one over the other?
    Razorbeast = Tank pet useful for soloing and off tanking in regular dungeons.

Wolf = Single Target DPS pet and PVP pet, best used against healers due to debuff of up to 25% less effectiveness to healing.

Bloodraptor = PvP pet, does AOE damage and DOT's and has the ability to heal itself. It has better damage than the Wolf, but doesn't have the debuff to healing.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BurntSushi View Post
    Razorbeast = Tank pet useful for soloing and off tanking in regular dungeons.

Wolf = Single Target DPS pet and PVP pet, best used against healers due to debuff of up to 25% less effectiveness to healing.

Bloodraptor = PvP pet, does AOE damage and DOT's and has the ability to heal itself. It has better damage than the Wolf, but doesn't have the debuff to healing.
    actaully the wolf is a 30% healing debuff... but you will never use the wolf, hes kinda dead weight.. you will always use the raptor when in groups... if you need a healing but and all you have is the wolf you are tyically better off respecing to nightblade for the 50% Debuff in that tree unless you have a good enough group that 30% is enough

Thanks!
    Sounds like you just need to hit the trainer, level up that Raptor and re-summon him.

+ Reply to Thread