+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: hit cap? Toughness? & rep?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker 19kiloz71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default hit cap? Toughness? & rep?

    Three questions.

    1) What's the hit cap?

    2) Do dps rogues need toughness?

    3) What's the best Rep for a dps rogue ( ranger/marksman ) to grind?

    Thanks
    Last edited by 19kiloz71; 03-25-2011 at 01:00 AM.
    AMD Phenom II x6 OC 4.1MHz 8mb DDR3 Ram XfX ATI Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    482

    Default

    1) No idea, for mobs the same level, its seems to be 5%. I would aim for 10% to be on the safe side, unless anyone knows the answer.

    2) Nope, as far as group play goes, it is purely for tanks. It has no effect (or at least the intention is that it shouldn't) in PvP. You can still use it for soloing I suppose.

    3) Again, no idea, I don't do much PvE.

    Hmm, probably not much use to you actually.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Charblecher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    So Cal, USA
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Hit cap isn't based on level. 100 Hit rating will tear up a T1 but have some issues on T2 and miss too much on GS that's its stupid. All are level 52 mobs. At this point its safe to say 200 is the approx hit rating. At 166 focus you get about 3-6 resists, per fight, as a Chloro healer and thats not good if you're healing.

    The nice part is most souls have the "if they miss" non global CD ability that helps with hit rating.

    Only a educated guess with no actual data

    T1 - 80
    T2 - 140
    GS - 180-200?

    2) It doesn't hurt to have toughness as a bard. I know a few bards that rock out 100 toughness incase they pull agro and don't get instant death on a crit.

    3) Icewatch has some nice helm runes. I think its 11 Dex and 9 End

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charblecher View Post
    Hit cap isn't based on level. 100 Hit rating will tear up a T1 but have some issues on T2 and miss too much on GS that's its stupid. All are level 52 mobs. At this point its safe to say 200 is the approx hit rating. At 166 focus you get about 3-6 resists, per fight, as a Chloro healer and thats not good if you're healing.

    The nice part is most souls have the "if they miss" non global CD ability that helps with hit rating.

    Only a educated guess with no actual data

    T1 - 80
    T2 - 140
    GS - 180-200?

    2) It doesn't hurt to have toughness as a bard. I know a few bards that rock out 100 toughness incase they pull agro and don't get instant death on a crit.

    3) Icewatch has some nice helm runes. I think its 11 Dex and 9 End
    I have 110hit and never miss in T2s and in T1s 55hit is plenty{ thats what i had and again i never missed/got dodged}.

    @OP
    The actual recommended hit/focus/toughness is . . .
    T1 50
    T2 100
    Raid 150

    As for cap, i dont know.
    Last edited by icetronix; 03-25-2011 at 01:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icetronix View Post
    The actual recommended hit/focus/toughness is . . .
    T1 50
    T2 100
    Raid 150
    The cap is:

    T1 50
    T2 100
    Raid rifts 150
    Greenscale (T3) 200

    And dont even show up thinking you will be anywhere near the top 10 dps in greenscale without 200 hit. You miss ALOT even with a 180ish.

    As for rep. Grind with every faction that has a rune for sale. Its the best runes in game.

    As for your spec pls switch to sabo.
    Never seen a mm/ranger do anywhere near 500 dps. All our sabos do 700+

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Using toughness gear as a bard is a waste of item budget. You don't need it if you and your tank are competent.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icetronix View Post
    I have 110hit and never miss in T2s and in T1s 55hit is plenty{ thats what i had and again i never missed/got dodged}.
    You are unfortunately wrong. Yes these numbers make you caped but the bosses/mobs actually still have a chance to dodge etc. The cap just tells that you dont have any bigger chance to get dodged etc. than the normal chance.

    The chance to get a dodge for a melee when hitting a boss is probably around less than 1% though. Meaning that one in every 100-200 hits you will get dodged. You have probably just not been paying attention enough to see this.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    And dont even show up thinking you will be anywhere near the top 10 dps in greenscale without 200 hit. You miss ALOT even with a 180ish.
    Greenscale last night, the top 2 DPS had ~150 focus and ~120 hit, respectively.

    Skill > gear.

    Greenscale = lawls.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts