+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please reconsider

Rift Chaser

Default please reconsider

...nerfing Saboteur range.

Does anyone at Trion play-test these changes, or just glean stats off the servers and theorycraft?

A Saboteur's biggest problem is survivability, lasting long enough to apply charges and detonate. Being able to play the edges of a fight with mobility and positioning offers a way to survive by thinking. Forcing a Sab to come within 20 while being picked off by marksmen, rangers, and mages and _then_ last to apply charges is really not in touch with how easy it is to zero that Sab, despite passive "survivability" talents (like +armor, +endurance from other souls or -snare time from Sab soul).

Just throwing my 2˘ in.

Discovering the Saboteur tree has been a true joy, and trying to play him without getting squashed has been a fun challenge. Favoring the two +range talents has been central to Sab survivability in a way you can't touch with passives.

Please keep it fun, Trion. Please listen past all of the things you think sound familiar about this post and all of the things you think you know about class balance and really listen: please keep it fun!

falling on deaf ears. all the bad pvpers out there want sabs nerfed so we got nerfed. ive yet to see anyone complain on my battlegroup about me blowing them up because they have SO MANY COUNTERS!!!

there are warriors on my shard with /tar macros for me so they can kill me first cause im such a target. how anyone could say we are OP i'll never understand... OP means we have no counter, the moment you throw in 1 counter you are no longer OP...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

The only balancing factor I can see that is possible right now is to make the application of charges NOT break stealth, only detonation breaking it. Just as soon as that happens though, Jessica Biel will walk into my apartment naked. Here's to hoping!
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

30m-305m is for Ranger/MM who launch their missiles at you with guns and bows.
    The Saboteur supposed to be in closer sabotaging with explosives and at 20m range your lobbing your charges the same distance as Nightblade or other Souls with some "intermediate" range abilities.
    The damage was crazy enough, being able to do it from a very safe distance was overkill.

20m range is right for a Saboteur.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    The Saboteur supposed to be in closer sabotaging with explosives and at 20m range your lobbing your charges the same distance as Nightblade or other Souls with some "intermediate" range abilities.
    The damage was crazy enough, being able to do it from a very safe distance was overkill.

the range kills us in pvp, the dmg kills us in pve, double dipping kills the calling as a whole. if we were problems in pvp give us the range nerf and no one will complain. if the problem was pve (which it's not, we still got beat by all 3 of the other callings) then nerf charge booster.... doing both = bad move trion, very bad move.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post

Precisely where is this stated other than your imagination?

The Saboteur is a cunning Rogue who uses explosives and other incendiaries to cripple opponents and control the battlefield. With proper preparation, a Saboteur can destroy enemies without ever giving them a chance to join battle.

Strengths
    Saboteurs mold the battlefield to suit their needs, and with careful planning, a lone Saboteur can overcome the most formidable foes in one explosive instant.

Weaknesses
    A Saboteur requires significant preparation to launch each devastating assault, and is quickly overcome if confronted in direct combat before every trap is in place.
    Nothing in there about close range, except getting your arse handed to you. We've already had the damage reduced in two ways, making the 'range' overkill w/o other changes being made to offset. IF there are other changes in mind, they should be made at the same time and not 'split'.

What they SHOULD be doing, is just fixing the bugs then watching and see how those changes impact gameplay before making other class/sould adjustments.

+ Reply to Thread