+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What affects the Bard's powers? (Keen Eye, Killing Focus etc)

Soulwalker

Default What affects the Bard's powers? (Keen Eye, Killing Focus etc)

1) How does Keen Eye (Marsman) affect the range of the Bard's abilities?
    (nothing, +5 meter, all abilities or only some abilities?)

2) How does Sharpshooter (Marksman) affect the Bard's abilities?
    (nothing, +3% hit chance, does it depend on which weapon is equipped i.e. bow or melee?)

3) How does Killing Focus (Ranger) affect the healing from Cadence?
    (nothing, +4% or other?)

4) There is a greater planar source that can proc a +500:ish heal (nor sure bu perhaps "Consuming Faesource"). Does this proc on Cadence and/or Coda of Restoration?

Advice appreciated.

if the Planar essence is 'Proc on HEAL' then yes it works, if it is 'Proc on Healing Spell' I don't think it works(might for coda or resto not 100% positive)
    can't check right now, but if Killing Focus increases non-phys dmg by 4% then yes its affected, I've yet to do testing on talents that increase the effectiveness of range, but from what I've read elsewhere they don't affect, I would like proper confirmation though, Bards abilities are as far as I know non-physical abilities, Cadence is not(apparently) counted as a healing spell, and not sure if Motif of Regen procs Planar Essences, as that would be a bit OP...

Soulwalker

Bump.

It feels a bit strange that many people discuss what spec to choose, but few seems to know what affects the spec's synergies.

And I'm grateful for the above help, but I'm looking for a bit clearer advice which also is explained if it comes from testing or from a genereal view from the forums. I can read the in-game text but don't give a dime for their worth until something more points to what stands in the more dubious cases (like my four questions).

More advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Tea Pot; 03-26-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Soulwalker

My fourth questions seems to be answered Yes.

The 9th adn 13th posts in this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gue-(esp.-Bard) say they get Stinging Faesource and Veiled Shadesource to proc from Cadence and Coda of Restoration. Together with Waananii's reply I'm now confident enough to buy the 7500 planar source and fill it with some Greater planar essences.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/EBAD9DC4...ging-Faesource
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/DE8FA99F...ed-Shadesource
    Last edited by Tea Pot; 03-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

I have never been able to get the second one to proc, though I was only testing it with myself. I did however get the Stinging one to proc.

Still debating on whether or not to buy a third focus just for my bard, though.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Soulwalker

Thanks,

I really would be interested to hear advice on my question 1, 2 and 3 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Pot View Post
    (nothing, +4% or other?)
    /bump
    especially interested in number 3 here

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Pot View Post
    1) How does Keen Eye (Marsman) affect the range of the Bard's abilities?
    (nothing, +5 meter, all abilities or only some abilities?)

2) How does Sharpshooter (Marksman) affect the Bard's abilities?
    (nothing, +3% hit chance, does it depend on which weapon is equipped i.e. bow or melee?)

(nothing, +4% or other?)

4) There is a greater planar source that can proc a +500:ish heal (nor sure bu perhaps "Consuming Faesource"). Does this proc on Cadence and/or Coda of Restoration?

Advice appreciated.
    1) nothing
    2) nothing
    3) nothing
    4) yes it procs not sure from wich i think from all.

keep in mind cadence does not go on ranged weapons. hence it will not work with ranged talents. cadence is based of melee weapons.
    cadence also trigers melee autoattack and cancels ranged autoattack.

the moment that changes pls inform me cous then it is fixed. as personally i find cadence and all other bard skills should fall under ranged weapon department. but sadly it does not.
    Last edited by bahizret; 04-02-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Champion

I bought the epic greater essences from Iron Pine Peaks and Stillmoor yesterday, one that puts up an absorb shield and the other that puts up a hot. Both can trigger off of Cadence's heal, Coda of Restoration, and Verse of Vitality. Motif of Regeneration will not trigger them.

Shadowlander

bards are pretty much all life damage (cadence) and it's not physical.

when using lost hope (8pt nightblade) or verse of captivatiion (34pt bard) you can safely pump out alot of physical damage with sabotour detonates. (sin's blind can also help somewhat... though they aren't usually good for much else)

with ranger (pet+helpful talents) or marksman (pvp kiting) you can get a ranged auto attack for some extra physical damage, but it's rarely fired at the same time as many of the bard's attacks, even the instants. only pump out much physical damage if you turret out when people are at full health under little pressure and have plenty of motif time.

+ Reply to Thread