+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade vs Ranger PvE

Default Nightblade vs Ranger PvE

I've been trying to find out which class is stronger for sustained dps, nightblade or ranger ext. I have one role slot left to use so I can only choose one of them to dps with. These are the builds I've been working on so far.

Nightblade/Assassin/Saboteur:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gMoc.0VRcx0b.m

Ranger/Marksman/Assassin:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.xhx0V0Vh.0VR

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Solareign View Post
    I've been trying to find out which class is stronger for sustained dps, nightblade or ranger ext. I have one role slot left to use so I can only choose one of them to dps with. These are the builds I've been working on so far.

Nightblade/Assassin/Saboteur:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gMoc.0VRcx0b.m

Ranger/Marksman/Assassin:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.xhx0V0Vh.0VR
    putting marks in any build only hurts your DPS, and nightblade is good when its a melee friendly fight, which is only about 5% of them

51/15/0 ranger nigthtblade assassin is the best overall non broken rogue spec at the moment... sabo beats it but its broken and in 5 days no-one will play it because it will be fixed and no longer OP

can you recommend a rotation to the 51 ranger build?

that's the problem with Ranger and Marks right now

any skill that has a cast time can and usually does end up hurting your dps

from my tests and many others posting on this forum any fight that is friendly to the pet you can run the 18 marks/17 assassin/31 ranger, if you're good with managing your pet on the unfriendly fights then have at it with this spec but when it's all said and done this spec does just as much damage as the 51 ranger/15 nightblade/0 assassin without the pet

and testing on the dummy does not really show the 51 ranger in its best light, for one the 51 ranger spams instant cast and needs the chloro/bard energy buff so as to not be energy starved
    2nd all player buffs go to the pet also so a fully buff raptor/wolf is hitting for well over 200 dmg more than a 31 ranger raptor/wolf and it's dps can hit over 200 dps while a 31 ranger's pet will hold around 90-110 dps
    the 51 ranger's pet can easily hold 170dps unbuff

just play whatever you like
    because with the coming patch warriors and saboteurs should be brought down a notch
    and clerics and mages will still be out dpsing rogues and so will warriors maybe....
    and yes clerics in t1/t2 gear can easily beat the ranger/marks spec dmg right now

the past few days I've gotten geared out and have full T1 with 2 pieces of T2 with the 36dps bow
    and 415AP, 26%crit 30% hit this is with the 51 ranger spec by the way(no buffs)... and most fights im pulling 300-400dps myself and my pet is pulling 130-170dps so im avg 430-570dps or somewhere in there
    on the dummy standing there with good rotation I can pull 600dps with my pet

the only real benefit to 51ranger is your pet won't die easy on boss fights and it's the easiest and safest ranged dps class to play

edit: and whats up with the weak AoE rangers/marks have compared to others... damn on the parses i can be pulling 600+ dps maybe 900+ depending how many in the pull, while others will be 300-700dps more than me
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 03-25-2011 at 02:39 AM.
    The overman...Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

+ Reply to Thread