+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP, PvE, and why they should stay separate.

Question PvP, PvE, and why they should stay separate.

I have never PvPed. I don't care for it, I don't care about it. I'm of the opinion that if I want to play a game where I test my skills against other people, I'll play TF2 or SC2 depending on the nature of the challenge I want, not an MMO. I understand that some, nay, many, may like MMO PvP. I don't understand why, and I'll explain that later, but hey, that's their opinion, and it really doesn't matter if I understand it, they are entitled to it.

That said, I have two issues.

One, and it's really rather selfish, I hate reading a post only to discover at the very end that the issues being talked about are entirely related to PvP. Come ON! People! Clue me in at the beginning of the post! Okay so that wasn't a serious one.

My other issue is serious, and derives from some of the complaints I have read. Why, like, IN THE HELL, don't they separate the PvP and PvE affects of skills? It wouldn't be that hard! Then I won't have to worry about my core skills being totally changed or nerfed because they make my class do something I don't care about that's totally "omfglmaoOP" in PvP? Equally, PvPers won't have to worry about becoming less effective or whatever at their thing that they do when they finally tone down PvE damage on whatever class because it's way out of whack. It's just so basic, and it would make balancing things like a gagillion times easier. That's one gagillion. That's a lot of easy!

No I'm honestly asking...is there a legitimate reason they haven't done this? I can't imagine (with my high school AP C++ level of knowledge) that it would be that hard to program...

Anyway, just a thought. Commence the wars of flame, n' stuff.

(Oh, I'm posting this on the rogue forums because I play a rogue and it's where I have read everything I've read...so there...)
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

In my opinion they should now bring all the class in line dps wise and then start to tweak PvP through the PvP souls.

Should be quite simple imo.
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Deityness View Post
    In my opinion they should now bring all the class in line dps wise and then start to tweak PvP through the PvP souls.

Should be quite simple imo.
    Really good point there, they have entire souls devoted to PvP, and they should just tweek those...
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Good Lord i would give almost anything at this point in time for separate PvE and PvP rule sets.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they could have abilities have different effectiveness in PvE vs PvP so that they could tweak one without ruining the other.
    Proud member of Unrepentant: The pants-optional Defiant PvE guild on Gnarlwood

+ Reply to Thread