+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question regarding Saboteur changes with regards to my playstyle

Soulwalker

Default Question regarding Saboteur changes with regards to my playstyle

Hi guys. I play a Saboteur+Ranger, and I'm still levelling, but I hear that the Sabo soul is going to be severely nerfed. I read the patch notes, and I noticed a few things like the range of charges being cut, et cetera... I waded in to the many angry threads about this and a lot of the complaints mainly came from PvPers.

Can anyone break it down for me on how my playstyle will be affected? I hardly ever PvP, it's usually just the standard PvE questing and occasional rift zone tour. Will a saboteur be harder to play PvE, do less damage, be more squishy, lose AoE, etc. etc.? I love playing the class and I'd hate to see it changed as drastically as some people are suggesting it will be, but I want to hear more opinions about it.

So you've read the notes but you aren't sure if they will affect you?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Espilae View Post
    Hi guys. I play a Saboteur+Ranger, and I'm still levelling, but I hear that the Sabo soul is going to be severely nerfed. I read the patch notes, and I noticed a few things like the range of charges being cut, et cetera... I waded in to the many angry threads about this and a lot of the complaints mainly came from PvPers.

Can anyone break it down for me on how my playstyle will be affected? I hardly ever PvP, it's usually just the standard PvE questing and occasional rift zone tour. Will a saboteur be harder to play PvE, do less damage, be more squishy, lose AoE, etc. etc.? I love playing the class and I'd hate to see it changed as drastically as some people are suggesting it will be, but I want to hear more opinions about it.
    well you range will be severely cut. seeing as you use ranger thats prolly just for the pet right ? well that only works up until lvl 30 as then he stops lvling.

then after that charge booster was about 30% of the dps of a pve sab. so that has been severely cut.

losing aoe is a myth it was just a bugfix wich the devs even told us a couple times in the forum. (the thing was if the mob died from the shrapnel it did not apply its aoe effect)

more squishy no. you've always been that squishy, only now you have to stand right outside melee range wich is increadebly closeby.

as for lvling under lvl 30 i don't think anything really changes except the range and slightely lower dmg from blast charge due to a bug fix.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    well you range will be severely cut. seeing as you use ranger thats prolly just for the pet right ? well that only works up until lvl 30 as then he stops lvling.

then after that charge booster was about 30% of the dps of a pve sab. so that has been severely cut.

losing aoe is a myth it was just a bugfix wich the devs even told us a couple times in the forum. (the thing was if the mob died from the shrapnel it did not apply its aoe effect)

more squishy no. you've always been that squishy, only now you have to stand right outside melee range wich is increadebly closeby.

as for lvling under lvl 30 i don't think anything really changes except the range and slightely lower dmg from blast charge due to a bug fix.
    It's still 20m range. The warriors bull rush is only 17m range. 20m range is still quite effective especially if you know how to play a true range class. HIDE BEHIND YOUR TEAMMATES.

im hopin specin second deep into riftstalker helps with the range reduction.
    4LOKO, NOW IN LUNCHABLES

+ Reply to Thread